1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Howard no lock for Lakers; interested in Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 19, 2013.

1. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I'm actually more worried about CP3 leaving town because I have Clippers season tickets and they will be worth less if he leaves. If D12 leaves the Lakers, I might have a sniff of a chance to get in on season tickets in the lower sections. Gotta take advantage of the dips if they ever happen with the Lakers.

2. rocketblood713

lol no its slang

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The more I've read, the more I realise it's not Dwight that they want, it's what would happen to their franchise if he left.

If he leaves they become the knicks, old, overpaid, mediocre, no plan, poorly managed, and not overly desirable despite all the advantages in the world.

But at least if Dwight signs, they'd still have a roster that's old, overpaid, mediocre, no plan and poorly managed, but they'd still be desirable because of having all the advantages in the world. He's never going to win in LA, and just about everyone knows it.

They don't want Dwight because of what he represents for their team, they want Dwight because of what his leaving would represent for their team.

4. Aleron

Perhaps thy shalt speaketh 16th century High English.

5. slestack11

slestack11 Member

What if the Lakers sign Lebron for the 2014/2015 season? Assuming that Howard and Nash are the only ones on the roster at that point...maybe Kobe signs for a lot less money being that he's been paid plenty by the Lakers. The word "never" is a bit drastic. Next season for the Lakers will be the redeem team. The 2014/2015 season will be the "calling all mercenaries" team.

6. slestack11

slestack11 Member

The ultimate play on the Lakers will be if Dwight Howard signs with the Rockets next year. Lakers season ticket holders throw their hands in the air and dump their tickets out of disgust. I swoop in and get in on lower level seats and see the Lakers sign Lebron and a bunch of other mercenaries for the 2014 season. Opportunity is always around the corner. So yes...Dwight Howard is a good fit on the Rockets. C'mon Morey...this will be the move that gets you fired in 3 years.

The problem is, with a lot of the people with lower level Lakers season tickets, they just continue to pay the bill like it's an electric bill and probably wouldn't even bother cancelling because it's too much trouble to pick up the phone and call their reps.

7. Nook

Nook Member

What if LeBron signs? Are you completely divorced from reality? You have a better shot at Magic Johnson's son deciding he likes the ladies.

1 person likes this.
  8. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Where is your hard evidence that Lebron will not want a piece of Hollywood after he's already won a few rings? It's as arbitrary as saying you like eating caramels in the summertime.

9. Aleron

The fact that you need to sell highly unlikely what if scenario involving the best player since MJ to put together any chance of success is quite telling.

des·per·a·tion [des-puh-rey-shuhn] Show IPA
    noun
    1. the state of being desperate or of having the recklessness of despair.
    2. the act or fact of despairing; despair.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I love Lakers fans...They funny!

11. slestack11

slestack11 Member

You don't think Lebron paired with Dwight Howard and a bunch of empty roster spots to handpick a championship team is a contender, but Dwight Howard and James Harden is a contender?

I'm simply responding to the comment that Dwight Howard would never win a championship. I'm just saying that he could win a championship if paired with Lebron and a bunch of mercenaries.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Lebron would go to the bulls before he would the Lakers

13. Aleron

Lebron and *insert player here* would be a championship contender with a lot of people, but the Lakers would be a terrible detriment for his career, he went to Miami and copped all the flack to win, he's winning now.

To go the Lakers after redeeming his issues with Miami would be a "fool me once, fool me twice scenario", he'd lose tons of money, because his endorsements aren't local, they're global.

If his goal is to make more money, then he'd go back to Cleveland with all their kids, it would be the greatest redemption story in sports history.

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

LOL@Lakers fans thinking they can actually get LeBron

15. Nook

Nook Member

Where is your hard evidence that LeBron would have any interest in joint the Lakers? You made the claim, not I.

16. rocketblood713

LOL they don't speak like that in my hood though

17. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I disagree. Now that Lebron has money and championships, he can take his brand out to LA and start producing music and film. I personally think he cop'd out on a big time market by not signing with the Knicks. The pressure would have gotten to him at MSG with all the critical press so who knows if he woulda won a ring on the Knicks. But now that he's got the albatross off his back, he can finally take on a major market. You say endorsements aren't local, they're global...that is exactly the point. LA is global and Cleveland is local. C'mon, Cleveland is not an international destination for anyone. Nobody in Europe or Asia will give a damn about a redemption story for a black kid that grew up in Ohio. They only care about a pimp baller who is rolling with the big time.

18. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Exactly, I'm just responding to the comment that Dwight would "never" win a title on the Lakers. I'm saying that he can if they sign Lebron in 2014. That answers the question about "never". You now need to provide hard evidence that Lebron would "never" sign with the Lakers in 2014.

19. Jharden13

Jharden13 Member

sucks it is still over a month till Dwight is a free agent.

20. rocketblood713

by the time its july 1st he could of changed his mind a 1000 times and could have a whole different list of teams going after him lol