1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rasheed Sulaimon...and Duke

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ferrari77, Jan 29, 2015.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

This story will be interesting.
    Figured I'd post it here cos he's a Houston kid(and a good kid from what I know of him) and maybe he declares for the draft(has good size and ability from the wing) or transfers to another school

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...uard-from-program/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

He wasn't dismissed for Academic reasons. Some are speculating drugs.
    My take on it is he probably went at it with Coach K or the assistants (maybe after the loss to ND yesterday) about his diminished role with the team over the last season.
    I'd understand if he was pissed and frustrated with that especially after Coach K relegated him to the bench but that's one where one of his boys on the team should've dragged him far away from the coaches....if in fact it turns out he went at it with the coaches. Or maybe it was weed use.
    Hopefully more info comes out soon.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Used to play him in AAU and then in high school ball while he was at Strake Jesuit, and actually got to know him pretty well. He's a good dude. Disappointing to hear this.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Has Coach K ever dismissed a player?

4. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

KELVIN SAMPSON. GO

5. ferrari77

I don't believe so.

The thing one hears most people say about Rasheed is that he is just a good dude. Simply put. In class, on the court, etc.

I hope it had nothing to do w/ drugs or women but I truly doubt it would.
    My money is on a confrontation with Coach K over his diminished role with the team starting last season. Seems the influx of freshman led Coach K to reduce Rasheed's minutes and role.
    To me he seems like a valuable piece on any team even despite his erratic play this season(a reason for that).

6. ferrari77

Oy vey.
    This does not look good at all.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Subject: Fwd: <a href="https://twitter.com/frankgarcia65">@frankgarcia65</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/laurakeeley">@laurakeeley</a> <a href="http://t.co/fIwDimSJ5O">pic.twitter.com/fIwDimSJ5O</a></p>&mdash; Jack Moss (@jackmoss23) <a href="https://twitter.com/jackmoss23/status/560955480827510784">January 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. The Stig

The Stig Member

Dude is going to transfer to SMU along with Semi. I hope?

8. NotChandlerParsons

Did he choke out coach K? Give him a medal.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Why??

10. CertifiedTroll

I don't think Sulaimon is on the same level as Semi. But, I imagine he was pissed with Coach K for not giving him a bigger role.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Coach K and Duke are a bunch of frauds... From their "athlete only summer classes" where they all get A's to not letting kids take the majors they want.. They brag about academics but are the same as everywhere else.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Oh yes please!

13. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

I personally grew up with him. Was very shocked to hear this and my initial reaction was probably that it was attitude problems. I hope it's nothing too serious judging from that tweet. He's a good person.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We can only hope it's just his attitude. I come from Strake ('02) and have only heard that he was your usual athlete in terms of entitlement, but otherwise he was a good kid that kept a clean nose.

But for Coach K to use such malicious words in a press conference no less, you have to wonder if it's more. Hopefully he lands on his feet elsewhere and stays a professional about this. No use in getting your hands dirty now.

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

We are, SJ!

Not a good look for us, or Sulaimon.

16. ferrari77

Wow I didn't even realize Semi had decided to transfer to SMU. I knew when he decided he wanted out but didn't know he decided on a school. Good for him. He went to Duke at the wrong time.

You mean in terms of Sulaimon having more reason to be pissed because he had a bigger role from the start than Semi did w/Duke?

I wonder about Sean Obi deciding to transfer to Duke after the Rice stuff.
    Hopefully he won't regret the decision when he would probably not have to worry about some hotshot freshman if he had settled on Vanderbilt or even Michigan.
    I do know the Nigerian group at Duke- Semi, Jahlil, Rasheed and Sean are(were) fairly close. Now two are gone and Jahlil will be leaving in a few months. I know Coach K being Coach K played into Sean going to Durham but he might regret it next season if all his boys are gone and playing time isn't as regular as he would like.

We know that about many schools and their Basketball and Football programs but I didn't even think or realize Duke did the same thing. Just never crossed my mind. SMH.