1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Who are you and what did you do with Joey Dorsey?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

[youtube]1g6lEuEozaM[/youtube]

[youtube]bMHv0sFYpZE[/youtube]

3 people like this.
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The insiders were right, "soon" finally came today and all it cost us was the corpse of Joey Dorsey!

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The 3rd star has finally arrived

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I mentioned this days ago. Dorsey was a step behind everyone due to still recovering from an injury and missing all of training camp and preseason. He's finally healthy and actually adjusting to his role on the team.

He has done a very good job protecting the rim the last two games. He's blocking everything and gobbling up rebounds. That's exactly what we need.

Morey still knows more than all of us. "Best defensive big man in Europe" might not be too far fetched after all. Hopefully Dorsey can keep it up, but I believe he can if health was the main reason why he was sucking.

1 person likes this.
  5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Forth, Cannan is an Allstar.

Didn't u hear?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Dorsey's face looks like Dwight's. He is muscular like Dwight. His haircut is in the same style as Dwight's.

This is creepy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

All we need him to do is play with that kind of energy and hustle and he'll be enough to play back up minutes behind Dwight and Dmo. Bye Tjones.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Buhh-Bye Dwight.

great job Joey!:eek:

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I would be ecstatic if Morey could pull of a Bev/Jones/filler deal for an Eric Bledsoe type. I think that instantly puts us over the top.

The trade deadline will be even more interesting than usual this year.

10. baubo

baubo Member

You mean that injuries may cause a player to not perform to his potential? Can that possibly happen? And here I thought it was just magic that Dorsey looked like crap earlier and much better now. I mean, there is even a giant thread devote to his crappiness here.

This "not playing well because of injuries" thing sounds innovative. Perhaps the next step in statistical analysis. Maybe Morey should look into this so he can take into this account when judging players.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Clutch, has Dorsey been playing hurt this year? Based on some of his instagram posts, I got the impression he had been. He may have only been 100% the last 2 weeks or so. I think it was that plantar fasciitis he's always seems to have.

It could explain why he was so bad early on and has suddenly improved, if you take into consideration needing a week or so for conditioning.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You sound bitter. I mean to dispel the notion that he is the worst player ever and Morey was out of his mind signing him, by you know, providing some context. No one was bringing up the injury factor, rather just putting him and the Rockets' organization on blast blindly.

So hey. I'd love to see you cite all the posts that said the same thing since I was soooooo unoriginal. :rolleyes:

Dorsey said in his post game interview that he only got healthy less than three weeks ago.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like canaan is more of a goner than Beverly. I think most teams see Beverly as an injury prone pg right now which has definitely plummeted his stock. Tjones however has only had this one bad injury and should still be extremely tradeable. He'll flourish on another team that wants to rebuild. Black Dorsey Dwight Dmo and Papa will run the Pf and Center positions.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

As far as trade bait goes, I think (second team all defense) Beverley has a higher claim in the market than an unproven Canaan.

I'd actually hate to see either of them go, and perhaps too would Dwight and James (who are very close with Bev) but have to give up something to get a piece to put us over the top.

Unless we just continue playing out of our minds and post the best record in the league. Then I say we just make a minor trade to solidify the back up shooting guard position and call it a day.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It has been a long time since anything significant went down at the deadline. Like Clyde D. long.

16. mig0s

mig0s Member

inb4 Dwight loses starting job to Dorsey

17. baubo

baubo Member

Ah, I was actually trying to mock the "Dorsey worst signing eva" thread with that post. Guess by trying to be too sarcastic, it kind of seemed like I was bashing you.

With Dorsey there's clearly a preconception bias at work here. Dorsey indeed sucked the first time around, and his signing was mocked by most at the time of the signing. So regardless of why he played badly, people just piled on him. Whereas if he was hailed as a great signing and started off like this, the narrative would be entirely different with people pointing to this increase in production as "Hey, we knew he was good. He was just injured!"

I personally never really joined in much of the Dorsey discussion because I thought he was more or less irrelevant this year. That has changed due to Dwight's injury, but regardless of play I think Dorsey goes back to being irrelevant with Dwight back. DMo is clearly the backup center.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ray Lewis ate him and spit him back out.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Apologies then. I understand exactly what you are saying. Definitely agree. :)

20. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

I see what you did there. :grin: