1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howard situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by docgundy, Jul 26, 2006.

1. docgundy

docgundy Member

We've had several posters report that Howard is close to being traded. Statistically, Howard is one of the worst in the NBA (moneyball wise). I won't be surprised if he is traded. The Lakers could still be the team that gets him according to previous posters. Does anyone have any information on that deal? How do Mihm and Cook's surgeries and Devean George packing to Dallas affect any possible deals? Take it with a grain of salt, but there's a poster on another message board who said that a deal involving Juwan Howard could be announced tonight. Thanks.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

A poster on another board. Wowsers!

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the mihm/cook rumor doesnt do anything for me at all. I always thought mihm could become a legit player, but the guy has ruined those thoughts.

i havent heard of many other trades ideas

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

You're not talking about the poster on realgm claiming the Rockets will land Odom are you?

5. docgundy

docgundy Member

Howard/Head for Mihm/Cook/Vujacic makes sense to me. It's fair for both teams.

6. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

which other board? it might matter!

didnt this topic get locked already? :confused:

7. rainfly99

rainfly99 New Member

I don't think Howard will be trade. In fact, he's fill for ROX.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

if you are referring to lakerspride...then you should know that guy was flat out lying about mihm's injury and basically getting the j-ho trade from message boards.

so how quickly do you guys think this will be locked?

9. docgundy

docgundy Member

No. Some guy said that he heard on the radio that Howard would get traded today, but it won't be announced until tonight. This is on realgm. The thread got locked because nobody heard the rumor, but the guy claims it was late at night and he's sure that he's not hearing things.

10. docgundy

docgundy Member

Yeah I was originally referring to LakersPride. Is it confirmed that he was lying? If that's the case, then this thread might as well be locked too. I thought LP knew something we didn't.

11. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

thank u for wasting our time. :rolleyes:

12. rainfly99

rainfly99 New Member

If he really heard on the radil, then some others should hear too.
    But no one declare, so, you know, he lied!

13. docgundy

docgundy Member

Well, CD said a few days ago that there are still trades to be made and that he's not really looking at the free agent market. I coupled what he said with those Juwan to LA rumors on this board and other websites, and then that poster on realgm said he heard something on the radio about it, so I thought I might ask some fellow bbsmembers if they had any updates. Thanks.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the only player on the lakers that interests me and is somewhat attainable is vujacic. he has shown some signs and i think this will be his breakout year

15. thesaint

thesaint Member

I dont know how Howard is worst? I think he is decent at PF position that can also knock down jumpers. I think he still has couple decent years in him. If not starting, then i think he is great off the bench. He is far times better and experienced than Mihm or any other PFs available rite now imo.

The only reason Rox would get rid of him is because of his salary. Other than that Howard always plays with energy and if not now then he will always be a great backup after couple years.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

he said mihm had 3 torn ligaments in his knee and that he "might need surgery" lol. no one even bothered to call him out on it until the end of the thread.

let's not forget you aren't supposed to post random rubbish from other message boards here either. that would be the main reason for the lock.

17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

The only 2 problems with JH are is contract and the fact that he is now that veteren, savvy backup PF at this point in his career.

Let's be honest, JH can still ball, hit the open jumpshot with ease, hit his free throws, and run the court, we were all very happy to get JH as basically a throw-in in the T-Mac trade. Basically a 14/7 guy, at the time, for free... If he had suited up against Dallas in the playoffs, we would have advanced for sure (btw, Mike James knocked him out for the season, along with the heart virus, in Golden State that year).

Now as we look to turn the corner with a bit of youth and athleticism, JH becomes this goat for us and I don't believe thats very fair on our parts.

With that being said, I still don't think that giving him up for the Lakers "spare parts" or "projects" or "expiring contracts" is a very good idea. Now, if we should land Odom or Bonzi because of him in a 3-way deal or whatever, then I'll be all for it. But, since that's basically a pipedream, we may have to (should) hold on to him at least til the All-Star Break IMO.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A very wise post forchette49.

19. dram1

dram1 Member

I think any rumor related to in any way anything originating from the posts of LakersPride should be disregarded as have all the others. I think it is safe to say that this is as a good a rumor as someone saying that Alex Rodriguez is being traded to the Astros without a source.

No source= zero cred= waste of time=false hope=only a dream=another year with Juwan Howard in a Rockets uniform.

WAIT! Do you hear th
    The thread-locking time-bomb is time-bomb is ticking.......

20. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member