1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballislife.com Made a Terrence Jones Mixtape

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Jul 7, 2012.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/945YnTWFZPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HE IS SLOW. :eek:
    Wow. He's not athletic at all. He's going to bust lol.

1 person likes this.
  2. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

I wasn't expecting a new mixtape, thanks for posting it.

3. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I really don't know much about him so seeing this tape was nice. Thanks

Looks like he can handle the ball good for his size. I can see why some project him as a small forward. Looks to have a good up-fake to get to the rim.

4. dubble dee95

dubble dee95 Member

no kidding, this guy is really slow

5. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Projecting a players abilities in the NBA off his highschool footage.

That's Clutchfans for you.

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

He remind me alot of Josh Howard in his glory days with the Mavericks. Maybe Lamar Odom. At best he might be like Paul Pierce. Slow Motion but still effective.

7. Mr. Space City

he wasn't very impressive at kentucky. he'll be a solid role player at best.

8. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

He looks much shorter than he is now in most of the video. Did TJ grow a lot late?

In any case having the skills he shows in the video can't be overlooked.

Ball Handling
    Athleticism
    Explosiveness
    Vision

All these things translate in the NBA and are some of the harder attributes to gain if you don't have them. Ill be interested to see how he compares to a healthy PPat.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He put up decent numbers but the defensive stats really stand out. It looks like he wasn't asked to shoot much.

I like his game. He still plays like a 3 and can hopefully take Budinger's role. Who knows with Mchale though and if he'll even be here come November.

#9 sammy, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  10. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

to you and the OP, it doesn't matter if he is slow offensively, plus this is from highschool. The reason I say offensively is because he will play 3/4 and doesn't have to be quick. Tmac to me was not fast, but he used his height and ball handling very well. Sam perkins was super slow but was still a threat. Karl malone was slow and is a Hof'er. If he plays smart, and can play defense he will be all right. And to the Op to say he will be a bust... T. Jones was the 3rd pick of our draft, usually those guys dont even stick around, it's not like we are expecting great things from him like A. Davis will. If he doesn't pan out, no biggie.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Any guy that's 6'10 that can handle the rock like that and is left handed to will be nice. Soft touch but isn't afraid to go to the basket and dunk or occasionally shoot the outside three. The guy is going to be good highlights are highlights whatever. Anthony Davis is super skinny you just gotta wait and see neither one of these guys will bust though.

12. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

can't wait to see him in Vegas

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You can get great value anywhere in the first. Rondo went later. Just saying.

To get someone that has the ability to play elite D for Budinger makes me excited.

14. Mr. Space City

i didn't say he was slow. :confused:

he'll be a solid role player. that not a bad thing.

15. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

If he turns into a solid role player,that's great for the 18th pick.

Saying he wasn't very impressive at Kentucky isn't fair.He might have been a top 5 pick if he would have been somewhere else.C'mon man KU had the top 2 picks and nearly the entire team went in the first round.I think he definitely has the potential for an all-star game or two.

16. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

At least now we know that he doesn't mind playing for EMPTY SEATS. He will love Toyota Center. :p

17. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

Waaaaay more athletic than Patterson. He's listed as 6'10 in shoes with tremendous ball handling ability at his size. He also is well versed in GOING TO THE BASKET, a concept that PP has yet to grasp. He's also faster than the video portrays, but about the same speed you would expect a guy thats 6'10 to move.

18. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

A skinnier Rodney Rodgers.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

too much high school...

20. Rockets_4_life

For those complaining about to much high school, here's some college...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xfnsVuIghhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aszTWWSwRC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>