Quote:
Originally Posted by kuku View Post
I am not Bima by any stretch, but let see if my calculation is correct:

LaMarcus Aldridge $14.128M (2013-14)

Omer Asik $8.375M
Terrence Jones $1.552M
----------------------------
Total: $9.927M

x 150% + $0.1M = $15.19 (which is more than $14.128M coming in)

On paper, it works. On ESPN trade machine, it also works.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jvhd9wb

Edit: My post in which you quoted, I did mention "filler."
Replacing Asik with Lin works the same.

Sponsored Link
Jeffey is offline Old 11-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #202
Jeffey
Jeffey is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2013
Member: #56864
Portland would never do LMA for Asik straight up. I don't think they would want a 8M or is it 15M? backup pg either in Lin.

They would probably consider Asik + Parsons but can we afford to lose Parsons?

basketballholic is offline Old 11-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #203
basketballholic
Contributing Member
basketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54577
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang21 View Post
The rockets lacked that last night while clippers were scoring from every spot on the floor . Houston desperately needs a midrange shooter

OH, I definitely agree. We're just not inefficient enough.

Trade targets: Ricky Rubio, Rajon Rondo, Goran Dragic, Ersan Ilyasova, Cody Zeller, Enes Kanter, Derrick Williams, Darrell Arthur, Chuck Hayes, Jonas Jerebko, Gerald Green, Andrei Kirilenko, Channing Frye, Paul Millsap, Brandon Bass, Reggie Jackson, Brandon Knight

LikeMike is offline Old 11-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #204
LikeMike
Contributing Member
LikeMike is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLikeMike is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLikeMike is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Mar 2007
Member: #22804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffey View Post
Portland would never do LMA for Asik straight up. I don't think they would want a 8M or is it 15M? backup pg either in Lin.

They would probably consider Asik + Parsons but can we afford to lose Parsons?
I am not even sure they would accept that. They have Batum who plays pretty similar. And they don`t necessarily need Asik, who is only slightly younger than Aldridge (28 to 27). I don`t think we can trade anything that Portland really wants, so if we were to trade, we would probably have to find a third party.

The problem is, that our young PFs probably have very low value, since they can`t get off the bench and we play other players out of position at the 4 spot. So we have 3 tradeable players with some value: Parsons (most value), Asik (high value), Lin (medium to high value). And we have all our draft picks. I think any trade for a star has to include Parsons - can we afford to lose him? Maybe he is the clue guy that holds this team together, and he is a great talent, but he is no star and he probably never will be. So I guess we can afford to lose him for a star. I think we would feel more comfortable with trading Lin since we have Beverly - but Lin should be harder to trade since there are lots of decent PGs in the league. So I guess we probably have to include Asik. So Asik, Parsons, picks and filler could net us a star, but I wouldn`t call it likely.

I guess it wouldn`t hurt to call Miami for Bosh - yeah it is not very realistic that they break up their big three while they are winning, but FA is looming for them, they are in cap hell and Asik and Parsons would be perfect players for them (Chalmers, Wade, Parsons, LeBron, Asik - that`s nasty, because 3 players play great without the ball).

If we can get Aldridge, Love, Bosh or even Horford I think we have to try, even if it means losing Parsons...

TheDr34m is offline Old 11-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #205
TheDr34m
Contributing Member
TheDr34m is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2013
Member: #55781
nice to get legit source to post something up. Thanks CyberX

jacoby is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #206
jacoby
jacoby is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjacoby is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjacoby is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjacoby is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baruch View Post
Morey won't let Asik go. I think it'd be Lin if there's any trade.
Asik would let Asik go, and probably will at the deadline.

And Lin for Aldridge? lol

jacoby is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #207
jacoby
jacoby is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjacoby is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjacoby is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjacoby is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49305
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoby View Post
Asik would let Asik go, and probably will at the deadline.

And Lin for Aldridge? lol
Morey would let Asik go*

meh is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #208
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
I don't think our pieces get it done. It will have to involve the Blazers tanking because they suck, and then we have to find the best young prospect/pick possible for Asik to divert to Portland. Portland isn't going to want Asik if they're tanking, so it's basically what we can get for Asik that's the key. And I don't think we're going to get much more than what Gortat fetched. Perhaps 2 lotto-protected 1st rounders instead of one.

DM'sVP is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #209
DM'sVP
DM'sVP is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2013
Member: #55584
Bucks get Lin and some picks
Portland get Asik Tjones Ilyasova and some picks
Houston gets LMA

Boom simple
Do it

Aleron is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #210
Aleron
Contributing Member
Aleron is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAleron is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAleron is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAleron is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAleron is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAleron is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46532
i think atlanta are more willing to blow their team up than portland are at this point in time

DM'sVP is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #211
DM'sVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
i think atlanta are more willing to blow their team up than portland are at this point in time
I wouldn't mind Harford in a rockets jersey.

basketballholic is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #212
basketballholic
Contributing Member
basketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54577
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM'sVP View Post
Houston gets LMA

Boom simple
Do it

Dude.....

If we could get Ilyasova for Lin we'd just do that deal and hold Asik and the rest of our cards to send to Minny for Love along with Ilyasova. In the meantime we would enjoy Dwight/Asik/Ilyasova for 90 minutes a night at the 4/5 spots.

Trade targets: Ricky Rubio, Rajon Rondo, Goran Dragic, Ersan Ilyasova, Cody Zeller, Enes Kanter, Derrick Williams, Darrell Arthur, Chuck Hayes, Jonas Jerebko, Gerald Green, Andrei Kirilenko, Channing Frye, Paul Millsap, Brandon Bass, Reggie Jackson, Brandon Knight

markusbrutus is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #213
markusbrutus
markusbrutus is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2013
Member: #56108
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM'sVP View Post
Houston gets LMA

Boom simple
Do it
Who gets to play Pg for houston then?

Bev, brooks, and canaan?

Lol

MaxRider is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #214
MaxRider
MaxRider is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18240
problem is Portland is not interesting in Asik and Lin

DM'sVP is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #215
DM'sVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballholic View Post
Dude.....

If we could get Ilyasova for Lin we'd just do that deal and hold Asik and the rest of our cards to send to Minny for Love along with Ilyasova. In the meantime we would enjoy Dwight/Asik/Ilyasova for 90 minutes a night at the 4/5 spots.
I don't get to see any bucks games so Idk if he would be better than say a Ryan Anderson. Btw I hate the Asik for Anderson straight up idea.

DM'sVP is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #216
DM'sVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusbrutus View Post
Who gets to play Pg for houston then?

Bev, brooks, and canaan?

Lol
We could probably get a decent vet on an expiring deal for a second rounder.

HTown_DieHard is offline Old 11-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #217
HTown_DieHard
HTown_DieHard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHTown_DieHard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Sep 2013
Member: #56480
i love how this is titled..

like a LMA deal is already on the table and murray is contemplating it.

lmaoooo :D

SunsRocketsfan is offline Old 11-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #218
SunsRocketsfan
SunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5387
Take your pick below

Lin/Brooks
Harden/Garcia
Parsons/Garcia/Casspi
Aldridge/Smith
Howard

Looks good to me

verysimplejason is offline Old 11-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #219
verysimplejason
verysimplejason is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2013
Member: #54937
Chris Bosh should be considered if LMA isn't available. Chris Bosh talent isn't redundant with Howard and can shoot 3s and mid-jumpers. The fact that he can also play center for short spans is also a plus.

verysimplejason is offline Old 11-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #220
verysimplejason
verysimplejason is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2013
Member: #54937
Here's a trade involving Asik + Lin + Dmo and Chris Bosh + Norris Cole

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lc3tyx2