ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)
Tags:  2012, attention whore, basketball, draft, eddie griffin, feedback, houston rockets, jonathan feigen, league, nba, pointless, protocol, royce white, self-centered egoist, support, twitter, nba development league Tags
BigM is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #221
BigM
Contributing Member
BigM is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBigM is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2764
He needs to look at Marcus Morris as an example. Pay your dues Royce.

Sponsored Link
Clutch is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #222
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Full statement from Royce White:

In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open and honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team and make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy and successful relationship. At this point the Rockets are aware of my position and the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy and that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Alex L. is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #223
Alex L.
Contributing Member
Alex L. is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51861
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahachui View Post
as long as he is in rockets jersey
I SUPPORT HIM
More so if he's in a RGV jersey!

Carl Herrera is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #224
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
What is a "player-commodity league"? Is it similar to a "player-assets" league?

Also, can somebody please just speak plain English? I don't think I am the only one who read both statements and still don't know what's going on.

I guess we now know the "migraines" stuff was PR cover by the Rockets for Royce being absent due to certain of his requests/demands (which he seems to think is within the scope of their agreement) not being met. My question is what requests/requests these are.

Aruba77 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #225
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
What does this guy want? What is the beef about? Need more clarity.

Outlier is online now Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #226
Outlier
Outlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16479
Everyone get on twitter and send him tweets. Please for the love of God make him realize how much of an a-hole he is.

nono is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #227
nono
nono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodnono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post

In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open and honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team and make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy and successful relationship. At this point the Rockets are aware of my position and the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy and that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport.
Wow. I don't feel like this situation is going to end well.

Mr. Clutch is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #228
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
Translation: it's unhealthy for me to go to the D-League.

Air Langhi is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #229
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Statement from Royce White: "In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open & honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team & make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy & successful relationship. At this point, the Rockets are aware of my position & the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy & that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport."

I guess those other GMs knew something when they didn't want to touch him.

Aruba77 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #230
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Is that what this is about? What does that have to do with missing 3 or 4 practices?

mazinger is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #231
mazinger
mazinger is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemazinger is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemazinger is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #35014
Wow... He needs to fire his doctor who is giving him bad advice and treatments.

Convictedstupid is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #232
Convictedstupid
Convictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #32678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post

Jesus, White.

Hopefully this was worth ruining your career over.

NotInMyHouse is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #233
NotInMyHouse
Contributing Member
NotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
That's how I read it, too.

Mr. Clutch is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #234
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruba77 View Post
Is that what this is about? What does that have to do with missing 3 or 4 practices?
Translation: It's unhealthy for me not to get consistent minutes with the NBA team.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #235
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruba77 View Post
Maybe they broached the subject with him before these practices, and he refused to practice until they rescind their decision to send him down?

Then again, this is speculation. His problem might very well relate to another decision made by the Rockets.

Rockets0515 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #236
Rockets0515
Rockets0515 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26901
wow... Ive been supportive of white up until now, mental problems or not this guy is getting payed to play basketball, whether that is in practice, d league, or the bench. Needs to man up and get to where he needs to be and do whatever the coaching staff says, or he needs to retire.

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #237
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
Royce White stands on a soap box & screams Advocacy but doesn't take responsibility for anything. Enjoy spreading the word from irrelevancy

DCkid is online now Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #238
DCkid
Contributing Member
DCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3186
Looking like the McCain team did a better job vetting Palin.

Trackball is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #239
Trackball
Trackball is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45294
Which is more fitting your lifestyle, Royce: Making millions of dollars to play basketball and not letting your disorder defeat you, or crying in the corner all day like the wimp you are?

I wanted you to succeed, Royce. As an Aspie, I was rooting for you.

But I guess basketball just isn't a game you love.

Now you'll be a footnote in history, because you refused to kick your anxiety disorder in the nuts and be a man.

Goodbye.

the rockets have gone 280-167 since moreys been GM.. he assembled the best rockets team weve had in years when he stole artest from the kings, he stole scola from the spurs.. and has maintained a roster that plays above .500 without a superstar let alone an all-star, yet this guy cant catch a break because he cant convince some spoiled diva superstars to play in houston. i think you guys need to relax.

budo09 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #240
budo09
budo09 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49239