1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets not expect to seek major free agent moves; short term contracts only

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Sign Blair and stevenson, thank you.

2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Guess I can save some cap space and put that nba tv package off a year

2 people like this.
  3. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

Everyone says morey has plan. So far he stated that getting two superstars would bring other free agents. So far nothing has materialized and he has instilled confidence in his two superstars saying they aren't championship caliber players. Listen I hate Mark Cuban, but you would never hear him say "we aren't competing for a championship this year". Hell you won't hear Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, or any other top executive out there. Morey are you listening to yourself. You have two of the top ten players in the league and you are t going to build a roster to contend to save future cap flexibility?!?!?! Complete effing bull$hit. Seriously worst offseason in rocket history. Hyperbole or not, worst offseason ever

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Lol...thanks for making me laugh. This off season totally sucks.

5. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Morey's mistake was in declining Parsons fourth year and not in not matching.
    Guys, the Rockets can still add expiring contracts that may help them get over the heap. Millsap, Rondo, KG, AK, Scola, West, Thaddeus Young, Amir Johnson are all serviceable veterans.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol..

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don't care about Dwight being a baby. I care that we gave away our best asset for nothing. Apparently gave away our 1st rounder next year unnecessarily. Signed a retread to a 4-yr deal that we were too cheap to give Dragic, whose better. And now we're worse than we were the year before?

I'm stunned.

Might as well trade Dwight and start over while we're at it.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think we are positioning ourselves for Durant. Idk how much I like that move considering I think we have a good enough core of two players and I'd rather focus on filling out the roster with good complimentary pieces.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Fans may want to be more flexible with their season ticket money and preserve it for 2015.

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I like Morey, I just wish he could relax every once in awhile! It's not all about building for the future, the present is actually pretty important when you have 2 superstars that are sure to chase a ring if they song feel like they can get one in Houston.

We shouldn't have made him a RFA, we could have delayed this decision another year while also improving as a team.

1 person likes this.
  12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

That better not be the plan. Star chasing was fine when we had nothing but we have two stars now. Build around them and stop swinging for the fences.

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Trade the Pelicans pick for Goran Dragic please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

We can position for KD all we want but he seems happy in OKC and has a decent roster of players there. OKC is better than the Rockets right now.

15. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

he landed Harden and Howard in back to back years... what the hell do you want from the man?

1 person likes this.
  16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I mean.. There are no "big" name free agents out there right now. We go into next season with a similar team we had this previous season. Add Arizas defense, and subtract Parsons intangibles.

17. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Dwight and Harden both openly said keep everyone as we didn't need any major moves. But the FO disagrees and did they get burned. I don't think our franchise players are very happy with the results.

Dwight even went to twitter to say we are keeping parsons... lol dumbass moves.

18. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

On a side note, smart move to sign smaller contracts and fill holes.

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

I honestly don't know what the big fuss is about.

- Morey gambled on Bosh, and no one expected that Bosh would get the MAX contract that he couldn't refuse.

- Morey declined to match the offer that would make Parsons the 2nd highest paid player on the team, more than HARDEN. By not keeping him, is he better than Harden? No.

- Carmelo wasn't going to leave New York when he was getting extra money, and LeBron broke up Miami's championship team to head back home when it's understandable.

The season hasn't even started, and some of you guys want to quit on the team already. Geez.

20. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wizards have engaged Rockets and Pelicans in three-team deal to facilitate Trevor Ariza going to the Rockets and Omer Asik going to NO.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/statuses/488454668226285569">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>