ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Source: Houston Potential Destination for Cousins, but Unlikely...
Tags:  basketball, boston, charlotte, dallas, demarcus cousins, detroit, houston, houston rockets, nba, orlando, sacramento, trade, usa, washington Tags
Aruba77 is offline Old 12-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #141
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Ya know, I used to really want this guy, but it's clear tht he has serious issues. He couldn't get along with his last two coaches, he's been suspended a few times, collangelo famously called him immature this summer, and he's got a track-record of bad attitude ad selfish play going back to college. Add in the fact that he hasn't relly improved much since he joined the NBA, and I don't know how any center shoots under .500. This guy scares me. Huge risk reward, but the kid boarders on toxic. If he was coach able I'd feel differently, but why repeat sac-town's mistake. Not worth it.

Sponsored Link
BeeBeard is offline Old 12-31-2012, 11:21 PM   #142
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
Check the playoffs (not included in those games you linked). Look at the series vs LA and SA last year, and the series vs Orlando in 2010. Night and day difference with him on Howard/Bynum/Duncan when compared to others. Especially in OKC with Ibaka, who is not a great man defender.
Look again. Scroll all the way down. It's all there. Every matchup of Howard vs. Perkins, regular season and playoffs.

2010 Playoffs? Lol oh man. You mean the series where Dwight Howard went 13 and 12 in game 1? Then Perkins somehow managed to almost foul out in 20ish minutes guarding Dwight in a blowout game 2, and so Perkins was advertised as a "Dwight stopper" from that point on? Yeah about that...Dwight proceeded to clown Perkins for 32/16, 21/10, and 28/12 in successive games in that series, but the dumbass kneejerk world of collective RealGM basketball opinion forgot to update the book on Perkins. It's like none of that happened. Perkins has still been dining out on that one game ever since lol. If numbers like 32/16 or 28/12 is Dwight Howard being "shut down" by Kendrick Perkins in the playoffs, then we need to reexamine Dwight Howard as a player, because he must somehow be like 3 Kareems combined. Two of them standing on top of a third to make some sort of human Kareem pyramid, I imagine. That or--hmm...far more likely--Dwight was just doing the same thing to Perkins that he was doing to everybody else in 2010, and it's like Perkins wasn't even there.

It's like this: Name a credible low post F/C and I can link you to a fistful of games of that guy lighting the great Kendrick Perkins right the hell up. Basically the notion that Kendrick Perkins is a "good low post defender" is one of the biggest popular misconceptions going right now. It's gotten to where I don't even care that this scowling monstrosity of an overrated nothing is from Texas any longer. Time to just cut the BS here. Perk is garbage my friend.

BeeBeard is offline Old 12-31-2012, 11:42 PM   #143
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
lol game 3 was the blowout game where Orlando didn't try. I somehow actually left out mentioning a whole other playoff game in that series where Dwight torched Perkins for 30, in addition to 32, 28, and so on. Ahahaha this just keeps getting better and better! See for yourself.

Pictured: Kendrick Perkins shows off the "defensive skills" (read: frowning at people while they dunk on you) that would get him paid 20 million dollars over the next two seasons.

BeeBeard is offline Old 12-31-2012, 11:56 PM   #144
BeeBeard
Nobody ever talks about the defense Dwight Howard played on Perkins in that series, either. I get it, Dwight Howard could guard Perkins with one arm blindfolded, but gaze upon that offensive firepower by Sir Scowlsalot: 4 points...3 points...2 points...2 points. That is some pitiful crap right there, from a starting center in the playoffs. It's like, if the guy you're guarding usually averages 18 PPG and is demolishing you for 30 a night in the playoffs of all places, and then you yourself are putting up 2 points, then why are you on the basketball court. Why do you even exist, Kendrick Perkins??

But whatever. I've said my piece. The guy sucks. Period the end.

rolyat93 is online now Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #145
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Beautifully said mate.

kuku is offline Old 01-01-2013, 03:47 AM   #146
kuku
Contributing Member
kuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51720
Great read from NBA.com on DeMarcus Cousins, extremely long tho.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...=iref:nbahpt6a

Dei is offline Old 01-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #147
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeard View Post
Nobody ever talks about the defense Dwight Howard played on Perkins in that series, either. I get it, Dwight Howard could guard Perkins with one arm blindfolded, but gaze upon that offensive firepower by Sir Scowlsalot: 4 points...3 points...2 points...2 points. That is some pitiful crap right there, from a starting center in the playoffs. It's like, if the guy you're guarding usually averages 18 PPG and is demolishing you for 30 a night in the playoffs of all places, and then you yourself are putting up 2 points, then why are you on the basketball court. Why do you even exist, Kendrick Perkins??

But whatever. I've said my piece. The guy sucks. Period the end.
I would like to rep you again because this is very entertaining but the system won't let me. Seriously, you are bard, sir.

Tristan_fiore is offline Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #148
Tristan_fiore
Tristan_fiore is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52756
I think the best fits for him would be either Boston or Dallas. He needs to go to a team with veterans that can keep him in check. I really would love to see him on Boston though. Him and Rondo together would be killer.

DrNuegebauer is offline Old 01-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #149
DrNuegebauer
DrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1358
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAT LA View Post
Good point, but Sacramento sees Beal too. Do you think they would do it? He is shooting 35% from the field and 26% from three and averages 1.6 turnovers in 30 minutes. Cousins is a proven talent and Beal averages 12 points on terrible shooting.
Oh I never said Sacramento would do the deal!

I was speaking to the fact that Washington would CERTAINLY trade Beal for Cousins if offered (and if they wanted the headcase).

Beal's numbers probably aren't a massive concern for GMs at the moment. He's a rookie on an absolutely terrible team which has no PG to create anything for him. So despite his numbers, he probably still has value because he was highly drafted, but if his numbers continue into next season, that value will drop off the edge of a cliff.
Funny thing "potential" - often it is just a substitute word for "this guy is crap but I have a hunch he might not be"....

basketballholic says:
TJones is starting because we don't have anybody else. TJones is giving us nothing more (and probably not as much) as Tyler Hansbrough or Reggie Nut-grabber or some other garbage man pf would give us.
L
O
L

coachbadlee is offline Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #150
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan_fiore View Post
I think the best fits for him would be either Boston or Dallas. He needs to go to a team with veterans that can keep him in check. I really would love to see him on Boston though. Him and Rondo together would be killer.
There is no better fit for Cousins right now than the Rockets. The youngest team in the league and they already look to have things together.
OKC would be another good fit.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

daywalker02 is offline Old 01-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #151
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
There is no better fit for Cousins right now than the Rockets. The youngest team in the league and they already look to have things together.
OKC would be another good fit.
what is better than Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballholic
Well you shouldn't. Morris is an NBA player and will probably be a better NBA player for his career than Jones will. Derrick Williams is better than Morris. He was at Arizona. He is now.
D-Ho over HO Chen

coachbadlee is offline Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #152
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
what is better than Cousins

Exactly. As i mentioned earlier, winning might get him right.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

REDNINJA is offline Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #153
REDNINJA
REDNINJA is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #51653
Lamarcus Aldridge is starting to grow on me. I don't think Sacto will ever trade Cousins and he can't stretch the floor anyway, so If L.A can stay healthy Morey can wait til the off season and we can keep P.Pat to come off the bench. We'd still have to make some trades to clear the roster glut (Donuts, Morris, Royce) but how awesome would it be to have

PG: Lin
SG: Harden
SF: Parsons
PF: Aldridge
C: Asik

Pokito1120 is offline Old 01-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #154
Pokito1120
Pokito1120 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #51535
Greg Monroe anyone???

Icehouse is offline Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #155
Icehouse
Contributing Member
Icehouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsIcehouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsIcehouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsIcehouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsIcehouse is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1617
BeeBeard

When you WATCH the Thunder play teams with legit bigs, do you see them allow Perkins to check dudes with less help more often than not or more often than most other teams do? Compare that to us pre Asik, and you will notice the difference. Guys will still get their numbers unless someone is a lock down defender (never said Perkins was), but it's about making them work for theirs without having to constantly send help their way. Using your logic I guess Battier wasn't a good defender either?

There aren't that many bigs in the league that can defend the low post without tons of help. Perkins is one of them and I don't see OKC trading him as they know the bigs they will see in the playoffs. Maybe if Ibaka develops into a better man defender but he's not there yet. It was night and day last postseason when he had to check dudes 1-1 in the post (great help defender though).*

Geronimo is offline Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #156
Geronimo
Geronimo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokito1120 View Post
Greg Monroe anyone???
Big Monroe fan but unless you're willing to include Harden in the deal, Detroit would die laughing.

raskol is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #157
raskol
Contributing Member
raskol is Omer Asik -- working the boardsraskol is Omer Asik -- working the boardsraskol is Omer Asik -- working the boardsraskol is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51744
I think the front office over there already went on record today saying that they would not deal Cousins.

Grigori is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #158
Grigori
Grigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGrigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44899
Even if Geoff wants to trade Cousins, and at this point I reckon he is begging to, the Maloofs will just veto it.

ROXTXIA is offline Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #159
ROXTXIA
Contributing Member
ROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2000
Member: #1409
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskol View Post
I think the front office over there already went on record today saying that they would not deal Cousins.
Not yet, they won't.

Arthurprescott2 is offline Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #160
Arthurprescott2
Arthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #51824
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...rade-scenarios

Quote:
Rockets: Marcus Morris and Greg Smith
(24.0 WARP)

Even after dealing for James Harden, the Rockets could still put together a competitive offer for Cousins thanks to their frontcourt depth. Sacramento could probably take its pick of any two bigs on the Houston roster besides starting center Omer Asik. Statistically, the best duo would be Morris and Smith. In his second season, Morris has blossomed after moving to power forward, stretching the floor from the position by making nearly 40 percent of his 3-point attempts. The Kings could eventually give him another try on the wing if former college teammate Thomas Robinson emerges as a starter at the 4. The undrafted Smith, plucked by the Rockets from the D-League, is locked up for the minimum through 2013-14. He has impressed off the bench this season, using his strength and soft touch around the basket to make up for being undersized. Smith's 65.7 percent 2-point shooting ranks third among regular players, and he's also capable on the glass.

I no longer have to watch RGV games to see DMo!!!