1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistaK

MistaK Member

Clearly he doesn't!

Some people just need to chill. We are 2 days into this whole FA process.

Who do you want us to sign right now that is available and what would be the point of that? If we had tons of cap space, sure be aggressive and try to get your hands on the best players available - guys like Wes or DeAndre, wouldn't do much for us though - so why even bother.

I'm sure Daryl has already spoken to all our FAs/RFAs and has a good idea of whether he will be able to keep them or not. I'm sure he has worked the phones to put together the frameworks for deals.

We are gunning for a big fish and have to await his decision. Once the LMA domino falls, there should be movement as regards the Rockets and the Rockets will deal accordingly.

2. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I agree. Just like the Ariza signing coming out of nowhere last off season. Once the 'big domino' falls, we will be ready to rock 'n' roll ... :)

3. rockets13champs

I find it hard for the rockets to defend a team like the mavs when they have aldridge and jordan and dirk off the bench. We had a tough time defending LMA and DJ in playoffs before i hope aldridge goes to suns or spurs. DJ alone with dirk im fine with him going to Dallas.

4. malakas

malakas Member

None of our agents have signed elsewhere so far and thats the important. I didnt hear anything about josh smith.

5. Spursfan66

Spursfan66 Member

Vivek comin for him:grin:

6. malakas

malakas Member

I am trully afraid he is. And now that rondo may end up in the lakers also bev.

I really feel sorry for kings fans. They did nothing to deserve being the joke of the leagu e after fighting so hard to keep their team.

7. Spursfan66

Spursfan66 Member

agreed on all counts

8. DuDDleyDawsonII

I like her,thats all.

9. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Am I the only one who thinks DJ won't be that great without CP3 or a top PG?

Him + Wes Matthews + even Aldridge if they somehow pulled that off doesn't scare me

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Youre not alone at all. Many of us want dj to go to dallas. He averaged more than half his points by Cp3 setting him up with lollipop lobs. Thats how his fg% was so damn high. Without CP3, hes pretty much Ben Wallace. Felton is no CP3, hes not even a Jeremy Lin.

11. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

DJ ,PLEASE GO TO DALLAS,THEY NEDD YOU.

12. gogispade

gogispade Member

Lol everybody making moves but us...

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

agreed mate. people are focusing way to much on unknowns

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No cap room for anything significant. Even re-signing our FA's is going to be hard. This is nothing new. We have to be realistic, and hopeful that Josh and Brewer will come back.

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

exactly the type of post that makes 0 sense. if we start re signing all our FA (and their all a RFA except Smith) then people will whine that we have given up on chasing LMA or trading for a PG.

posts like that are the worst thing to read on CF's, would rather read crap from that poster who posted 50 times a day before his ban

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Mavs are pretty desperate and taking a huge gamble if DJ doesn't sign. If DJ doesn't sign, it would be obvious to me they would need to look to rebuild.

But signing Matthews was clearly done to both save face and impress DJ. Cuban really does try way too hard to "Win July". Trying to win July can get you killed in the longrun.

Even if the Mavs do sign DJ, and Matthews I'm still not going to really fret about them being an overnight powerhouse. That's a whole ton of pressure on Chandler Parsons, and I'm assuming a newly resigned Barrea to make plays for everyone.

You will see pretty quick how the best thing that made DJ all that money was Chris Paul. Without him, he's going to look like a totally different player. And you have to think that if he's not getting lob dunk after lob dunk, does that impact how he plays at the other end?

We'll see.... they still have a long way to go in order to get up in the GS/Hou/Mem/SAS bracket for contention in the West.

17. dobro1229

I guarantee you NOBODY is making more moves than the Rockets, or has more moves lined up (well maybe Hinkie). If you don't know that the Rockets are waiting on LMA first to decide then you must be oblivious.

This happens every year with the Rockets, and every year once their guy makes their decision, they have about 6 moves that happen right away. I expect no different this year. Probably happens today as LMA probably makes a decision before the 4th so everyone can go on holiday.

1 person likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

dobro, i thought barea went to the heat…..did that change?

19. dobro1229

I don't think its official. Last report I see it was the Heat or Dallas. As both teams are still trying for LMA/DJ, I doubt either would make a vet signing just yet regardless.

20. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.