1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Direction - Good Read

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gqgeo, Jul 13, 2014.

1. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

1 person likes this.
  2. seeingred

seeingred Member

good find. it sums up what a lot of folks were trying to say these past few days. come down off the ledge, kids. the free agency lotto didn't bounce are way but we still have two elite players and some good talent around them.

and next year we'll get a coach worth a damn.

3. opticon

opticon Member

Nice piece.

4. dream2franchise

Let's hope Ariza brings his contract game.

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Pretty spot on. I'd honestly rather have Ariza on this team instead of Parsons for defensive reasons. The parts that sting they much are that we could have kept him and traded him for something of value and he wouldn't have ended up with Cuban.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Everyone should read it.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't like the part comparing Ariza's defense to Parsons. Yes Ariza is better. No bringing in Ariza doesn't automatically make us significantly better on defense.

Instead of dissecting this in-depth when I have to wake up in a few hours I'll simplify it. Parsons will improve significantly on defense under Rick Carlisle. Ariza will regress slightly under McHale. Simple as that.

Parsons is better at D than what he's given us.

8. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

I am good with losing Parson's at that price but seriously w/ the exception of Howard (who came thanks in large part to the possibilities of playing w/ Harden and Parsons) what big FAs have come to Houston in recen memory (last 6-7 years) ? I am concerened about this swing for the fences mentality that Morey always seems to be operating under recetly. Harden was procured thanks in large part to the the hoarding of assets, he didn't willingly come, and this particular FA market really seemed to leave a lot of egg on DM's face. Bosh said no (30 mil had a lot to do with that of course), Lowry walked away from a situation where he would have been in a great position to make this team a contender, Melo never had any intention of coming here, LBJ gave Riley an hour, I bet the Ro got 5 mins of his time, Pau had no interest in even listening to an offer, Love sounds like he woould not sign an extension if traded for when that talk was being reported 2 months ago...

So what makes anyone believe that the upper ecehlon FSs in 15/16 (Love, Durant, LBJ in specific) will have any interest in coming here ?

9. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Wow sorry for all the typos should have proofed that post more thoroughly

10. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Add Dragic and start planning the parade.

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Since you brought it up, might want to spend a little effort on grammar too. :)