1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Mr. 4th Quarter.

This dude has the heart and guts with the game on the line.

I heart Lowry.

2. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

STart lowry adelman, open your damn eyes

3. OlajuwonShake34

I could see him being the next Jason Kidd.... or Rajon Rondo. Both are great players..

Lowry is a pass-first PG, who actually has an IQ at being a PG unlike Mr. Mini Mouse Brooks.

I love AB, but he's a 6th man at best, he's not a starter.

4. chineuro

chineuro Member

He did great job in 3rd and 4th quarter,
    i think he should start or share more minutes!

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It doesn't matter who the starter is. As long as Coach Concrete figures out who to give minutes to and who finishes the game. There were 5-6 games earlier in the season that might have been salvaged if hadn't been so stubborn about insisting that Rafer finish instead of AB. I'm glad he's finally figured out that performance is more important that loyalty.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think he should have played a little more aggressively towards the end. He made the fundamental pass to Artest in the corner on one play, but he was right around the basket and we could have tied it there a score. And he short armed another shot close in a few possessions earlier.

Aaron Brooks played scared, again. After going 3-8, he's now shooting 35.7% from the field since taking over the starting job from Rafer. And it's not like this is an isolated slump. He shot in the mid-30s for well over a month earlier in the year.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

lowry is the truth. his game is very similar to chris paul's. if he was a little more aggressive he could be a star in this league.

8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Lowry led us back with his effort. There's no reason why we shouldn't run ISO plays for HIM instead of Yao and Ron. He's as good as any of them at getting inside and either getting a high percentage layup or drawing the foul.

10. OlajuwonShake34

Who do you believe should start?

For me I'm going to say Lowry. We have 3 scorers in the starting lineup Scola, Artest and Yao. We don't need 4, especially when Aaron Brooks isn't even smart enough to play like a point guard.

My guy is Lowry, because he can set up an offense and run it. Next Jason Kidd :eek:

11. Ismail

Ismail Member

Rafer Alston ran plays for the Rockets. Kyle Lowry seems to be running the offense for the Rockets. Aside from that telegraphed pass to Yao, I didn't see him do much wrong at all. He fouls hard, plays solid defense (got Deron on a 24 second violation?), and can hit a midrange jumper. I can't wait to see the coaches work with him this summer. For that salary, he is a steal. Morey strikes again.

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I agreed. I was surprised he passed out to Artest when he had a free lane for a layup that could have tied the game.

13. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i agree man. i think lowry can take over a game all by himself. he can get in the paint at will or set up a teammate.

14. TheBigAristotle

I like the kid. Players like Lowry quickly become your favorite players even if they aren't as skilled as the first pick in the draft. As much as Brooks brings to the table with speed and athleticism, he isn't well-suited for this kind of a "dogfight" game.

Don't know what the future holds for Lowry but keep it up

15. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

The sequence where he drove in 3 times in a row was beautiful. He also flopped when Millsap put his arm in his back. It was like a 8 point swing.

16. OlajuwonShake34

I'll say this again If I hadn't already

Aaron Brooks = Eddie House
    Kyle Lowry = Rajon Rondo

Kyle Lowry is a pesky defender, he's aggressive, he's explosive, great finisher, can hit the mid-range game (rondo can't though), he's a pass-first PG

Brooks is a great shooter with great handles that's about it. He's not a starter in this league, just like Eddie House.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think it does matter who starts. We need to establish a tempo to the game and a rhythm. Honestly, with Brooks, it can be good or it can be bad at times, but with Lowry he seems so collected out there.

He didn't have such a great 2nd quarter but he still came back with confidence and ended the game right.

Regardless, the point, with the point guard position I think it matters who starts. We need to establish a rhythm early and we both know that the better point guard for that job is Kyle Lowry. Not a knock on Brooks, but he is best suited as a 6th man.

18. aka665

aka665 Member

I like him over AB. Especially in games w/ bigger guards. He also helps w/ our rebounding...

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Brooks has gone through his slumps when he's starting and when he's coming off the bench, so I'm not sure if it would make much of a difference. If Lowry is playing better, he should get more minutes and he should finish the game. But the Rockets have generally played well with Brooks starting, despite his poor games, so I wouldn't want to mess with something that isn't really broken. I'm not sure how Brooks would react to that ... he seems like a guy who thrives on confidence.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

This board is schizo. He goes from being a crappy young player to the next Rondo/Kidd/Chris Paul in a week.