1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just too much

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Sep 28, 2012.

?

Would you trade White, Lamb and Jones for Davis?(please read before you vote)

1. Yes

180 vote(s)
    67.4%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    32.6%
  1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Yes, I would trade them in a heartbeat because Davis is special, a center and a guy you can build around. I am very positive about the future of TJ, Lamb & White. However they could easily turn out as NBA journey men.

- White is still the biggest question mark and even though he lead his team in every category in college, his work ethic and focus was questioned at times.
    Then there's the anxiety issues, him being undersized and still a work of progress in a lot of areas.
    - Lamb is a lights out shooter and has long arms which is a huge advantage of he wants to. He might put up 20 ppg easily but will he have the drive to become better and still defend? I can easily see him become like T-mac, i.e. a guy who just has to score and shouldn't waste energy on defense. Also many college guys have put up great numbers and never made it in the NBA, any player can score.
    - TJ is a guy who is solid in a lot of areas but will he excell and keep developing? He could be a star, but just as well be a guy who is good but not good enough to stay on any team longer than a few years.

Those 3 have bigger question marks to them than Davis has as of right now. Especially considering we have McHale as a coach, we lack a true big man and foundational player I would do that trade in a heartbeat. Consider our situation in case this trade would've realized by now, the roster would look like this:

Lin / Douglas / Livingston / Machado
    Martin / Delfino
    Parsons / Morris
    Patterson / D-Mo / Johnson
    Davis / Asik / Brockman / Smith

For one, Lin & Davis would be a deadly combo. Two: D-Mo could thrive next to Davis who would work in the post thus allowing D-Mo to play outside as well. Three: Martin's defense wouldn't be such an issue and I could see him thrive in the inside-outside game. This would increase his value and allow us to trade him. There's still a big chance this team wouldn't make the playoffs and we could get a high pick. Also considering our cap space, if D-Mo and or Patterson don't work out, bring in Josh Smith (who likes to play here) and a good wing (Harden?).

That would increase our chances of success by a mile so conclusion: yes, there's no doubt I would do this trade.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Good post. My thing is, not all of our rookies are going to under achieve. If just one of them turn into an all-star, then that in itself is a better value than just having Davis. Because the other two + D-Mo are going to be pieces built around that one star.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

In a split second. Where do I sign?

Look, I like our rookies but Anthony Davis is a potential game changer and a big man. He could grow to have Kevin Garnett potential in his career. I would give up all our rookies for him.

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I understand but chances are bigger of Davis turning into an All-Star, probably 90% sure he will, and having a bigger impact even in the case of Lamb / White / TJ turning into an all-star + still having the others there. You have to remember that Davis is a center and our chances of landing Zeller / Noel are slim + they are not as good as Davis.

In the case of having Davis, we could go after a great veteran guard or college player in Parker / Wiggins / Shabbaz or a veteran forward or college player and have a chance of them excelling next to each other. In our current case, we have still have to look for a center.

A great center is also the best as far as individual performance because there's a greater chance of them excelling in more areas (shot blocking, rebounding, steals, assists, points) than a guard or forward. With Davis you definitely have a quadruple double waiting to happen if you know what I mean ;) Even more so the impact on the team: being able to work the inside out game, being able to erase defensive mistakes by guards / forwards, players less prone to penetrate because a big guy is waiting there to block their shot.

So again the value of a great center being the #1 pick with a much bigger chance of becoming an All-Star and foundational player, is greater than the smaller chance of one of the three. Even if one would become an all-star there's no telling what kind of impact he will have team wise (Lamb could become an all-star based on being a great scorer and flashy player for example) and being a foundational player. It's easier to build around a center than a guard or forward.

5. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lol a franchise player>>>All Star. Its like comparing Lebron or Durant to Danny Granger.

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

The real question is: would you give up parsons? :grin:

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

No it's not, you deliberately created a post biased towards our rookies to feed your massive ego. You can't accept the fact that people don't agree with you so you had to go ahead and make a poll. Not only that, you deliberately write a manipulative post to encourage people to vote for our rookies instead of taking a neutral stance. The fact that you repeatedly tell people to "read your post first" tells me you had all those intentions in mind.

Throughout this entire thread, you have done nothing but hype up our rookies whiles lowballing Davis' talent. In your opening post, you listed qualitative, opinionated achievements of our rookies that you can't even measure. Whereas for Davis, who has tons of quantitative achievements which dwarfs all our rookies combined, has absolutely no mention of his achievements in your opening post.

That's deliberately misinforming the readers of the true worth of each player. It's not 61 agreed, and 122 don't. It's 61 agreed after reading your manipulative and misinformed post, and 122 don't.

1 person likes this.
  8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah I also asked you multiple times how this trade was realistic and when has a trade like this ever happened in NBA history. You aren't trying to have any sort of intelligent discussion. You are just trying to get a reaction out of people from most of your responses.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In response to the fantasy trade idea (don't we have a trade thread already?), of course I'd trade those three for Davis. Hell, I'd add some picks as well. However, I absolutely refuse to bare my body for you, coachbadlee. You are simply asking for too much!

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

One less hater to deal with.;)

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't know if this is what you mean but they did trade 2-3 picks to move up and get E. Griffin.
    Aren't all threads meant to get a reaction from posters?

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Kuku to the rescue!:grin:

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have the potential to be the worst poster in clutchfans history.
    you don't know anything about any real Nba player.
    Royce the next magic? You know nothing about anything.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Damn coachbadlee, a new addition to my sig.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You see his pattern? He compares players that never play to established stars or legends.
    Until lamb wins a couple scoring titles, becomes an allstar, gets a Max contract, gets millions of teenage fans, and never pass the first round, he'll never be compared to mcgrady.
    obvious he knows nothing about any player.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Experts compare rookies to established star players all the time. You're hating.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Be sure to keep it there. Don't wimp out and change it when it looks like things are going my way during the season.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Jesus just stop the trolling....

A 7th overall pick isn't close to a 1st overall. This shouldn't have to be explained.