ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Rockets-Blazers Series Preview with Adam Wexler

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)
Tags:  2012, attention whore, basketball, draft, eddie griffin, feedback, houston rockets, jonathan feigen, league, nba, pointless, protocol, royce white, self-centered egoist, support, twitter, nba development league Tags
napalm_black is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #201
napalm_black
Contributing Member
napalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33900
EDIT: Nevermind..

Sponsored Link
Perki-Perk is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #202
Perki-Perk
Perki-Perk is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51004
PRACTICE?! WE TALKIN' BOUT PRACTICE?!?!?

Dei is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #203
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
Problem is though, if they void they're losing a potential asset. He is making peanuts now and could potentially be used in a trade in the future if he shows himself to be less of a basket case. Les would rather pay him the peanuts than lose that asset.
A few million isn't peanuts. It's a different case with players who aren't performing very well. You can just outright now pay this guy because of non-performance.

Quote:
There is also the problem that if the organization is too harsh on him everyone thinks they are not understanding of people who have mental illnesses etc etc. It just looks cold. That is why they gave him that bus anyways. They will give him some more time. I am losing patience though, just like you.
Royce paid for the bus himself, afaik. I wouldn't feel the Rox would be too harsh at all. Royce's shortcomings have been grave.

hahachui is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #204
hahachui
hahachui is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2008
Member: #36040
as long as he is in rockets jersey
I SUPPORT HIM

SamFisher is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #205
SamFisher
Contributing Member
SamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11807
I don't understand how he functioned in NCAA ball either, or maybe just the fact that he's in the oros is too much for him.

Frankly he should have started the year in RGV. Baby steps.

MambaJoe is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #206
MambaJoe
MambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43157
The problem with White is he need to realized that he isn't a top 10 lottery pick, his stock is low, he's still a rookie, and if he ruins this chance, it will be very likely that he will be out of the league. He should go talk to Twill and johnny Flynn.

No Government in our country can lawfully stifle free speech and fine those who exercise it; the NBA under present circumstances can both stifle and fine players and coaches who speak up.

seyton is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #207
seyton
seyton is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei View Post
A few million isn't peanuts. It's a different case with players who aren't performing very well. You can just outright now pay this guy because of non-performance.

Royce paid for the bus himself, afaik. I wouldn't feel the Rox would be too harsh at all. Royce's shortcomings have been grave.

A few million is peanuts compared to what the lawyer fees and pr hits are going to cost you.

Z-Ro&Trae is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #208
Z-Ro&Trae
Z-Ro&Trae is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43495
Quote:
Originally Posted by MambaJoe View Post
The problem with White is he need to realized that he isn't a top 10 lottery pick, his stock is low, he's still a rookie, and if he ruins this chance, it will be very likely that he will be out of the league. He should go talk to Twill and johnny Flynn.
I think White is alot better than Flynn and T-Will though.

dockerland is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #209
dockerland
Contributing Member
dockerland is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2005
Member: #16259
So White releases a statement putting the blame on the Rockets.

Cut him now and get it over with.

Clutch is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #210
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockerland View Post
So White releases a statement putting the blame on the Rockets.

Cut him now and get it over with.
Is there a full statement?

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

redhotrox is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #211
redhotrox
Contributing Member
redhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49021

What if the Lakers sign Lebron for the 2014/2015 season? Assuming that Howard and Nash are the only ones on the roster at that point...maybe Kobe signs for a lot less money being that he's been paid plenty by the Lakers. The word "never" is a bit drastic. Next season for the Lakers will be the redeem team. The 2014/2015 season will be the "calling all mercenaries" team.

Last edited by redhotrox; 11-13-2012 at 08:29 PM.

D-rock is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #212
D-rock
D-rock is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18806
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahachui View Post
as long as he is in rockets jersey
I SUPPORT HIM
Same here. But the kid is not making it easy that's for sure. Fred Hoiberg (might be the only guy who can reach him now) needs to throw White a lifeline, or maybe help him understand some life lessons. Playing in the NBA is a privilege, not a right.

dockerland is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #213
dockerland
Contributing Member
dockerland is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2005
Member: #16259
Would love to get a hold of the full statement but based on what has been said on twitter the guy is building a very big hole that he has no chance of escaping in Houston. It sounds like he could see being sent to Rio coming and wanted nothing at all to do with it.

I can understand those that would like to persist with White but when you have players saying they haven't seen him for days and that he has missed multiple practices they need to deal with it swiftly once and for all.

Outlier is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #214
Outlier
Outlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16479
WOW. **** this guy. I had high hopes for him, but what a douchebag.

Can we all sign up on twitter and blast him there? Just hope he gets to hear us outraged fans.

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #215
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
I'm ****ing done with Royce White. He can choke on a bag of **** on his bus home to Minnesota.

J.R. is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #216
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Statement from Royce White: "In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open & honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team & make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy & successful relationship. At this point, the Rockets are aware of my position & the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy & that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport."

NotApollo33 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #217
NotApollo33
NotApollo33 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52485
No. Royce. No.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #218
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
This is what happens when you treat players like assets. Daryl Morey always has disgruntled players.

Aruba77 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #219
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Is there a full statement?

Yeah he's bad mouthing the organization publicly. Get him out of here. Totally unacceptable to go public like this.

NotInMyHouse is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #220
NotInMyHouse
Contributing Member
NotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31354
Great f@cking pumpkin, Charlie Brown!