ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: The red-hot start for the Houston Rockets

Go Back   ClutchFans > Sports > Football: NFL, College, High School

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2014 BCS National Championship game?
Florida St. 41 65.08%
Auburn 22 34.92%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

2014 BCS National Championship Game: (1) Florida St. vs. (2) Auburn
Tags:  2014, auburn, bcs, bcs championship, championship, florida, football Tags
Ziggy is offline Old 12-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #21
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman95 View Post
Um, Clemson?
True, but I'm not sure Clemson is that great. Auburn beat 3 top 10 teams. FSU played like... Duke.

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

Sponsored Link
M.G. is offline Old 12-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #22
M.G.
Contributing Member
M.G. is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodM.G. is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2013
Member: #55187
I can't believe I'm rooting for an SEC team... but I feel compelled to root for Auburn after their win vs. Bama.

Castor27 is offline Old 12-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
Castor27
Castor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
True, but I'm not sure Clemson is that great. Auburn beat 3 top 10 teams. FSU played like... Duke.
And FSU beat 2 by an average of 32 points. Of the top 10 teams Auburn played, Alabama was legit (though it took a fluke play to win). The other two I'd classify more like Clemson, not ultra impressive.

Ziggy is offline Old 12-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor27 View Post
And FSU beat 2 by an average of 32 points. Of the top 10 teams Auburn played, Alabama was legit (though it took a fluke play to win). The other two I'd classify more like Clemson, not ultra impressive.
Auburn was in several close games = tested. FSU = untested. Heat comes around the corner, Auburn is experienced... FSU = untested. Sorry bros, I don't create the tests. Bama was a favorite over Auburn, Auburn surprised people. They keep on surprising people. They have the mojo.

Rocketman95 is offline Old 12-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #25
Rocketman95
Hangout Boy
Rocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #19
Quote:
Auburn was in several close games = tested. FSU = untested. Heat comes around the corner, Auburn is experienced... FSU = untested. Sorry bros, I don't create the tests. Bama was a favorite over Auburn, Auburn surprised people. They keep on surprising people. They have the mojo.
You continue to surprise me with your absurd football takes, which is saying a lot.

ima_drummer2k is offline Old 12-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #26
ima_drummer2k
Contributing Member
ima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7523
Quote:
FSU = untested.
FSU is untested because they're so much better than everyone else they play...

Last edited by your mom : Today at 12:33 AM.

Castor27 is offline Old 12-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
Castor27
Castor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2134
Quote:
Yes they were certainly tested by Miss St and Washington St., as well as LSU. They were also tested by Alabama, who they beat on a fluke play, and Georgia who they beat on and even flukier(is that even a word) play. They were even tested by A&M who defensively didn't test much of anyone this year.

You are right FSU wasn't tested by anyone, including Clemson who is better than 4 or 5 of the teams listed above and beat one of them. I won't be surprised if they aren't tested on Jan. 6th either.

Ziggy is offline Old 12-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #28
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Quote:
Yes they were certainly tested by Miss St and Washington St., as well as LSU. They were also tested by Alabama, who they beat on a fluke play, and Georgia who they beat on and even flukier(is that even a word) play. They were even tested by A&M who defensively didn't test much of anyone this year.

You are right FSU wasn't tested by anyone, including Clemson who is better than 4 or 5 of the teams listed above and beat one of them. I won't be surprised if they aren't tested on Jan. 6th either.
Yeah, I don't think they'll win, but if it's close, a test... I'll take Auburn.

J Sizzle is offline Old 12-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #29
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50387
Quote:

Auburn from the first month of the season is a VASTLY different team than Auburn from the last month of the season. Surely that's obvious.

I'll give you the Georgia play being a fluke, but what was "fluky" about the Alabama play? They were more prepared than Alabama was on that play and they capitalized on it. It's not like they were tied for 59 minutes and 59 seconds off of a fluke...

J Sizzle is offline Old 12-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #30
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sizzle View Post
Auburn from the first month of the season is a VASTLY different team than Auburn from the last month of the season. Surely that's obvious.

I'll give you the Georgia play being a fluke, but what was "fluky" about the Alabama play? They were more prepared than Alabama was on that play and they capitalized on it. It's not like they were tied for 59 minutes and 59 seconds off of a fluke...
Or let me rephrase...

It was a fluke play, but not strictly because of luck. It was a play you hardly ever see, but Auburn was prepared for the situation while Alabama wasn't.

King of 40 Acres is offline Old 01-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #31
King of 40 Acres
Contributing Member
King of 40 Acres is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKing of 40 Acres is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKing of 40 Acres is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2004
Member: #15960
I think Florida State wins by at least a TD. Something like 34-27 sounds about right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegary
Ko40A is KING OF THE WORLD

Bear_Bryant is offline Old 01-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #32
Bear_Bryant
Bear_Bryant is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBear_Bryant is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43732
Quote:
Or let me rephrase...

It was a fluke play, but not strictly because of luck. It was a play you hardly ever see, but Auburn was prepared for the situation while Alabama wasn't.
Fluke: noun 1. an unlikely chance occurrence, esp. a surprising piece of luck.

I believe that a 109 kick off return off a miss field goal as time expired to win a game has an unlikely chance of occurring.

bobloblaw is offline Old 01-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #33
bobloblaw
Contributing Member
bobloblaw is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbobloblaw is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbobloblaw is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2013
Member: #54947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Bryant View Post
Fluke: noun 1. an unlikely chance occurrence, esp. a surprising piece of luck.

I believe that a 109 kick off return off a miss field goal as time expired to win a game has an unlikely chance of occurring.

A fluke is when something happens that you did not intend. I don't think fluke is the right term in that Auburn intended and was prepared to return the field goal if it was missed (which was likely to occur from that distance). Although it was an unlikely occurence, fluke is generally used from results that occur based solely on luck (that are unintended). I.e., that was a flukey pool shot. Fluke is when a team gets something they don't deserve. Alabama should have given a bit more effort in covering.

rocketsfeeva is offline Old 01-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #34
rocketsfeeva
rocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50202
hoping for a good one, the national games these past few years have been underwhelming to say the least

J Sizzle is offline Old 01-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #35
J Sizzle
Let's go! WDE

Bear_Bryant is offline Old 01-06-2014, 08:11 PM   #36
Bear_Bryant
Bear_Bryant is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBear_Bryant is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Quote:
Let's go! WDE
Roll Nole Roll

Harrisment is online now Old 01-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #37
Harrisment
Contributing Member
Harrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2679
Want FSU to win, but bet on Auburn. This way I'm happy either way.

2013 Clutchfans NFL Survivor Champion

Bear_Bryant is offline Old 01-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #38
Bear_Bryant
How many trick plays will Auburn run? Gus will have something up his sleeve.

Also, why do people cheer when they win the toss? That pisses me off haha

rocketsfeeva is offline Old 01-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #39
rocketsfeeva
rocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50202
Auburn can't let them convert that 3rd and 16, but good defensive stand holding FSU to a FG.

Juxtaposed Jolt is offline Old 01-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #40
Juxtaposed Jolt
Juxtaposed Jolt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJuxtaposed Jolt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJuxtaposed Jolt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJuxtaposed Jolt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJuxtaposed Jolt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2010
Member: #46001
Jeez, this FSU defense is intimidating.

I guess it's usually the HC/OC on the sidelines telling the QB what to expect from the defense, but I wish college QBs could read defenses better.