ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Houston Rockets Salary Cap Update: 2012-13 Training Camp Edition
Tags:  2012, basketball, clutchfans, houston, houston rockets, nba, training, training camp Tags
mirus is offline Old 10-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #41
mirus
mirus is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52119
I like bima quote

Phoenix Suns,Houston Rockets,New York Knicks,Indiana Pacers/Golden State Warriors

Sponsored Link
mirus is offline Old 10-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #42
mirus
give him some time. caps is like a complicated math question

Phoenix Suns,Houston Rockets,New York Knicks,Indiana Pacers/Golden State Warriors

BimaThug is online now Old 10-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #43
BimaThug
Contributing Member
BimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #359
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis 4 prez View Post
Bima is slacking. it's been almost an hour since the trade and this still hasn't been updated for the new guys.
Hahahaha! I'm working on it!!! Had to put my kid to bed. (And yes, he already knows how to say "James Harden" and "Fear the Beard").

"Rough" update coming in a minute.

I may even say something worthwhile at some point.

Last edited by BimaThug; 10-28-2012 at 12:24 AM.

mirus is offline Old 10-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #44
mirus
Bima,ought to tell the kids how to speak aldrich and asik too :P
here's a link on what picks we had

Houston

Picks in trade

Quote:
2013 first round draft pick from Dallas
Dallas' own 2013 first round draft pick to Houston via the L.A. Lakers ( top 20 protected in 2013, top 20 protected in 2014, top 20 protected in 2015, top 20 protected in 2016, top 20 protected in 2017 and unprotected in the 2018 Draft). [Dallas - L.A. Lakers, 12/11/2011 and then Houston-L.A. Lakers 3/15/2012]

2013 first round draft pick from Toronto
Toronto's own 2013 1st round pick to Houston (Top-3 Protected and 15-30 Protected in the 2013 Draft, top-2 protected and 15-30 protected in 2014, top-2 protected and 15-30 protected in 2015, top-1 Protected and 15-30 protected in 2016, top-1 protected and 15-30 Protected in 2017 and unprotected in the 2018 Draft. [Houston-Toronto, 7/11/2012]

2013 second round draft pick from Charlotte
Charlotte's own 2013 2nd round pick to Houston via Oklahoma City and Boston. [Charlotte - Oklahoma City, 12/19/2011 and then Boston-Oklahoma City, 6/26/2012 and then Boston-Houston-Portland, 7/20/2012]
Picks rockets have:
Quote:

2014 second round draft pick from New York
New York's own 2014 2nd round pick to Houston. [Houston-New York, 7/11/2012]

2015 second round draft pick from L.A. Clippers
The L.A. Clippers' own 2015 2nd round pick to Houston via Toronto (if pick is 51 - 55). If the L.A. Clippers' own 2015 2nd round pick is not among the 51st through 55th picks, then the L.A. Clippers' obligations to Houston shall be extinguished. [L.A. Clippers - Toronto, 1/7/2009 and then Houston - Toronto, 7/28/2010]

2015 second round draft pick from New York
New York's
Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed#ixzz2AZ1naX2L

BimaThug is online now Old 10-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #45
BimaThug
Contributing Member
BimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
***UPDATE***

Right now, the Rockets have 20 players under contract, with approximately $5.3 million in available cap room. (This trade actually created a bit of extra cap room for this season, since Harden is still on his rookie deal and the 4 guys we got together only made about as much as Martin alone.)

The Rockets now have to make decisions on whether to exercise team options on FIVE players between now and Wednesday: Aldrich (4th yr - $3.25M), Patterson (4th yr - $3.1M), Morris (3rd yr - $1.99M), Hayward (4th yr - $2.12M) and Johnson (3rd yr - $1.14M). Those decisions could greatly affect the team's available cap space next summer. (My guess is that they exercise the options on Aldrich, Patterson and Morris, but not on Hayward or Johnson.)

Assuming that the cap stays the same ($58.044 million) and that Harden gets the max salary next season based on that cap figure ($13,668,750), then the Rockets will be in a position to add another free agent making almost that much. If Aldrich, Patterson and Morris stay on the books and Hayward and Johnson come off (see prediction above), and if all non-guaranteed salary (Delfino, Smith, Machado) is dumped, the Rockets with this roster could have as much as about $12.7 million in available cap room without having to make any further trades.

Bottom line: The Rockets can give Harden the max AND still fit another max salary player fairly easily with a few minor trades.

Knightrogen is offline Old 10-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #46
Knightrogen
Knightrogen is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40931
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimaThug View Post
***UPDATE***

Right now, the Rockets have 20 players under contract, with approximately $5.3 million in available cap room. (This trade actually created a bit of extra cap room for this season, since Harden is still on his rookie deal and the 4 guys we got together only made about as much as Martin alone.)

The Rockets now have to make decisions on whether to exercise team options on FIVE players between now and Wednesday: Aldrich (4th yr - $3.25M), Patterson (4th yr - $3.1M), Morris (3rd yr - $1.99M), Hayward (4th yr - $2.12M) and Johnson (3rd yr - $1.14M). Those decisions could greatly affect the team's available cap space next summer. (My guess is that they exercise the options on Aldrich, Patterson and Morris, but not on Hayward or Johnson.)

Assuming that the cap stays the same ($58.044 million) and that Harden gets the max salary next season based on that cap figure ($13,668,750), then the Rockets will be in a position to add another free agent making almost that much. If Aldrich, Patterson and Morris stay on the books and Hayward and Johnson come off (see prediction above), and if all non-guaranteed salary (Delfino, Smith, Machado) is dumped, the Rockets with this roster could have as much as about $12.7 million in available cap room without having to make any further trades.

Bottom line: The Rockets can give Harden the max AND still fit another max salary player fairly easily with a few minor trades.
I thought we could have more. I was thinking like 15 million. We can dump Douglas's 3 million contract too. Not sure if you put that into consideration

Carl Herrera is online now Old 10-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #47
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
My guess is they might not pick up Aldrich's option, so they'd have real max room.

Also, who is the next trade/FA target?

BimaThug is online now Old 10-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #48
BimaThug
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrogen View Post
I thought we could have more. I was thinking like 15 million. We can dump Douglas's 3 million contract too. Not sure if you put that into consideration
Douglas comes off books next summer. Calculation doesn't factor him in at all.

Remember, team is adding Aldrich's salary ($3.25M), too.

You also have to factor in cap holds ($490,180) for each player below 12 left on the roster before you can use cap room.

iconoclastic is offline Old 10-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #49
iconoclastic
iconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
My guess is they might not pick up Aldrich's option, so they'd have real max room.

I'm hoping someone like LaMarcus Aldridge. Would be a perfect fit alongside Lin, Harden, Parsons, and Asik.

Knightrogen is offline Old 10-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #50
Knightrogen
Knightrogen is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40931
We have DMo and Smith. Aldrich should be dumped. We are all for building the team fundamentally next summer and take it to championship level. Go for big FAs.

AFS is offline Old 10-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #51
AFS
AFS is Omer Asik -- working the boardsAFS is Omer Asik -- working the boardsAFS is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47830
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclastic View Post
I'm hoping someone like LaMarcus Aldridge. Would be a perfect fit alongside Lin, Harden, Parsons, and Asik.
I doubt Aldridge leaves Portland. Also, his heart issues scare me. But if Morey worked some magic and managed to land him, you wouldn't see me complain.

acsorelle4 is offline Old 10-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #52
acsorelle4
acsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsacsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsacsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsacsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42819
Quote:
The Rockets now have to make decisions on whether to exercise team options on FIVE players between now and Wednesday: Aldrich (4th yr - $3.25M), Patterson (4th yr - $3.1M), Morris (3rd yr - $1.99M), Hayward (4th yr - $2.12M) and Johnson (3rd yr - $1.14M). Those decisions could greatly affect the team's available cap space next summer. (My guess is that they exercise the options on Aldrich, Patterson and Morris, but not on Hayward or Johnson.)[/B]
I'm curious why you think they'd pick up Morris' option.

BimaThug is online now Old 10-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #53
BimaThug
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by acsorelle4 View Post
I'm curious why you think they'd pick up Morris' option.
The team still really likes Morris. He just had a bad year in a lockout-shortened season with no offseason program and limited training camp and practice time.

The coaching staff really liked what they saw in Morris before his ankle injury. I think if he continues to improve this season as a 3/4, then he can take Delfino's spot in the rotation next season.

CJLarson is offline Old 10-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #54
CJLarson
CJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43106
Is this true Bima?

Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen

Hearing a lot about Lin, Asik contracts. Keep in mind, Rockets still have room for another max FA next summer, even after Harden gets max.

Must...collect...more....ASSETS!

BimaThug is online now Old 10-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #55
BimaThug
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJLarson View Post
Is this true Bima?

Hearing a lot about Lin, Asik contracts. Keep in mind, Rockets still have room for another max FA next summer, even after Harden gets max.
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...9&postcount=45

BigM is online now Old 10-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #56
BigM
Contributing Member
BigM is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBigM is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJLarson View Post
Is this true Bima?

That's pretty much what Bima said.

haoafu is offline Old 10-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #57
haoafu
Contributing Member
haoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodhaoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18655
Quote:

Agree. Smith is much cheaper and has more upside. Cap room is too important to waste on average players. We are still not contender this season, so we gotta plan long term.

pippendagimp is online now Old 10-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #58
pippendagimp
pippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1853
i'm interested on bima's take on aldrich and cook being included........u think morey asked for them or rather, presti tried to dump them? cook seems a decent player and dead-eye shooter, but this is the 2nd time a team's given up on him, rite?

CJLarson is offline Old 10-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #59
CJLarson
CJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43106
Quote:
My mistake, saw you were taking questions in the other thread and rushed here without reading.

Certainly good news!

Must...collect...more....ASSETS!

BimaThug is online now Old 10-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #60
BimaThug
Contributing Member
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoafu View Post
Agree. Smith is much cheaper and has more upside. Cap room is too important to waste on average players. We are still not contender this season, so we gotta plan long term.
Could be. It would certainly make signing a max guy easier without making any other trades. But if the team believes that Aldrich will be a high-quality young center, those are worth a heck of a lot more than $3.25M on the open market. They could always trade him for a future pick if they had to.

Again, it's just a guess on my part. Could go either way.