1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady's future with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jelle, Feb 14, 2008.

?

Does T-mac have a future with the Rockets ?

1. No, we trade him right now and get Artest

14 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. No, we trade him now for some role players

14 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. Yes, definetly keep him for another year

10 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. Yes, but playoff succes is key to wether he stays or not

70 vote(s)
    46.1%
  5. Hell Yeah !! Keep him for another 2 to 3 years

11 vote(s)
    7.2%
  6. Hell Yeah !! He can stay and retire as a Rockets

33 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

Ok, just a poll since there's a lot of talk about Artest and of course the last few years' first round losses etc so what is McGrady's future with the Rockets ?

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If there's another first-round loss, I expect T-Mac will be shopped heavily this summer whether it is deserved or not.

3. bronx43

bronx43 Member

If he plays the way he's playing now, he deserves it.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm all for getting ron,but wouldn't it make sense to have 2 playmakers in tracy and ron? I mean Artest,mcgrady,and yao makes more sense than artest,battier and yao doesn't it?

5. drich

drich Member

people other than you on this board just don't understand tmac for artest is not going to happen artest makes just 7 to 8 million this year and he can opt out so morey is not that dumb. you need them both to have a chance at a championship they were high on brooks before the draft put together a package around him and expiring conracts and you could probaly get him. you may have to wait till the last minute because sac town will see what they can get for him first but i think that is the only way to win is to have them both with yao and battier.

6. spysta

spysta Member

I would hope that if we traded tmac somehow he can come away with artest as well as KEVIN MARTIN, but i doubt that could ever happen.

7. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Tmac has been traded for half the league by you guys this season.

Like i said before, other teams in the west are getting better why we're bashing our stars everyday.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

why does this guy "jelle" keep making these posts about tmac? we know u want him gone. but u already made quite a few posts about it. we don't want the board all cluttered up w/ trade tmac, tmac sucks, tmac stinks, tmac is weak... just do it all in one post.

9. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Silly thread.

10. drich

drich Member

man you are right dude just saw that this dude isn't a rocket fan i promise you that

11. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Dude how many thread like this one are you going to start. Your question doesn't make sense anyways.

You ask: Does he have a future?

However, the answers reply to: Should he have a future?

The answer is he will not be traded.

12. seaweed

seaweed Member

Road trips are coming and we all know Yao wouldn't do much in those games due to the referee things. On the other hand, it has been proved that Tmac would be better and could carry the team on his shoulder in such circumstances. So, hell, we need Tmac!

13. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

If we trade Mcgrady this offseason it'll come back to bite us in the ass. Next year is a contract year for McGrady (he'll probably opt out).

I have no doubt that it'll be his best season since his last in Orlando. Money is the #1 incentive for most NBA players.

14. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

Post all you want, it's a simple question and maybe i should've used 'should have have....' who cares. All you guys do is try to come up with reasons to hate on other members on this forum, get a life. By the way i answered yes and i have to prove to nobody i'm a Rockets fan and if i wasn't why would i be on this forum. To spy ? :rolleyes:

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that's fine that you have that opinion. but we already have a GAZILLION posts that talk about this to death. and we already know your strong opinion about this.

do you want 10 posts on the first page talking about the SAME thing? this is rockets' talk. we want to talk about other people than tmac, since we already have a bunch of tmac threads.

how about having a talk about how yao will fare in this all-star weekend or what he's going to do?

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

See how is health does the rest of the year and how the team does in the playoffs.

His tenture with us should be based on that criteria pretty much.

Besides suffering a major injury, there is not much T-Mac can do that will increase or decrease his trade value from now till the end of the season.

17. mms

mms Member

wow, another Tmac bashing thread. It seems he has taken Rafer's place as the No.1 public enemy.

BTW, this thread is stupid.

18. pchan

pchan Member

I think tmac is done.
    We need to trade him ASAP while he still have values.

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i think t-mac will stay next year even if we have another first round exit. if we exit again next year THEN we need to dismantle the team. Adelman's the new coach and we should give him and t-mac at least two years together.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lame thread, but we don't know for sure Tracy will be a Rocket next season.