ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Asik: "This way, going slow, helps me a lot, I will come back stronger"
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, jonathan feigen, nba, omer asik, twitter Tags
DreamShook is offline Old 01-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #81
DreamShook
DreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128
I think Asik is really hurt, no ploy

He may not want to play for houston, but i believe he wants to play period and will play for the Rockets again

Sponsored Link
daywalker02 is offline Old 01-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #82
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamShook View Post

He may not want to play for houston, but i believe he wants to play period and will play for the Rockets again
Why not taking it slow for 4 months? That helps him a lot, he will come back stronger!

duluth111222 is offline Old 01-07-2014, 08:52 AM   #83
duluth111222
duluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodduluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16689
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamShook View Post

I also think the injury is real. He's just taking it slow because he wants to make a fully healthy comeback after he's traded...

ItalianRocket is offline Old 01-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #84
ItalianRocket
ItalianRocket is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2013
Member: #56268
Could anyone post the full article?

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/.../post?id=20474

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 01-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #85
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
Quote:
Houston Rockets center Omer Asik has been dealing with swelling to his right knee for about a month. He spoke to the local media on Monday and said a return to the active roster is getting closer if he doesn't suffer any setbacks. At this time there is no timeline for his next game.

ďIím just going day by day,Ē Asik told the Houston Chronicle. ďWhen you donít know how long itís going to be, itís hard. Thatís the hard part. We didnít know, because the MRIs and other things didnít show anything serious. We didnít know it was going to take this long."

Asik would not discuss his displeasure with the demotion to a backup role behind Dwight Howard, however his desire to be dealt by the Feb. 20 deadline is still the preferred outcome. The Rockets will probably start talking to teams again once Asik gets back into the lineup.
here.

duluth111222 is offline Old 01-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #86
duluth111222
duluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodduluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16689
People need to understand faking injuries gets you bad reputation, and it won't bode well for your future teams/contracts. I doubt Asik is that dumb, not with his new agent (forgot him name and he's supposed to be a powerful agent and has a lot of influence around the league).

Hakeemtheking is offline Old 01-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #87
Hakeemtheking
Hakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38940
I am calling my employer today and letting them know I am not coming in until my ailments are resolved, but I will be a much better employee for it. Also, I will ask them to keep sending those biweekly checks in my rehab period. I am sure they will supportive of my plight.

ItalianRocket is offline Old 01-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #88
ItalianRocket
ItalianRocket is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2013
Member: #56268
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEKO_HTOWN View Post
here.
Thanks,disssapointed though.

Rip Van Rocket is offline Old 01-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #89
Rip Van Rocket
Contributing Member
Rip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2002
Member: #4070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakeemtheking View Post
I am calling my employer today and letting them know I am not coming in until my ailments are resolved, but I will be a much better employee for it. Also, I will ask them to keep sending those biweekly checks in my rehab period. I am sure they will supportive of my plight.
That's exactly what you should do. If you are injured from something work related, you should be able to recover and continue to get a paycheck until you can return to work. Hope you are feeling better soon.

RocketRaccoon is offline Old 01-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #90
RocketRaccoon
Contributing Member
RocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRocketRaccoon is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3049
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluth111222 View Post
People need to understand faking injuries gets you bad reputation, and it won't bode well for your future teams/contracts. I doubt Asik is that dumb, not with his new agent (forgot him name and he's supposed to be a powerful agent and has a lot of influence around the league).
I don't think anyone really believes he's faking the injury, but we CAN be SO damn tired of injury after injury after injury that taking our disappointment out on something, someone...ANYTHING is natural.

I, for one, am damn tired of rooting for injured players and weak teams.

(god I miss Hakeem)

Jontro is offline Old 01-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #91
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
Asik was going to come back sooner and stronger but he took an arrow to the knee.

Deniz is offline Old 01-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #92
Deniz
Deniz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2013
Member: #56494
Asik said that he'll be back and stronger and you start to insult him.

I hope he will make the trip to Atlanta.

flyguy2000 is offline Old 01-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #93
flyguy2000
flyguy2000 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26978
Yup sure does remind me of someone else. #bewellOmer

KlutchQT is online now Old 01-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #94
KlutchQT
I am a Girl
KlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2013
Member: #55599
Has this quote from Wexler's article already been posted?

Quote:
“We played good last year, before Dwight (Howard) came and I was the starting center and we know how to play together,” Asik said.
http://www.csnhouston.com/basketball...bcs&ocid=yahoo

"Players want to be comfortable, they want to be lackadaisical, they want to make the right passes and take the right shots. No. When you play me, I'm going to get right up in your grill and let you know it's going to be a long day... it's going to be hell." -- Bev

IzakDavid13 is offline Old 01-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #95
IzakDavid13
Contributing Member
IzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniz View Post

So do I...& that he stays there.

'Man, this is a great spot for me. A great town, great organization.' They're going this way (points up)." - Dwight Howard

Deniz is offline Old 01-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #96
Deniz
Deniz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2013
Member: #56494
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlutchQT View Post

the question was...''your teammates told you that they need you. what does it mean to you. how much can you help this team.....''

and he said that they played well last year, too and know how to play together etc.
I think he just want to say that he knows that he is important for the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzakDavid13 View Post
So do I...& that he stays there.

Spacemoth is online now Old 01-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #97
Spacemoth
Contributing Member
Spacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24898
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlutchQT View Post

Dude can't even speak English. There's no way he's capable of insinuation.

YallMean is offline Old 01-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #98
YallMean
YallMean is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineYallMean is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineYallMean is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Mar 2003
Member: #11445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniz View Post

You deserve the , not us.
The stuff he's said and done do not just go away. He needs to at least reassert himself in games to show us he is a professional as he should be.