1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick You Dunderhead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hak34, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Ok so I have bitten my toungue long enough. Im not one to be a knee jerk reactionist, but enough is enough.

Rick, Yao is having a great game to start off. Great first half, good hustle, he's boarding blocking shots, getting position. Promptly, you put him in more situations at the elbow used as a high pick and roll screener instead of on the block.

Enough using excuses that the players aren't finding Yao. You are the coach, I really don't think its all the players fault. You can't tell me for 24 minutes of the second half as I watch Yao battle for position underneath that you can't make your players go to him.

Rick we know you are without McGrady. But we brought you in here to inject offense and fluid motion. Instead, we have a team that barely scores any more than a JVG team as the offense of this league has steadily gone up. Your team with Brooks, Scola, Landry, Yao, McGrady, Artest, Battier, Lowry can't get you more points than a JVG team that used players like Ryan freaking Bowen. Chuck Hayes as our starter, Juwon Howard? Are you kidding me.

I could care less that Yao went down last year, and McGrady this year. This team is deep and talented. You play to the strength of your best Player. Using Yao as a screener at the high elbow is just r****ded. Could anyone imagine Rudy T putting Hakeem at the top for two straight quarters? Could anyone imagine Rudy T getting Hakeem something like 2 shot attempts in the second half? Granted Yao is not Hakeem, but he is NO scrub, and is the best if not the second best center in the game. No scratch that he is the best Center in the game. WTF are you doing to Yao, and my team Rick?

No way you blame Yao for his lack of production or slide in performance since Rick has been here. It started way back in your introductory press conference, when you first told us you planned on using Yao at the high block. When you can't see Yao is not a 6'10" PF named Webber or a Jump shooter of a Center named Vlade, instead of the 7'6" low block player who was on his way to having a decent career till you showed up. I think, what if this were Shaq. Would he do the same thing?

Bah. Here we are years later, and I honestly believe we have taken a serious step back in our PG play. AB, I know I have been critical of you, but I can't remember when the last time I so consistantly saw such horrible, horrible, horrible PG play. Its all aspects of your game too. Every part is bad. Look you either have it or you don't. AB is just another Rockets product that people wan't to believe in, that just doesn't work. This team still needs to look for a PG.

/angry po'd rant.

2 people like this.
  2. emcsquared

emcsquared Member

Good one.
    I never believed RA is THE coach for rockets.
    There is reason why he never won a championship.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I am not sure about your rant, but props for using "dunderhead" in your thread title. That's awesome!

4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

RA can't coach this team. We need a new coach and I've said that for a while now.

5. tofu--

tofu-- Member

BUTBUT ADELMAN SAID YAO HAS TO DEMAND THE BALL BY HIMSELF, IT'S NOT THE COACH'S FAULT LOL

How Adelman used Yao today was just a travesty.

6. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

RA needs to chew some people out after this one...you can say it's just one game....it's the Lakers...but look at HOW we played. Artest needs to understand he aint TMAC....EVERYONE needs to understand YAO needs to touch the ball 9 out of 10 possessions. If Yao's not in and Scola has it going...GET SCOLA THE BALL. It ain't rocket science. Unfortunately, every Rocket other than Barry and Battier is a major bonehead.

Wafer needs to be literally punched in the face for not passing to Barry on that 2 on 1.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rick was bought in to inject Offense and for the most part...we have a good offense. When we play teams equal to us and below us our Offense is fluid and looks great.

But when we play Elite teams, goodbye to our offense. I really want Avery to coach this team, Adelman is a great coach but it's clear he needs versatile big men to do what he really wants to do. That's why we've seen a lot of times with Landry and Scola together our offense looks great.

While Yao is versatile, he's best IN THE PAINT.

Time to hire Aver Johnson. A guy who loves defensive intensity and understands that when your team is struggling or needs to score...you go to your best guy, not run some cute play for a role player.

8. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Im not going to be the one to claim something stupid like Adelman cant coach. Obviously the man can.

Its just a stupid shame that even the announcers of every game are at a loss how little the Rockets set plays where Yao gets the ball in the low blocks. Look if it aint working for Yao a night, then so be it, move him out as a screener whatever Rick. But what was the dam reason you allowed him to be ignorned and ran out as a screener at the elbow after the first half?

9. kryten128

kryten128 Member

It's sickening to hear the announcers saying it over and over again to give Yao the ball and run the offense through Yao.

I guess Rick is the only person in the whole freaking world in the dark about what makes the team efficient.

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Avery Johnson in the off season.

Do it Morey. :D

11. 1individual

1individual Member

He needs to take a class in Intercultural Relations... he should know by now how soft and gullable Yao is.

12. lalala902102001

RA is a great coach. The Rockets just lost to a superior team tonight.

Look at what we have: we start a second year PG who did not play much last year; our best player is not even in the top 20 best players in the league; and we rely on a well certified bonehead in the final minute of a close ballgame.

Adelman has done as well as he could this year given what has transpired.

13. coohou

coohou Member

Well said !!! Unfortunately, there is no way we can get ride of the AB now.

14. emcsquared

emcsquared Member

You call an idiot that played a 7'6'', 310 pound center 21 minutes straight in the 2nd half and benched him in the last 3 minutes a good coach?

15. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

correct.

16. emcsquared

emcsquared Member

Yeah, he is a great coach who gets out-coached every single time when facing championship-caliber coaches.
    Best yet, every time he looks like an idiot.

17. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

I'm still so ****ing pissed. At least Dallas and Utah lost...

18. emcsquared

emcsquared Member

So, everybody can be a great coach. The only thing a coach needs to tell his players is:

"Whoever at the right place should demand the ball. And whoever has the ball should pass the ball right away."

19. Hak34

Hak34 Member

You know, there were times when I hated Rudy T ball. The Dump it in, kick back out. Mostly during Barkleys years. Then the allowing of Cat and Francis to Iso so much, but at very least it was utilizing the strengths of your best players. I couldnt fault Rudy for that, as it was how our teams were built.

But I will never ever ever ever never understand a coach who inherits a 25 and 10 low post beast, with good passing skills and wants that player to fit his system as opposed to fitting his system to that player.

20. mich

mich Member

I felt the same way. Thanks.