1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Several teams in the mix to move up

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by J.R., Jun 17, 2011.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

And some other odds and ends

1 person likes this.
  2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Thanks for posting.

I could definitely see us taking Bogdanovic, if he's there at #38.

Really? The Knicks? What do they have to offer? #17, Landry Fields & Tony Douglas? :confused:

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Pulling out the bits that concern the Rockets (for those that were too lazy to read it all).

Rockets still in mix for #2 pick:

More word on Rockets' trade activity:

Rockets linked to Biyombo:

Possibility with #23 or #36? Bojan Bogdanovic:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog...spn.go.com/nba/blog?name=nba_draft&id=6672205

Interesting...if he's worth a mid-first round pick then to grab him with our 2nd round would be a huge steal. However, if he's rising on the board then we might have use our 23rd pick on him. It all depends how his other workouts go and who is on the board.

1 person likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Just listened to Chad Ford on an ESPN podcast. Pretty good listen.

These are inexact quotes, but after running down the list of lottery teams, it left little time at the end for Phoenix, Houston, etc. Still, Ford said, besides the obvious need in Houston for a big, that (paraphrasing, and cherrypicking from about 60 seconds or less of analysis):

"Houston....

"is the most active team right now."

"really wants to shake things up."

"feels like they'll be moving out of this pick."

He said he would be very surprised if Houston drafts at #14.

1 person likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'd venture to say moving back(as opposed to up). Just a guess.

Was this the podcast today with Ryan Rusellio(or whatever his name is)? Thanks

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, it was. I forget, you're the one who types these out verbatim. I haven't the requisite typing skills or time. But it's a pretty good listen, that podcast.

You're right, "not staying at #14" can also mean trading back. It would certainly be easier. Just don't know who they'd target in that case, unless it's a Euro to stash overseas.

I'm going to cling to false hope and say we move up or trade for a player to be named later.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

You could be right. Not sure we'll be able to move up but I guess we'll see. Anyhow, thanks again. Listening right now.

Houston part:

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Listening to the new Draftexpress podcast and here's what Givony basically says:

Beginning next week we may see one or two "massive trades" where "massive salaries are exchanged in preparation for the lockout, and that is going to throw a wrench in everything."

Speculation: the Rockets have been said to be the most active team in trade discussions, makes me wonder if they would be apart of one of the deals.

10. pge71188

pge71188 Member

[​IMG]

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bog would be an excellent, excellent stash pick...

12. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

anyone else been looking at Draftexpress and Insider draft stuff for the past 6 months and want to fast forward to Thursday already? Longest week of my life

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think Rockets just want the #2 to secure Gortat.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When the choice is between mediocre-at-best and swinging for the fences, Morey will choose the latter every time.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Scola for #7

Flip #7 and Thabeet for Gortat.

Don't want to trade down. I think lots of teams will be looking for cash for picks (e.g. Boston).

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

We hear the same thing every year. Maybe this is Morey year he finally moves up, but I'm not holding my breath.

17. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Donatas Motiejunas is in the US, was in Houston to work out for the Rockets today, per a source. More workouts coming before the NBA Draft. 1 minute ago

http://twitter.com/#!/TheHoopsReport

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Smokes Green! Rockets have no interest in softy Motiejunas!

19. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

massive trades hunh? sounds like epic stuff is brewing and I'm sure Morey is in the center of the vortex with his pitch fork poking ppl.. hopefully he can gouge an Asik from Chi, or Jefferson from the j*zz, maybe the #2 from Kaaaahn etc.. in these scenarios the proposal has to begin with K Mart or Scola..

if massive trades are to occur, then Morey has to be in the game, like EA Sports

20. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I bet Kevin McHale, a big fan of the post, fell in love with Motiejunas post game. Personally I think with his improved frame and overall strength, Motiejunas could play some minutes at the 5..

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G5Tblw5WggQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>