1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ACN (All Communications Network) - MLM/Ponzi/Pyramid Scheme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Antec, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Antec, you have over 1/3rd of every post in this thread. Time to chill the **** out.

2. Antec

Antec Member

Honestly if you are really close to your friend, you should try and tell her to see things clearly and really help her out. She is going down a path that is going to waste so much time and money from her and her family. ACN is not a $499 thing, it literally drains thousands out of your pockets from "you signing up for your own services to get promoted" to attending weekly/monthly/annual meetings. How sad is it that they charge like $10-$15 for their own "business partners" to attend every meeting?

The key is they charge you monthly off your credit cards, so you don't feel you wallet take the hit until its too late.

Or if she is really hot, or if you ever considered getting with her. Then you should stop her from doing ACN and use the time to "get to know each other better". :p

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've worked corporate for an MLM and I have a degree from the SEC. I know more than you about everything. It's not a scam (in the USA anyways) but it is definitely a pee-pee game. Sucker. Unless you're making money off the MLM AND can admit to yourself freely that it is indeed a frivolous pee-pee game with no real product you're a sucker. Set up your Google alerts to something relevant and go listen to your "call".

1 person likes this.
  4. lean

lean Member

I just assume it is a troll account not anyone who actually is involved with ACN or believes any of that crap. It is most likely someone who saw this thread and decided to stir things up by pretending to post as an actual ACN person... at least I hope that is the case LOL.

1 person likes this.
  5. Classic

Classic Member

Is prestigious Indiana University grad Jonathan Goode really=

[​IMG]

?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

MLMers are trained to setup Google Alerts then fish for leads so who knows.

7. Johnathan Goode

Johnathan Goode New Member

Its not for everyone I get it

Wow, I look at all these posts bashing MLM's, and I feel sorry for you. The lack of open mindedness, and the lack of understanding of how a business is truly ran. Microsoft was started in a garage, Facebook was formed in a dorm room, and KFC was started in a home as a catering company. All of these companies started somewhere. MLM's aren't for everyone, that's ok. Some people don't like to know everything. Just go to work, and assume they will get there paychecks from someone else. They don't care where they come from, how that money is truly backed. All they care about is getting that check every week. As an accounting major I've been taught to find out how that money gets from 1 place to another. That's why I have a deeper understanding. My point is proven by the fact you said you can go the government building and pay $10 for a business license. LOL And you say ACN is a joke? After you pay that $10. Where are your supplies, where is your equipment, where is your office? Do the math, add in that $10, and I promise you will spend well over $500. Do ACN reps have to work harder to help people understand the true value? Of course we do, It's the closed minded individuals like yourself that feel that real businesses like Radio Shack, Sams Club, Wal-mart (all 3 do the same thing we do) can't do it over the Internet alone. They need a retail store front in a mall or a street corner to product there business properly. Pay employees by the hours to do their work for them. Well I can tell you when it's all said and done. When this economy finally bottoms out, and no one can afford a traditional store front. You will see businesses drop off, and depending on whatever it is you do. You get laid off, cause they can't afford to pay you anymore. Your bills will still need to be paid regardless. When that happens, while everyone else is going out of business mine will be booming. I'm not saying I'll be a millionaire, I'm not saying I'll be rolling around in a Benz with a multimillion dollar home. But what I can promise, I won't be jobless begging for a handout. I'll be the one trying to save you by getting your bills lowered so you don't have to get on government assistance. And that's the sad truth.

Oh and by the way I don't have 1 friend or family on my team. All former Co-workers, and business owners that are now in business with me. The fact you did your research and saw I'm a new rep, should give even more creditability figuring its almost 12 PM EST, on a Tuesday, and I'm on here trying to open your eyes. I don't have to worry about my bills getting paid because I already paid them, pull the residual off my own bills, thus saving me 20% on every bill I signed up though my business with the same companies you use, and probably on the same plan. That right there is worth $500 not including the fact you can use it the $500, plus whatever expenses you may have as a tax right off. You want to talk about the BBB? We have held a A to A+ Rating in all 20 years we have been in business. I'm a former store manager of T-mobile, with that said people come back and complain all the time. It's just the business we are in. people don't understand the fine print. I excelled at my job with T-mobile because I took the time to help people understand anything and everything, and because of that I had one of the lowest return rates in the WHOLE COMPANY! Because of that they moved me from Indiana, to Florida to open stores for them. Why did they do that you ask? Because I did it the RIGHT WAY! I helped people, I didn't scam them.

You can think whatever you want about ACN, or any other MLM company. but I want you to know this, I was in your shoes before, watched my mom lose almost everything to MLM companies with no leadership, and she wouldn't stop trying. You think I want that for my life? You think I would do this knowing how much money I watched my mom pissed away on bad opportunities? That was the whole reason I went to school for accounting. To show her what makes since and what doesn't. Now what do I do, I'm a full time ACN rep after 3 weeks in, and make enough bonuses, and residual to live comfortably. I saw the Opportunity, took me 3 months of research, growing interest, and making myself truly understand the company before I bought in. I did it the right way. I didn't criticize, I did my homework, found out if, and how I would make this work for me. Because of that I got the attention of the people above me, and they devoted their time to make sure I did it right. Because I did what a smart business man would do. Prep for the opportunity, not just embrace it, or criticize it. My point being, In a drag race, you don't wait to start your car when the lights start to fall do you? You have your engine almost red lined so when you drop the breaks, you take off with maximum acceleration. That's what I did, You have to think outside the box on everything. What can I do to make myself better then the norm? Because I have the mindset I will succeed. The lack of that mindset, and greed, is the reason the country is failing.

Criticize all you want, bad mouth things you do not understand, cause even if you would consider this opportunity I wouldn't offer it to you because you don't have what it takes, and you would just tear my team down. but if you get anything out of this remember....

A closed mind is your most expensive expense. Not only can it cost you everything, but cause you to miss a great opportunity. If think the opportunity is a bad one, do your research, find out how people really make money. Don't research what other say, because the people that criticize didn't have what it takes to succeed. Look into the comp plan, look into the bonus structure then make your decision. Do it the right way. Because at the end of the day, it's not about what people say, it's about what is offered in the opportunity. Every company that was ever started had people saying it would never work. If we all knew what would work and what wouldn't, we all would be millionaires. The founder of Wendy's lost everything close to him, his wife left him, he lost his daughter "Wendy", and struggled for almost 5 years. I bet his ex wife feels stupid now cause of her closed mind, and his daughter didn't even know better because she was so young. I wish I was in his daughter shoes. That's the truth!

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

do they tell you not to deviate from this script at your presentations?

you must be dominating the market, brah...

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's just grasping for that one lead that might come along and help him make his first sale so he can wag his tail to his "mentor".

For people like him, it's not about making money, it's about finding approval or even some semblance of "fame" within his pee-pee community. "Respect" from top producers that don't know he exists and never will.

For people like him, it's about a pat on the back and nod. About respect from within that community, truly an empire of dirt. His dream isn't owning a boat or even making back his investment in ACN, it's about being invited to join-in as a guest on a call to teach others because people respect him.

That's how the money is made in MLM. Off people that want acceptance and notoriety, not people looking for money. If you're looking for money you have similar odds turning pro in sports or gambling. Typically 2% of people make back their initial investment. Picking against a spread, almost 50% shot.

Hey brah (trying to use terms you're comfortable with), just pay them $20,000 out of your pocket, they'll show you plenty of respect and even let you pretend like you're making sales to appear meaningful in the community. It's easier than recruiting drones and teaching them.

Rule #2 in MLM, real top producers don't teach anybody in their downline, they just get lucky and find someone who's got a knack for selling or they hammer out the sales themselves.

Patiently waiting for page 3 from the ACN sales manual to be pasted...

#109 Ziggy, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    2 people like this.
  10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

You need to do your own research and stop regurgitating all the crap they teach you at ACN 'school'.

When Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's, died in 2002 he was survived by his wife of 47 years, Lorraine, five children and 16 grandchildren. He didn't lose his wife and daughter, in spite of you wanting to contrive some 'struggle' that successful business owners have to go through before they made it.

Don't romanticize getting blasted on a basketball forum for being an idiot as the struggle you will overcome to be successful one day.

1 person likes this.
  12. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Well if you can save everyone money its so easy to prove. Why don't you just show us multiple examples of ACN being able to save us money?

Phone bill
    Tv bill
    Internet bill
    Mobile bill
    Electricity bill.

Please show us so and we can shut up.

13. Classic

Classic Member

On top of this, I'd also be curious to see what commission is paid. The reviews say 1/4 of 1%. As in .0025 of every dollar of services sold. Surely as an accounting man and former T-Mobile head honcho you know this and would be willing to inform to back up your position that this is a legit opportunity. Otherwise, I'm going to assume the vast majority of your commission structure gets paid on people's $500 'store front' franchise opportunity they buy into & other 'support' services. People with real jobs get paid money on a service or product they provide. Is your product paying .0025 commission?

14. updawg

updawg Member

3 weeks in, the Kool aid still tastes good

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You in it?

16. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I had no idea that Ambit consultants only make 1% off each customer. Wow! That's not much. There is a friend of mine from high school and he is constantly going after me to join his team (because I'm in direct sales part-time) or sign up for electricity with him. I just tell him that I don't have time and that I didn't want to break our electricity contract just to join Ambit.

People who are in MLMs or Direct sales can lose friends/family FAST if they keep pestering people to sign up or buy. There is nothing more annoying than constantly seeing the posts of their product or service on FB. My customers come to me when they need to re-order and I don't try to recruit (don't want to be held responsible if they fail).

Anyways, never heard of ACN before!

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

lol at copy and paste

btw if anyone falls for this kids speech, you truly are dumb

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6-RkympNNq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

^did I hear right? He says his dad is vp for multibillion dollar company then later says the motivation was to retire his family.

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

well, his mom was a medical coder, probably doing data entry for 10 bucks an hour, sister was a honor-roll student, dad was vice president of a multi billion dollar engineering company...and he still wanted them to retire..lol

nothing really makes sense in what he said...its just a bunch sales/motivational speech

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lol. Scam nation. I did see some crocodile tears in him.