1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Interesting.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Maggette is an expiring and no longer can be viewed at a bad contract.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

So,
    Kyle Lowry (let's say worth #7)
    Luis Scola (let's say worth #15)
    Chase

gets us

Biyombo
    Maggette?

Maybe if Charlotte gets the 5 and we get the 2. Although I'm starting to believe Luis isn't going anywhere.

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

New Trade Proposal.

Toronto gets;

Lowry, Martin and #16

Houston gets;

Derozan, Calderon and #8 (Meyers Leonard)

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

1. Lowry, Bud, Hou pick for Gortat

2. Martin to Minny for Miller, Webster (both contracts expire by July), and 18th pick.

Draft Teague with 16th

Draft Ross with 18th

Sign Goran and Lee back. Possibly Camby as well. Waive Dally if necessary.

Dragic/Teague
    Lee/Ross
    Parsons/Morris
    Scola/Ppat/Dmo
    Gortat/Camby/Smith

6. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

- Trade Kyle Lowry, Kevin Martin, Patrick Patterson, Chase Budinger, Samuel Dalembert, & the 14th pick to the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard & Hedo Turkoglu.

- Draft Kendall Marshall with the 16th pick.

- Sign Deron Williams & Ray Allen.

- Resign Courtney Lee & Marcus Camby.

1) Deron Williams / Kendall Marshall
    2) Courtney Lee / Ray Allen
    3) Chandler Parsons / Marcus Morris
    4) Luis Scola / Donatas Motiejunas
    5) Dwight Howard / Marcus Camby

2 people like this.
  7. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Damn, that would be awesome ... :eek:

8. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I was pretty much thinking the same thing all last night while trying to get to sleep. Did not include Ray Allen or Kendall Marshall but it all revolved around keeping Scola, getting Howard and Deron, resigning Lee and Camby. Very nice trade proposal. I can't see how Orlando would turn that down if they did end up wanting to trade Howard at the draft.

Rep for you!

9. jopatmc

Can't sign DWill in that scenario. The only way to realistically sign DWill outright is to trade everybody except Parsons, Motie for Dwight and Hedo. Then sign Lee to a contract for about $3.5 million per season. Then you can sign DWill outright and still have bird's rights to negotiate with Dragic and sign him.

If you don't do this, you've got to let Dragic walk. In my opinion, if we really want to contend we need to retain Dragic as part of our big 3 with DWill and Dwight.

So it basically comes down to this, if you are going to retain Scola, you've got to move everybody else out and renounce both Lee and Dragic to be able to sign DWill outright. Dwight and Hedo plus Fisher's dead money is over $31 million. Then when you add in Scola, that's $40 million. That leaves you with enough space to sign DWill and possibly retain Parsons. And that's it.

IF we are able to obtain Dwight, I suspect it will be with one or both of Lee and Goran still dangling out there with Bird's rights. This would allow us to at the very least work sign and trade deals for both guys. Because after we unload our roster for 3 guys, we are going to need players. So, we either re-sign Lee and Goran or we sign and trade them.

10. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I think Deron Williams jerseys are already on sale here in Dallas. They are so sure he is coming here to play with Dirk and they will trade for Howard. It is all that they talk about when they talk Mavs in Big D like Cuban already has Dwill locked up. I think our only shot at Dwill is to grab Howard and give him a choice. I would be perfectly fine having Howard and Dragic.

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

So it is pretty obvious they can clear salary to sign D-Will, but could they put a competitive team around him? Dirk at ~$20 million and D-Will at $18 million does not leave much room for the other 7 guys you need to fill out a rotation.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Sam/PPat/1.5m for Okafor +10th... NO ditches Okafors contract and gets a young rookie scale contract and either Sam as a stopgap or buy him out (which we'll pay for) and get the capspace...

Kmart/Bud for Derrick Williams and Ridnour or Barea....Minnie loses some depth but solidifies their starting 5 by getting RA's pet at sg... (we may need to add a pick...see below...)

Klow/Scola/#10 for JSmith/#23.....Atl gets something for JSmith before his contract expires - Scola to fll the hole, Klow to tandem with Teague, and a top 10 pick...

(and if any of those trades dont fly.... u can still sweeten a deal by adding #16 - and hopefully pulling back at least a second or future pick... plus youve also got future Dallas first to toss in if needed...)

resign Dragic/CLee, bring over Dmo...

draft Rivers at 14 (if Rivers is going to go earlier - draft him at 10 and do ATl deal for 14 + Dallas future) and Melo at 23 (or draft him at 16 and use 23 as the sweetner...)

approx salaries...
    Dragic (8M)/Barea or Ridnour (4M)
    CLee (6M) / Rivers (2M)
    Parsons (1M)/MMo (2M)
    JSmith (13M)/DWill (5M)/DMo (1.5M)
    Okafor (13.5)/Melo (1.5)/DMo
    ....and under the cap...if Camby wants to give us a sweetheart deal and Les wants to go a bit over the cap, then we add some depth at center and let Melo work the developmental league...
    ...if JSmith walks at end of year, DWill n DMo should be ready to move up in the rotation...

Not a blockbuster team... but plenty of upside and potential....

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I wonder if this is a good second option to not landing Howard and or d will...

Trade Lowry , dalembert and bud or Morris

For

Deng and sign and n trade Asik

(might need to include no 16)

Dragic
    Lee / martin
    Deng/parsons
    Dmo/scola
    Asik/ camby

Still have no 14 pick at least

14. jopatmc

I'd rather pick up Zeller and a SG (Fournier or that kid from Washington) with our picks then trade Lowry and Scola and Martin for the best deals available. Or package Lowry with #14 to move up and take Beal, then hope Zeller is available with our other pick.

15. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Miami did it!!!

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

The Chicago Bulls are thinking about trading Luol Deng for a high draft pick

17. ROXTXIA

As much as Deng makes, and thinking about teams with cap room, and remembering Toronto's wish for a veteran 3, seems like Chicago and Toronto's GMs might be talking.

Depends, too, on whether that other team (Toronto or whomever) can abide Deng's waiting to have surgery til after the Olympics.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

From Bulls.com Sam Smith

....But one team that does and has been desperately seeking one is the Rockets. The talk is they’ll make another run at Pau Gasol and maybe even get into the Dwight Howard sweepstakes whether Howard will resign with them or not. After all, maybe they figure after one season in Houston he’ll see the mosquitoes are only the size of rats compared with the size of eagles in Orlando. The Howard saga has been quiet with the Finals. But next week it figures to blow wide open again. The Rockets, meanwhile, have eyed restricted free agent Omer Asik at times. And while I’ve generally maintained keeping the bigs is a Bulls’ edge, perhaps they should look at a move with the Rockets. Though maybe the guy should be Noah. The Bulls can match offers on Asik, who basically is not worth the money the few minutes he plays as a fourth big behind Noah, Taj Gibson and Carlos Boozer. Is that a luxury the Bulls can afford with Derrick Rose out? Maybe it is. There’s talk of the Bulls trading into the lottery, though that seems unlikely with so many top small forwards said to be available, like Rudy Gay, Andre Iguodala and Danny Granger. Maybe the place to aim is the Rockets with picks Nos. 14 and 16 and word they have no intention of using both. You get a shot at a good young big at one of the picks and then maybe you land with sign and trade possibilities Kyle Lowry or Goran Dragic and Courtney Lee, the latter a longtime Bulls favorite in trade rumors. Richard Hamilton could be in the deal, which also saves some money and maybe you can land a veteran big like Marcus Camby or Sam Dalembert for a year. If the Rockets can’t get Howard or Gasol, Noah would look pretty good to them. Though you’d hate to lose his energy and what he brings. I haven’t heard any word the Bulls have interest in trading Noah. But Houston may be the place to look if they want to deal and move up in the draft.

20. ROXTXIA

Sam Smith, you are usually just one notch above Bill Ingram in the credibility department. If I may borrow from HuggyBear in Starsky & Hutch, "That puts you at notch 1!"

But I'd take Noah, hell yes (if we didn't have to take on some crap player like Richard Hamilton). Will I hold my breath? It'd only be a trade the Bulls would make out of future luxury-tax desperation, and how far do they want to fall in a year while waiting for Derrick Rose to mend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.