1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hundreds of children under age of 10 married in Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Sep 4, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

This is not right in my opinion.

From a another thread...but since the person it was intended for didn't take up the challenge, (Northside Storm) here it is again.

Why is this allowable in Islamic countries?

Answer...
    No other prophet, that I know of had sexual intercourse with a 9 year old little girl, as well as fondling her before she was 9.

Followers of Islam are told to follow his example.

As we read from the words of Mr Asfenani, it is OK under Sharia Law to marry a 9 year old girl, as she is considered the appropriate age for a girl to have reached puberty...

The Challenge:

Are there any Muslims, or anyone for that matter, on this board willing to step up and condemn the actions of the prophet in regards to his sexual behaviour towards little Aisha?

Any of my Muslim brothers willing to say that what he did as a 50+ year old man with a 6 to 9 year old girl was wrong, disgusting, perverted and the repugnant behaviour of a pedophile?

Anyone willing to speak out against Iran, and other countries that allow child marriages, for what amounts to child abuse!

*crickets...*crickets...

Northside Storm wouldn't take up the challenge, will anyone?

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

That is sad and depressing

Is there even rule of law there?

3. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Izak, thanks for the personal call-out.

However, I'm not Muslim in the slightest, and as someone who fights for equality rights, and against Abrahamic (or really any repression) of women, you can be clear on where I stand on this issue.

I question those, however, who profess to protect women, while seemingly remaining oblivious to non-Islamic forms of repression. It is especially telling when these become attacks on Islam that focus on the "superior virtues" of Christianity instead.

Fruits of a poisonous tree, all three, when it comes to women and sex.

1 person likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I agree, let's bomb Iran. Crusade!!

5. IzakDavid13

Sharia Law.

6. IzakDavid13

As I've said before, where does Jesus or his apostles condone, approve or sanction the abuse of women?

And your welcome for the personal call out, that's what friends are for.:)

7. Northside Storm

1 Peter 3:5

Fruits of the same poisonous tree. This is the same bulls**t attitude towards women as Islamists hold. I'm not a big fan of either, so if you want to pull me into a dick-swinging religious contest of which either side I'm not too fond of, I'd have to respectfully decline.

Thanks friend. Hope all is well with you and your daughter.

1 person likes this.
  8. CometsWin

Did you know the "virgin" Mary was allegedly 12 or 13 years old when she got married and Joseph, i mean God, knocked her up? What a sicko huh? I find the religious pissing contest pretty funny.

9. IzakDavid13

She is doing well, the chemotherapy is starting to work, and we have many people praying for her, and pulling for her to beat this rare tumor.

Her passion, strength and the way that she is coping under such enormous adversity is something that has me in total awe.

I would most likely be feeling sorry for myself, whilst she is tackling life full on.

That is why anything to do with abuse of women, and especially children fires me up.

10. IzakDavid13

No Biblical or archeological proof. Hear say.

Your argument is rendered moot.

11. CometsWin

A Christian talking to me about proof. LOL

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's hilarious how the leftists, or interns who want to gain some sympathy points from actual leftists, always relativize Islamist wrongdoings by saying "but Christianity is also bad". Like Pavlov's dog, they will react like this. It's so predictable - historically, there is a kernel of truth, but currently, it's just not nearly on the same level.

13. Northside Storm

Understandable on the last point, though maybe if you took off your focus on Islam a tad bit, you'd find even more perspective on the issue.

It's always terrible when these things happen to children, but hopefully her strength beats this thing, and she can carry with her for the rest of her life the positive energy gotten from persevering and winning. All the best to you and her on this.

In the interests of the thread, I'll move on and just say that Islam is not the problem; it is a symptom of a grander problem; a society, culture and set of norms built by men for men.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I was raised a Muslim, but am not a practicing one. That being said, I am personally getting tired of these dumb **** threads calling for Muslims in the US to do something about these idiots back in the Middle East.

This is not right in my opinion.
    Who the hell is claiming this is "right"?

Why is this allowable in Islamic countries?
    Pretty sure its a cultural thing. Girls are being married at a very young age in India (Hindus), many places in Africa (Catholics I am assuming), etc. Lack of education is to be blamed IMO.

No other prophet, that I know of had sexual intercourse with a 9 year old little girl, as well as fondling her before she was 9.
    Mohammed was married I think to Khadija, his first wife, for about 30-40 years. She was 15 years his senior. Most of his other wives were widows. Women had no recourse back then once their husbands died. Mohammed took them as wives to provide a better life. Again, I think people just married young back then.

As we read from the words of Mr Asfenani, it is OK under Sharia Law to marry a 9 year old girl, as she is considered the appropriate age for a girl to have reached puberty...

I don't know who the hell Mr. Asfenani and no Muslims I know personally believe in Sharia law.

Are there any Muslims, or anyone for that matter, on this board willing to step up and condemn the actions of the prophet in regards to his sexual behaviour towards little Aisha?
    Wasn't it the norm back then to marry at young ages across the globe? I don't think it only pertained to Islam.

Anyone willing to speak out against Iran, and other countries that allow child marriages, for what amounts to child abuse!
    What would you have me do? Go to Tehran and go on a hunger strike outside some imam's house?

FYI...I am a Shia Muslim and Shias don't believe in hadiths. These were written years after Mohammed died from people who claimed to remember exactly what he said.

But please don't let me rain in on your parade of Islam bashing due to your ignorance.

6 people like this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

And yet you do the same thing when someone criticizes Israel.

Your hypocrisy really has no bounds!

You are not really any different than the folks you criticize. You are just on the other side of the fence.

#15 Zboy, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Same thing? Did I say "it's not so bad, because Christians also do bad stuff"? Nope.

I criticize those who spread intolerance, who oppress women, who stone non-married couples, who get violent because of cartoons, who force women into mobile jails, who jail and kill "apostates".

I am different. I don't do any of that. And I am glad I am on the other side of the fence from people who do that, and from people who defend/relativize it.

17. CometsWin

It's called hypocrisy and you're not addressing root causes of fundamentalism, you're just being an angry douche. I'm sure there is a Muslim ATW somewhere posting stories about Christians burning Korans, Mormons having harems, Catholics molesting children, and pastors getting killed because they handle deadly snakes in church as examples of how western society is crazy.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Never heard about the deadly snakes episode, but none of the examples you posted (except the molesting children part, but this is done by individuals, and not in the name of the religion) is nearly as bad as what is happening in the name of Islam around the world on a daily basis.

You can try as much as you want but it is not the same.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

my contest is hilarious, i piss on all religions!!!

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Ah ha. This is why Iran should not be allowed to have nuclear power of any sort and why we have to support Israel if they launch an illegal attack against Iran.

1 person likes this.