Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

View Poll Results: yay or nay?
Would Hit. 136 84.47%
If I'm Drunk. 16 9.94%
Hell No. 9 5.59%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Hannah Storm Appreciation Thread..
Tags:  2011, 2012, blog, espn, football, google, hannah storm, houston, houston texans, texans Tags
Kam is offline Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #41
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
American Gladiators.

yeah, I didn't think she was hot 10 years ago, but she looks stunning. What brand of TV does she endorse? I want to buy the box. Just the box.

^^

Sponsored Link
Pipe is online now Old 08-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #42
Pipe
Contributing Member
Pipe is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodPipe is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr of Dunk View Post
Anybody remember when Hannah started on the Rockets broadcasts and hosted the halftime show? Man, those shows were trainwrecks sometimes, but it's cool to see how big a name she's gotten to be since her time in Houston way back in the 80's and 90's.

But I cannot believe every evidence of her 80's/early-90's afro has been erased off the Internet. At least I can't find any from a brief search.
Yeah those early shows were painful to watch. We would turn down the sound and listen to Gene Peterson and Jim Foley since we were used to listening to them anyway. I just remember how sweet it was to get to see the games on cable.

Hannah has come a long way. Good for her and she looks pretty good to me.

Nice Rollin is offline Old 08-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #43
Nice Rollin
Contributing Member
Nice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #17539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
She's actually gotten hotter with age.
plastic surgery is an amazing thing

Aceshigh7 is offline Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #44
Aceshigh7
Contributing Member
Aceshigh7 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12660
I've always wondered what her ethnicity was. I think she might be bi-racial. Sometimes I look at her and she looks caucasian. Other times she looks like she definitely has some african-american features.

Regardless, she has definitely aged very well.

Dr of Dunk is offline Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #45
Dr of Dunk
Clutch Crew
Dr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh7 View Post
I've always wondered what her ethnicity was. I think she might be bi-racial. Sometimes I look at her and she looks caucasian. Other times she looks like she definitely has some african-american features.

Mom & dad :

Ronnie Brewer is my favorite Rocket of all time!

tinman is offline Old 01-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #46
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-tu...220202093.html

ESPNs Hannah Storm will return to TV just weeks after gas grill accident
By Jay Busbee | The Turnstile 10 hours ago

Just three weeks after a gas grill accident that burned off much of her hair and left her with second-degree burns, ESPN anchor Hannah Storm will return to the air on New Year's Day to host the 2013 Rose Parade.
Storm was preparing dinner at her home in Connecticut on Dec. 11 when she noticed the flame on her grill had gone out. When she turned off and reignited the gas, flame roared right into her face.
"It was like you see in a movie, it happened in a split-second," Storm told the AP. "A neighbor said he thought a tree had fallen through the roof, it was that loud. It blew the doors off the grill."
As the AP relates, Storm tore off her burning shirt and tried to extinguish the flames on her head and chest. Emergency response teams treated her at the house and transported her to the Trauma and Burn Center at Westchester Medical Center. In the accident, she lost her eyebrows, eyelashes, and about half her hair, and suffered second-degree burns on her chest and hands, and first-degree burns on her face and neck.

"I didn't see my face until the next day and you wonder how it's going to look," she said. "I was pretty shocked. But my overarching thought was I've covered events with military members who have been through a lot worse than me, and they've come through. I kept thinking, 'I can do this. I'm fortunate.'"
Storm has hosted four previous Rose Parades, and looks forward to her fifth, though there will be some changes: she can't use her left hand to take notes, and needs assistance preparing herself for the camera. Down the line, she will return to her SportsCenter duties later this week, and plans to go to Miami to watch her Notre Dame Fighting Irish play Alabama in the National Championship game next Monday.

DreamShook is online now Old 01-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #47
DreamShook
DreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128
no idea that happened to her. were there even any on-air well wishes form ESPN? It's been a long time since I've watched a parade; now all of sudden I'm intrigued.

Svpernaut is offline Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #48
Svpernaut
Contributing Member
Svpernaut is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSvpernaut is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSvpernaut is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSvpernaut is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSvpernaut is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSvpernaut is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2003
Member: #10272
I love Hannah Storm. I follow her on Twitter, she's always talking Houston/Texans/etc. Glad she's okay from the grill incident. Scary stuff.

DreamShook is online now Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #49
DreamShook
DreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Member: #32128
wait, she still looks great... well I don't have to watch this anymore.

So Good is offline Old 01-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #50
So Good
So Good is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52901

Caltex2 is offline Old 01-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #51
Caltex2
Caltex2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCaltex2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #32239
[Resisting to make inappropriate "This Girl is on Fire" joke no matter how bad I want to make it]

Dr of Dunk is offline Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #52
Dr of Dunk
Clutch Crew
Dr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #676
I didn't know this had happened. Lots of memories of Hannah's 80's fro on the Rockets halftime show. It's awesome that she's safe and back working already. She's awesome.

Ronnie Brewer is my favorite Rocket of all time!

Lil Pun is offline Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #53
Lil Pun
Contributing Member
Lil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr of Dunk View Post
I didn't know this had happened. Lots of memories of Hannah's 80's fro on the Rockets halftime show. It's awesome that she's safe and back working already. She's awesome.
This.

couple of d's is offline Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #54
couple of d's
couple of d's is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodcouple of d's is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14796
Im 31 and would not kick her out of bed

FranchiseBlade is offline Old 01-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #55
FranchiseBlade
Contributing Member
FranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3415
I always loved Hannah Storm. I used to have fantasies where she'd be my wife, and do basketball commentary lying nude in my bed while I dominated on the nerf basketball hoop in our bedroom.

Sadly, she's had too much plastic surgery and has lost her looks. I'm glad she still has an interest in Houston, and I have a little loyalty to her because I want her to do well.

Sadly, her announcing style has gone down hill as well. When she does tennis matches she has the annoying habit of looking at the camera all the time instead of the people she's talking to. She turns her head back and forth at times that make no sense. There is no reason for her to turn and look directly at the camera while she's talking to someone else, and about something else.

I'm sorry she got burned. I still like her, but just because of what she once was, not the announcer with the plastic face that she is now

Give us iron give us rope

rolyat93 is offline Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #56
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
She still looks good.

likestohypeguy is offline Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #57
likestohypeguy
likestohypeguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finelikestohypeguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finelikestohypeguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
American Gladiators.

yeah, I didn't think she was hot 10 years ago, but she looks stunning. What brand of TV does she endorse? I want to buy the box. Just the box.
Vizio at one point was putting disproportionately HUGE photos of her head on the box. They might be on to something too, because I did feel myself kind of gravitating toward the box. And i wasn't even really shopping for a tv either.

VanityHalfBlack is offline Old 01-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #58
VanityHalfBlack
VanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh7 View Post

I don't understand???

No Worries is offline Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #59
No Worries
Contributing Member
No Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #584
I thought Hannah Storm was gay?!?

Haymitch is offline Old 01-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #60
Haymitch
Contributing Member
Haymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16399
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranchiseBlade View Post
I always loved Hannah Storm. I used to have fantasies where she'd be my wife, and do basketball commentary lying nude in my bed while I dominated on the nerf basketball hoop in our bedroom.

Sadly, she's had too much plastic surgery and has lost her looks. I'm glad she still has an interest in Houston, and I have a little loyalty to her because I want to do her well.

Sadly, her announcing style has gone down hill as well. When she does tennis matches she has the annoying habit of looking at the camera all the time instead of the people she's talking to. She turns her head back and forth at times that make no sense. There is no reason for her to turn and look directly at the camera while she's talking to someone else, and about something else.

I'm sorry she got burned. I still like her, but just because of what she once was, not the announcer with the plastic face that she is now
FIFY