1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] "The top shooting team in the playoffs" ... really??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tonyrox, Apr 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tonyrox

tonyrox Member

Chronicle link

According to the Chronicle we're the top shooting team in the playoffs so far. Does that refer to points or to FG%? Normally, I'd assume it was referring to the latter, however we only shot 39% last night. Anyone see this noted anywhere else other than the chronicle?

lock if posted already.

2. Omer

Omer Member

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think we shot over 50 in all our other games

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

And, Game 1 was an aberration that should be thrown out, since Portland didn't come to play. In all, I don't think it's a very meaningful stat.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

our offense has gotten worse every game statistically. if portland, an athletic yet young team can do this. the lakers, an even more athletic yet very experienced team will exploit this to death.

6. corby

corby Contributing Member

I can't believe we are in the top half for playoff free throw shooting. It has felt like everyone but Yao has been determined to give away these games at the charity stripe.

7. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

We're not. We're 9th in percentage in the playoffs, out of 16. Last night hurt quite a bit in that respect. I have more confidence in Aaron Brooks hitting desperation 3s than I do him hitting his foul shots, at this point.