Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

Men's clothing question regarding fit
travfrancis is offline Old 05-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
travfrancis
travfrancis is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3019

The picture above is not of me but the way the shirt fits on him with the crease is exactly like it does for all of my shirts. I even went so far as to customize a shirt from the same company that produced the graphic above about "square shoulders" and selected the square shoulder adjustment but the shirt still has the poor fit wrinkle.

Does anyone have any insight on this? It's driving me crazy that all of my shirts have this crease in them.

Sponsored Link
Jontro is online now Old 05-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
The one on the left looks more successful.

pmac is offline Old 05-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
pmac
Contributing Member
pmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25927
It's not really the fit as much as size. The clothes on the left are just too big. The guy pictured is skinny build so he can't expect to look as good in closely fitted clothing as a guy who has some muscle.

krnxsnoopy is offline Old 05-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
krnxsnoopy
Contributing Member
krnxsnoopy is James Harden -- racking up the pointskrnxsnoopy is James Harden -- racking up the pointskrnxsnoopy is James Harden -- racking up the pointskrnxsnoopy is James Harden -- racking up the pointskrnxsnoopy is James Harden -- racking up the pointskrnxsnoopy is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2005
Member: #16206
Slim fit FTW.. its a more flattering fit given you aren't extremely fat or extremely skinny.

If you are decently fit the slim fit looks better.

Mr. Brightside is offline Old 05-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
Mr. Brightside
Contributing Member
Mr. Brightside is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Brightside is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Brightside is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Brightside is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Brightside is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Brightside is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Brightside is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Brightside is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Brightside is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Brightside is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Brightside is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Mar 2005
Member: #16125
Confused here. I thought twins always dress alike?

LCII is offline Old 05-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #6
LCII
Contributing Member
LCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20646
No one is gonna care that your shirts have those lines. As long as you know the popular style now is form fitting/slim fitting shirts, you're good.

eMat is offline Old 05-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
eMat
Contributing Member
eMat is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25958
LOL! I have never noticed such an insignificant detail. My girlfriend says that neither has she. Why make a big deal out of this?

Stack24 is offline Old 05-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #8
Stack24
Contributing Member
Stack24 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneStack24 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneStack24 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneStack24 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneStack24 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneStack24 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13326
At the end of the day the only way you are going to get the exact fit you see models and stuff have is to have your shirts and pants all custom made to fit your body perfectly.

I love fashion myself but damn that is one thing I would never care about personally. Something 1% of the population might not even notice or even care about.

But to each their own.

cheke64 is offline Old 05-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
cheke64
cheke64 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcheke64 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcheke64 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcheke64 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcheke64 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcheke64 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcheke64 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcheke64 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcheke64 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcheke64 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: May 2009
Member: #42238
Left guy is lame and right is a douche. Pick your poison

Jontro is online now Old 05-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
I dress like the guy to the right when I go to work. Without the "Dat Ass" look though. He looks like he's way too proud of his look in that one. And wearing no shirt under a button up just irks the hell out of me.

RV6 is offline Old 05-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
I'm pretty sure he just needs to button up his shirt. Are you not doing the same?

Beck is offline Old 05-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
Beck
Contributing Member
Beck is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #23
Shouldn't your shoulders be wider than your waist?

Yonkers is online now Old 05-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #13
Yonkers
Contributing Member
Yonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5020
Right guy has white man's overbite. Maybe he thinks he's dancing.

CCorn is offline Old 05-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
CCorn
Contributing Member
CCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47978
The guy on the left needs to tie his shoes.

Occupy Unsorted

cdastros is online now Old 05-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #15
cdastros
cdastros is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7898
You could ask the people at http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/

BrieflySpeaking is offline Old 05-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
BrieflySpeaking
Contributing Member
BrieflySpeaking is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBrieflySpeaking is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBrieflySpeaking is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBrieflySpeaking is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBrieflySpeaking is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2003
Member: #13622
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheke64 View Post
Left guy is lame and right is a douche. Pick your poison
oh he mad

Cold Hard is offline Old 05-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #17
Cold Hard
Cold Hard is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1844
Both guys look foolish.

The guy on the left's shirt is too big at the waist, and he needs to tie his shoes and he needs to get his shoes shined.

The guy on the right doesn't look like he's wearing an undershirt. He also needs to iron his pants.

cdeezballz is offline Old 05-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #18
cdeezballz
cdeezballz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44760
I dress like the guy on the left and have no complaints from the ladies about my straight "line"

LonghornFan is online now Old 05-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #19
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontro View Post
And wearing no shirt under a button up just irks the hell out of me.
Yeah, no T in that is awful looking. You wear a V-Neck. I'm all slim fit, I don't have my shirts custom made but I do shop around a lot. Wearing a t-shirt with a short sleeve or whatever, that's fine. You don't wear one with a long sleeve unless it's a V.

Unless you're in high school. Or Swoly. He just does everything wrong.

BTW- What kind of shirts are you wearing? Do you dry clean them or wash and iron yourself? I've never had a shirt fit like that on me. Looks trashy as ****.

heypartner is offline Old 05-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #920
It's all about the shoes.

So the guy on the left...first off...needs to learn how to tie his shoe laces. Secondly...buy new shoes.

and guy on the left...get your hands out of your pockets. sheesh

guy on the right...that shirt sucks...and is too tight. It is what a Colombian drug cartel runner would wear,,,or a guy gay with no fashion sense.

Last edited by heypartner; 05-05-2012 at 11:44 PM.