ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Let's send Rocketgirl to the Draft lottery!
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, daryl morey, draft, facebook, fun, houston rockets, lottery, nba, twitter Tags
mrm32 is offline Old 05-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #101
mrm32
mrm32 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmrm32 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmrm32 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmrm32 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmrm32 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18270
Send me. I'm 23 and have been living in Houston for all of my 23 years of life.

Sponsored Link
Easy is offline Old 05-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #102
Easy
Contributing Member
Easy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6116
I can't believe all the rude comments about Rocketgirl. What has she done to deserve being dissed? She's not some obnoxious poster here like you-know-who. All she does here is posting interesting pictures and stuff like that.

Even if you don't agree that sending a fan is a good idea, do you really have to put her down?

RV6 is offline Old 05-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #103
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung-T View Post
The "kid" was the dead sick son of the owner, had the best moment of his life and they raised awareness of the disease. How can anyone compare this to a random fan or hate on it?
Are you saying he's dead or that he was near death sick?

I'm comparing how well each represents/represented their respective basketball team, not whether it was a nice gesture or not. If a team wants to make an exception or raise awareness, then it's their choice, but remember the point is to represent the team. and for that reason, sending a popular and proven die-hard fan is not a bad choice.

Last edited by RV6; 05-05-2012 at 12:46 PM.

heypartner is online now Old 05-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #104
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullcourt View Post
If we send a fan, it should be either
A) a person with a heart warming story
B) a kid
C) a contest winner
D) a spontaneous movement by fans to elect a fan, which then becomes (A) a heart-warming story.

btw: she already (C) won a contest to become a Red Rowdy.

OlajuwonFan81 is offline Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #105
OlajuwonFan81
OlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
I can't believe all the rude comments about Rocketgirl. What has she done to deserve being dissed? She's not some obnoxious poster here like you-know-who. All she does here is posting interesting pictures and stuff like that.

Even if you don't agree that sending a fan is a good idea, do you really have to put her down?
The rude comments are unwarranted but people have a right to voice their displeasure with sending her to the draft lottery. This is a message forum you will get varying opinions. I personally would love to see her but its not gonna happen so why bother.....

I trade 4 or sign Dwight Howard all day. Everyday.

Air Langhi is online now Old 05-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #106
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
Quote:
Originally Posted by rofflesaurus View Post
wtf rocketgirl is far from pretty lmao
Haters have come out in full force.

plutoblue11 is offline Old 05-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #107
plutoblue11
plutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2006
Member: #19851
I like the idea of sending a fan to draft lottery. It's a unique idea, sending Clutch or 00Rocketgirl would be fun.

Well, @guardian it makes for a nice change...at least I didn't wake up to the internet telling me I was dead again.

— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) February 18, 2014

Yung-T is online now Old 05-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #108
Yung-T
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40202
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
Are you saying he's dead or that he was near death sick?

I'm comparing how well each represents/represented their respective basketball team, not whether it was a nice gesture or not. If a team wants to make an exception or raise awareness, then it's their choice, but remember the point is to represent the team. and for that reason, sending a popular and proven die-hard fan is not a bad choice.
My bad, meant death sick. He has a rare syndrome that causes tumors to grow in all areas of his body. He's still alive.

And I said I have nothing against sending a fan t o the draft, I think it's a nice gesture.

I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.

CF Draft:

fallenphoenix is online now Old 05-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #109
fallenphoenix
Contributing Member
fallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42673
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDakota View Post
Yeah, owning and selling three companies and retiring at 42 clearly proves that.

The internet is a mixed bag of folks.

DD
how does that make morey your "peer". if you think that what you said has anything to do with anything, then you really are delusional.

Kam is offline Old 05-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #110
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
Quote:
Jealous, are you ****ting me? LOL - seriously HP, you could not be more wrong.

I don't get jealous or get autographs or attach any value to people as anything more than people.

That is just funny, I view Morey as a peer.....nothing more.

That is lol funny>

DD
You guys are shaped like bottom fat fruits, who cares.

‹^›ςΏσ‹^›

CCorn is online now Old 05-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #111
CCorn
Contributing Member
CCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47978
Why are people resorting to personal attacks, if you don't like the idea just say I don't like the idea.

DD actually made a logical point to why he disagrees, but the others that are just being mean... Grow up.

Occupy Unsorted

fallenphoenix is online now Old 05-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #112
fallenphoenix
Contributing Member
fallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCorn View Post
Why are people resorting to personal attacks, if you don't like the idea just say I don't like the idea.

DD actually made a logical point to why he disagrees, but the others that are just being mean... Grow up.
sorry mrs. mcgee... i mean mrs. DD

i don't think it's mean to expect someone to back up their statements, especially at the rate DD posts.

CCorn is online now Old 05-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #113
CCorn
Contributing Member
CCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenphoenix View Post
sorry mrs. mcgee... i mean mrs. DD

i don't think it's mean to expect someone to back up their statements, especially at the rate DD posts.
I was saying if you don't like the idea don't talk down about people. DD never said anything mean about anyone unlike others have been.

Occupy Unsorted

fallenphoenix is online now Old 05-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #114
fallenphoenix
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCorn View Post
I was saying if you don't like the idea don't talk down about people. DD never said anything mean about anyone unlike others have been.
i don't know if you were talking about my comment, but it wasn't meant to be a personal attack like that. i wasn't actually saying he isn't smart. judging by DD's response, he took it the wrong way. i just meant that he makes a lot of self-assuming statements about himself.

rolyat93 is offline Old 05-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #115
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Member: #47852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Langhi View Post
Haters have come out in full force.
Keyboard warriors, everyone's a badass behind a computer screen.

Rockets0515 is offline Old 05-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #116
Rockets0515
Rockets0515 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26901
No. Send someone that wont get us laughed at. My vote is for Parsons.

CCorn is online now Old 05-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #117
CCorn
Contributing Member
Quote:
i don't know if you were talking about my comment, but it wasn't meant to be a personal attack like that. i wasn't actually saying he isn't smart. judging by DD's response, he took it the wrong way. i just meant that he makes a lot of self-assuming statements about himself.
I didn't notice anyone attacking DD really, I was talking about people saying bad stuff about other people. I don't want to say names, but it was very childish what they said.

Occupy Unsorted

DaDakota is online now Old 05-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #118
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
Quote:
how does that make morey your "peer". if you think that what you said has anything to do with anything, then you really are delusional.
I mean I don't have any fandom for Morey, or anyone for that matter, they are all just people, etc...

That is what I meant....

DD

sammy is offline Old 05-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #119
sammy
Contributing Member
sammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5635
Quote:
I mean I don't have any fandom for Morey, or anyone for that matter, they are all just people, etc...

That is what I meant....
No ish Sherlock

Btw, I consider Obama, Charlie Sheen and Bill Gates as a select few of my peers. They barely made my list.

fallenphoenix is online now Old 05-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #120
fallenphoenix
Contributing Member
Quote:

That is what I meant....

DD
fair enough.