1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you, unlucky Wizards fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Somebody with amazing seats for the Rockets-Wizards game just put them up for sale on Ticketmaster at a discount, and I grabbed them. Front row, center section, behind the scorer's table, on the end near the Rockets bench. I'm taking my son, who's on Cloud 9 at getting this close to the Beard. (We're not right behind the bench -- they're on the left, but we'll be on the aisle facing them.)

I've never had seats this good. I should bring or do something to take advantage of them, right? Anyone got advice?

3 people like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Congratulations, have fun! Hope you have a great time with your son.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

congrats! enjoy them :cool:

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Congrats, be decked out in rockets gear, get there early, bring a camera,sharpies, and memorabilia for autographs. I'm sure the players would love to show love to fans on the road! Enjoy the game!

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Sharpies! Good idea. We have a Rockets hat, no sweatshirt. I'm thinking we should make a couple of beards.

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Get there when the doors open you more than likely will get some autographs!

7. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

You're welcome

8. TheresTheDagger

Arrive early for shootaround. You generally get much better access to the players and they are also much more accommodating to sign autographs and take pictures than any other time.

9. MONON

MONON Member

Make some beards you can write on, take a light colored Sharpie & get Harden to sign your beards. Also since you're that close to the scorers table, we should be able to see you, so be active with your Rockets hats.

You know everyone here's green with envy! :grin:

10. Omer

Omer Member

How much did you get them for? I've been to Rockets @ Wizards games 4 times in the past several years.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Record some of the things the players and coaches say out loud and post them here.

12. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

congrats man! yea, take a sharpie, get some autographs. Go early!!! that's the key. and share some pics :)

enjoy!

13. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Great for you and your boy!

14. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Congrats and nice meeting you, kinda cool when a 99r pops up I've never seen post before. Some of you guys are like unicorns, and pics or it didn't happen!

15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Don't spill any drinks on the floor!

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We're having a b*tch of a time making the beards. Last time we tried construction paper, and it tore at the game. This time we're going with pipe cleaners and fabric. Ends up looking a little too Rasta. I should have started growing the real thing months ago.

Maybe I can record one of those top-secret timeouts where McHale tells the guys to rebound and get stops.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Congrats on the tickets, but I gotta say, as much as guys give McHale crap for his generic time out advice, based on the "Wired" segments on ABC and whatnot, every coach gives equally trite feedback during timeouts... Pop is the only one who seems to say anything interesting.

... Although I wouldn't doubt they're just filtering out the segments that have actual plays drawn up or game-specific advice to protect "trade secrets".

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Better energy! Let's stay in front of our guy on defense. Alright, go get'em!

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The rare post from Will -- you really need to post more.