1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something I found extremely eye-popping....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 28, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This may be a waste of a thread, but I was bored and was reading up on my old town (Magnolia), and I came across this:

The town boasts a city limit one-mile-square radius of 1,111 people reflected by the 2000 U.S. census. But the greater Magnolia area roughly spans 12 miles in all directions, encompassing a population of more than 65,000.

I think that speaks volumes for the Houston area in general. Please feel free to ignore this poor excuse for a thread, though.;)

2. synergy

synergy Member

on a related note, the track and field stadium in athens holds up to 110,000 people...

:)

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Also on a similar note:

How many of us BBSers say we live in Cypress? Quite a few. Does anyone know exactly how many people live in Cypress, TX???

NONE - it doesn't exist anymore.

Cypress used to be a real town, but then it became unincorporated or whatever. So nobody actually lives in Cypress, we just have our mailing address there.

4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

santa fe is near magnolia right. i've been driving from houston to galveston from galveston to houston and back a couple of yrs and have never exited and checked out what looks like to me a little sprawling city of the freeway that resembles woodlands tx. but the main flock of humdingers do congregate from that area,,,and they walk up and down the seawall west of 61st street and like it when the sunset shines on their jiggling butts.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Wrong. :(

6. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

meggoleggo.. I actually have a Houston address, but thats interesting..... All my friends from fairfield etc always say they live in Cypress.. but I'm wondered.. does it even have a mayor or anything... interesting that is isn't actually a city

7. Two Sandwiches

It's near Tomball.

8. Fatty FatBastard

If y'all haven't figured it out, yet, Houston is King.

All your suburbs are belong to us.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

Santa Fe is near Galveston/Texas City.

10. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Not Pasadena! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

okay it's a stinkhole... but we make all the oil money

11. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Wow, a thread mentioning Santa Fe. My wife taught high school there for 7 years. We actually lived there for 3 years. Santa Fe is west of Dickinson (think behind Heartbreakers). Hwy 6 runs right thought it. The town has a history of racist activities...

12. Two Sandwiches

Yeah, I meant that Magnolia was near Tomball, but I think it came out wrong.:cool: