1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm not concerned about Howard leaving. I don't see him passing up big $$ twice, especially not when it will be his last time to get a max deal under a new CBA. I see his b*stard agent wanting to make as much as he can off his cut as well.

2. treeman

treeman Member

You know, if I heard something I think I'd just keep it to myself, because when it didn't pan out I'd look like a trolling fool... But that's just me.

3. traveler

traveler Member

So when is Dragic coming here? Can't wait to see him back in a Rockets uniform.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

No use?

His fouls are really going to hurt. Ray Lewis kind of hurt. Visible bruises kind of hurt...

I got nothing...but unbridled hope.

sigh

5. King901

King901 Member

6. traveler

traveler Member

7. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Why not Rockets offer him a decent Contract and let the Suns Match, but then take Dragic from them?

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Howard left Fegen at some point. They had issues when he was taking his direction on getting to Brooklyn before, and openly spoke up about the directions he was being led.

Now the Parsons situation. I think its getting completely obvious where Fegens loyalties lie.... to Fegen's wallet and his frat buddies. Its obviously not with Howard (his biggest client) and making sure he gets the tools around him he needs to win in Houston.

I do see Howard being tempted to go back to Orlando in 2 years though. They have a young rebuilding roster now, but in 2 years they could look to be up and comers, and it gives him a chance to right the wrong that happened a couple years ago.

I don't see Dwight ring chasing at this point. He knows his public opinion & legacy after he leaves the game will be mud if he goes to try and team up again somewhere else in two years. I would think he's a smarter guy than that. Houston or Orlando need to be his next two options in two years.

If Dwight walks, that's not all that bad. What kind of player is Dwight going to be in two years anyways, and he'll be making the max again for sure. The Rockets still have Harden and will at that point have completely flexibility to retool the roster around him from that point on.

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Would we rather have Eric Bledsoe or Goran Dragic?

10. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Because Bledsoe can refuse to sign a low offer.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'd be happy if it was Bledsoe.

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The only way I could see Dragic being dealt is if PHX really believes in Eric Bledsoe more-so than him. They probably can't afford both long term and be competitive when they need a big. I still have a very hard time seeing them trading him though after their big turnaround last season unless they are reeling in a pretty big fish in a 3 way trade (the Pelicans pick is not a big fish but could push them over the top for a bigger star).

If we did get him though, I think we're more dangerous than last season Dragic > Parsons offensively, and could definitely help against those offensive droughts we go through when Harden is off and the ball isn't moving.

13. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Dragic. He will be our 3rd star and future Hall of Fame.

14. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

IMO if the money was the same (which it won't be), I would take Bledsoe hands down. I think his potential is higher, and he'd fit better here as a facilitator and defender.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never post stuff like this, always opinions....or what I see as the truth about players...owners : ) , etc... I know I'm going out on a limb here....virgin territory for me.

The thing is... a friend told me there was going to be something about to be done regarding PG after the Bosh fiasco went down. ....that is was coming "VERY soon"..as in the next 24....was told that it was Gogi or Rondo. I posted something to that effect. Well, it's taken awhile, but IT is happening...told it was Gogi. I'm seeing a lot more Rondo rumors here, but I stand by my source. There IS a big move coming at PG.....and I'm hearing that it's the Return of the Dragon.

3 people like this.
  16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The humble dragon. Miss his interviews.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Can we kill you if you're wrong? (sorry if you feel like a proxy for others who have done the same, but...you are that proxy)

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How many of those can he be reasonably expected to find in the same year? We need 3 or 4 of these guys to fill out a rotation right now.

Need a big, a PG and a wing off the bench-- basically everything. Probably an improvement over Jones at starting PF, too, or at least a "spread 4" to space the floor.

19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

thank you for the info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.