1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Any way for the Rockets to get their money back?

[​IMG]

2. AbrahamLincoln

I think he will have a difficult year. Hopefully he puts his head down and works on his game and his health problems. I hope he uses the d league as motivation to be a better player and not view it as something that is unfair and discriminatory. All depends on his outlook. He has a lot of potential but I don't think it's a stretch to see him out of basketball in 2 years.

We are going to make trades around the deadline I think. If he works hard he could see pt then.

3. Arthurprescott2

fixed.

4. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is that picture supposed to insinuate that he might jump?

5. conquistador#11

he's probably ticked off at being sent to a "developmental" league. In most cities, that would be a slap to the face. But the rockets don't use it like all the other teams, It's actually good for the players.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

thanks for providing some small level of comfort ...or not. when you're rooting for a medical issue to be the excuse for an absence, you're in big trouble.

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Its getting hard for black fans too :grin:

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

don't think so...FWIW (since there's always a window), it had to be taken from inside the building not the roof

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>My old enemy....... <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Heights">#Heights</a> ✈ <a href="http://t.co/t4R5qktU" title="http://instagr.am/p/R8Z8qBOluR/">instagr.am/p/R8Z8qBOluR/</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268105677623418881" data-datetime="2012-11-12T21:39:09+00:00">November 12, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

He says he wants to put word out about his disorder, and show people they can make it even with it. But he's doing nothing but showing people that you don't want people with this type of mental illness around (though there are people that live with it everyday, who make it to work.) White can't even complain about playing time seeing as he decided to skip camp to demand a bus... You brought this on yourself.

Comparing this guy to Arian Foster is a joke. Even Arian's year on the practice squad he was here daily.

10. CertifiedTroll

We gave up on Morris pretty quick last season. Yeah, White is making mistakes that he should not be, but we knew that he was a risk when we took him. Just give it time, if he gets his act together he could be a great pick, if not he will not stay in the league. We picked him for the small chance he could be great, we don't need another mediocre PF. Still rooting for you Royce! (But please cooperate!)

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

over the past month, you in particular chased after any post here that criticized white's attitude. you did this DOZENS of times, like an annoying little chihuahua on posters' ankles. now STFU u dolt.

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Is somebody keeping a list of this stuff? Flying, heights, running...

Just waiting for that tweet where we learn that Royce White is afraid of basketballs.

I don't care for unfounded Kevin McHale hate, but this is the one thing that is completely on him. Evidently White was McHale's pick, while everyone else in the organization felt he was too big a risk.

Welp.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think I need rehab to get off this white.

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

haha..I'll second that Clutch. I'm a big Asik fan. Plus we got potentially another quality rookie, Terrence jones, not to mention D-Mo and Morris showing potential. You win some, lose some.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member

this is one of those deals where he will get cut and have this made for TV comeback story. Except with another team.

We got him too early. Of course he could likely flame out altogether. Either way it's looking worse and worse for rockets.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think it was a mistake to take him in the first round. If he was a second rounder you didn't have to give him a guaranteed contract.

17. chapinha_br

chapinha_br Member

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Black fans too, hardly anybody can see the games.

19. gatechdude

gatechdude Contributing Member

Yup...The University of Texas Medical School at Houston on 6431 Fannin Street....Looks like the picture was taken from Methodist Hospital across the street.

20. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I couldn't care less about White, BUT since he's a member of the Rockets family, I still hope that things will work out, the situation will resolve, or he'll turn around and be able to contribute to the organization one way or the other (i.e. play or trade).