Notices

Page 2 of 3
1 23

Tags:  2011, baseball, houston astros, j.a. happ, mlb Tags
juicystream is offline Old 05-06-2012, 10:28 PM
    Reply With Quote   #21
juicystream
Contributing Member
juicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
The only reason Gose still looks good is because he is still in the minors and being rated as a high prospect as such. If Wallace had never made the majors, he would still be ranked in the minors top 50 too.

Gose stinks, just as Wallace does. Gose makes Villar look like Willie Mays.
Gose is 21 in AAA, plays a premium position, and has 5 tool potential. Gose his 16HR and stole 70 bases last year in AA. That's pretty damn good for a 20 year old.

Wallace is 25.

Sponsored Link
Bigpetelikeiron is offline Old 05-07-2012, 04:26 AM
    Reply With Quote   #22
Bigpetelikeiron
Bigpetelikeiron is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24805
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicystream View Post
You do know that the year of the trade, Oswalt was ridiculously dominate for the Phillies, right? They were trailing the Braves at the time, and ended up winning the division by 6 games.

I'd say the deal worked out for them.
Yes I do. I also remember that they did not win a championship. I also know that has we kept Oswalt our team was still not good enough to win a championship. The trade didn't matter. It didn't work out for either team. I for one hated the trade because I loved Roy Oswalt as a player but was happy to see him go somewhere to get a chance to win it all. He still has not. The Astros are now well into rebuilding. The trade is neither good or bad.

TheChosenOne is offline Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 AM
    Reply With Quote   #23
TheChosenOne
Contributing Member
TheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46709
Sucks big ol' DONKEY BALLLLSSSS

conquistador#11 is offline Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 AM
    Reply With Quote   #24
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
i'm always unhapp-y when he pitches. part ways with him.

juicystream is offline Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 AM
    Reply With Quote   #25
juicystream
Contributing Member
juicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpetelikeiron View Post
Yes I do. I also remember that they did not win a championship. I also know that has we kept Oswalt our team was still not good enough to win a championship. The trade didn't matter. It didn't work out for either team. I for one hated the trade because I loved Roy Oswalt as a player but was happy to see him go somewhere to get a chance to win it all. He still has not. The Astros are now well into rebuilding. The trade is neither good or bad.
Does any trade where the team doesn't win a championship a failure?

Would you consider the Beltran trade a failure because we didn't win the WS?

Astrocreep2012 is offline Old 05-07-2012, 03:28 PM
    Reply With Quote   #26
Astrocreep2012
Astrocreep2012 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2012
Member: #50829
He's had 4 Quality starts. And the other, he allowed 4 runs in 5 innings.

This Cardinal game has been the only game where he looked clueless.

AND "this just in" The Cardinals can HIT! (I hate them)

tellitlikeitis is offline Old 05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
    Reply With Quote   #27
tellitlikeitis
Contributing Member
tellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrocreep2012 View Post
He's had 4 Quality starts. And the other, he allowed 4 runs in 5 innings.

This Cardinal game has been the only game where he looked clueless.

AND "this just in" The Cardinals can HIT! (I hate them)
3 of which were bare minimum quality starts. Well, the one he threw last week, he went 6 1/3. Happ has been decidedly mediocre to be honest. Gets a fair share of strikeouts and his command issues.

Bigpetelikeiron is offline Old 05-07-2012, 09:49 PM
    Reply With Quote   #28
Bigpetelikeiron
Bigpetelikeiron is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24805
Quote:
Does any trade where the team doesn't win a championship a failure?

Would you consider the Beltran trade a failure because we didn't win the WS?
I wouldn't say it is a failure but I would say it isn't worth feeling like you are on the losing end of a trade when you haven't really lost much and the other team certainly didn't gain much. It would make more sense saying the trade looks bad if Roy O had gone to the Phillies and won 23 games, a Cy Young and the World Series and we have what we have. That didn't happen so the whole thing isn't even worth viewing in that light. That just my opinion of course and does not have to shared.

Montaro is offline Old 05-08-2012, 12:01 AM
    Reply With Quote   #29
Montaro
Montaro is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMontaro is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46650
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713 View Post
That trade with Oswalt is not looking so good.
If there's one guy to blame for that, it's this guy.

"First Houston fan to celebrate in here gets a lifetime ban, and I might get a little carried away with how far i take the IP ban. Could be all of Texas..." - by 24, moderator on Lakersground.net moments after USAToday reported Dwight chose Houston.

juicystream is offline Old 05-08-2012, 07:17 AM
    Reply With Quote   #30
juicystream
Contributing Member
I think Wade will be looked back upon much better as time goes on. I wouldn't want him as a contender, but I think he made mostly good trades and when finally asked to rebuild, he did it quickly.

Astrocreep2012 is offline Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 AM
    Reply With Quote   #31
Astrocreep2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellitlikeitis View Post
3 of which were bare minimum quality starts. Well, the one he threw last week, he went 6 1/3. Happ has been decidedly mediocre to be honest. Gets a fair share of strikeouts and his command issues.
You do realize, he probably didn't choose to exit the game, he was pulled by the coach?

MadMax is offline Old 05-08-2012, 09:49 AM
    Reply With Quote   #32
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaro View Post
If there's one guy to blame for that, it's this guy.

seriously? we got our 2 top prospects out of that trade.

kaleidosky is offline Old 05-08-2012, 10:03 AM
    Reply With Quote   #33
kaleidosky
Contributing Member
kaleidosky is James Harden -- racking up the pointskaleidosky is James Harden -- racking up the pointskaleidosky is James Harden -- racking up the pointskaleidosky is James Harden -- racking up the pointskaleidosky is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3592
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
seriously? we got our 2 top prospects out of that trade.
yeah i don't get the problem. That's seriously the LAST trade you should take issue with out of the last few years

ClutchFans 2013 Fantasy Baseball: 3-Teams per Owner Champion

juicystream is offline Old 05-08-2012, 10:15 AM
    Reply With Quote   #34
juicystream
Contributing Member
Quote:
You do realize, he probably didn't choose to exit the game, he was pulled by the coach?
He was over 100 pitches in all those starts except his first. That is a product of Happ being inefficient. Not to mention Happ probably allows more runs if allowed to stay in those games.

jim1961 is offline Old 05-08-2012, 10:39 AM
    Reply With Quote   #35
jim1961
jim1961 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejim1961 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejim1961 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44950
Thinking about this more, and looking at the greater plan at work, I think you keep Happ and let him pitch until someone on the farm is ready to take the slot on an every day basis. Despite our better than expected record and performance thus far this year, we are not heading to the playoffs. We are instead, aligning ourselves to have the right set of players peak together at some future point (2-3 years?). What our record is, or Happs performance is this year is really meaningless.

Astrocreep2012 is offline Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 AM
    Reply With Quote   #36
Astrocreep2012
Quote:
He was over 100 pitches in all those starts except his first. That is a product of Happ being inefficient. Not to mention Happ probably allows more runs if allowed to stay in those games.

I'll take 6 innings and 3 runs, ALL YEAR from him. You have to give him atleast 5 more starts to see if he can go back to 6/3.

juicystream is offline Old 05-08-2012, 10:58 AM
    Reply With Quote   #37
juicystream
Contributing Member
Quote:
I'll take 6 innings and 3 runs, ALL YEAR from him. You have to give him atleast 5 more starts to see if he can go back to 6/3.
I would to, but that really isn't that valuable when you have 4-5 guys who are younger and capable of the same production knocking on the door.

Astrocreep2012 is offline Old 05-08-2012, 11:10 AM
    Reply With Quote   #38
Astrocreep2012
Quote:
I would to, but that really isn't that valuable when you have 4-5 guys who are younger and capable of the same production knocking on the door.
Not doubting you. But tell me who?

Clemens (SP?) and Lyles are all I know about. (that were that close)

juicystream is offline Old 05-08-2012, 11:29 AM
    Reply With Quote   #39
juicystream
Contributing Member
Quote:
Not doubting you. But tell me who?

Clemens (SP?) and Lyles are all I know about. (that were that close)
Clemens
Lyles
Sosa
Keuchel
Rodriguez

Any of them could probably post an ERA around 5 like Happ has been doing. I'm not sweating it right now though. If we go into June, and his ERA is over 5, I'm at least considering moving him to the pen.

Astrocreep2012 is offline Old 05-08-2012, 01:29 PM
    Reply With Quote   #40
Astrocreep2012
Quote:
Clemens
Lyles
Sosa
Keuchel
Rodriguez

Any of them could probably post an ERA around 5 like Happ has been doing. I'm not sweating it right now though. If we go into June, and his ERA is over 5, I'm at least considering moving him to the pen.

The Astros need a "On the Farm" Podcast or something...I haven't heard anything about Keuchel, and he's having a great year.

Page 2 of 3
1 23