ClutchFans
un:
pw:
ClutchFans
Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Notices

Page 2 of 4
1 234

Tags:  andre johnson, ben tate, brandon brooks, brooks reed, connor barwin, demeco ryans, football, houston texans, j.j. watt, jacoby jones, kareem jackson, nfl Tags
rsx_htown is offline Old 05-05-2012, 09:08 AM
    Reply With Quote   #21
rsx_htown
Contributing Member
rsx_htown is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2005
Member: #16323
Quote:
Originally Posted by moestavern19 View Post
Casey sucks bad. Probably because he spent too much time at thug U.
Rice?

Sponsored Link
Joe Joe is offline Old 05-05-2012, 09:29 AM
    Reply With Quote   #22
Joe Joe
Contributing Member
Joe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJoe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJoe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJoe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJoe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJoe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 1999
Member: #467
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx_htown View Post
Rice?
bigtexx is a huge fan of Rice and is not the most objective person on Rice and Texas. People don't always respond objectively to what he posts. On the issue of Casey, I think he is very accurate.

rsx_htown is offline Old 05-05-2012, 09:33 AM
    Reply With Quote   #23
rsx_htown
Contributing Member
rsx_htown is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2005
Member: #16323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe View Post
bigtexx is a huge fan of Rice and is not the most objective person on Rice and Texas. People don't always respond objectively to what he posts. On the issue of Casey, I think he is very accurate.
Ahh, I undertand.

conquistador#11 is offline Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 AM
    Reply With Quote   #24
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
i'm telling you guys, nfl star, kareem will be an ambiturner this season. He will turn his head around, left and right, to make a play on the ball. It will be the most beautiful thing . He showed me he could do it in the playoffs now he just to be consistent with it. As for his no catch up speed, he won't get burned. no QB in on earth with the exception of flash gordon will live to complete a 60 yard pass. Not with the Son of Bum around.

Casey will have a great year lining up at fullback and going in motion...how are they going to stop that?

With wade and an entire off season to implement more of his genius, I don't see who busts on the defensive side. The man just puts everyone in the right position to triumph.

the right side of the line, guard to be specific, that's another story. I can see Caldwell struggling.

Spacemoth is offline Old 05-05-2012, 12:01 PM
    Reply With Quote   #25
Spacemoth
Contributing Member
Spacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24898
It's amazing how much better a pass rush will make our CB's look.

Kareem Jackson "breaks out" in that he doesn't lay the turd in the punchbowl when given full time reps.

I think Reed might be in for a bit of a sophomore slump. People will figure him out; I'm SOOO thankful Wade forced the hand of management to draft another pass rusher early. You can find a fast receiver or a big lineman throughout the draft, but physical specimens like Mercilus are first round material. Add the production in there and my bet is for him to win the starting job over Reed by midseason.

Other potential guys I'd be looking at to improve: Caldwell, Carmichael,

Guys with a chance of sucking more this year than last: Wade Smith, Shawn Cody, Ben Tate, Chris Myers

Surprising rookies: Rare under this coaching staff, but my prediction would be for Crick to make the largest contribution by week 4 and for Martin to be the biggest contributor by week 12. It's great because this year every single one of our draft picks is essentially depth, but if one of them clearly proves himself then the spot that he's fighting for isn't taken by such an all-pro that he can't win it outright. And on defense, you can never have too much depth. It just makes your rotation larger and the opposing offense that much more tired.

Joe Joe is offline Old 05-05-2012, 12:13 PM
    Reply With Quote   #26
Joe Joe
Contributing Member
Joe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJoe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJoe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJoe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJoe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJoe Joe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 1999
Member: #467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemoth View Post
Surprising rookies: Rare under this coaching staff, but my prediction would be for Crick to make the largest contribution by week 4 and for Martin to be the biggest contributor by week 12. It's great because this year every single one of our draft picks is essentially depth, but if one of them clearly proves himself then the spot that he's fighting for isn't taken by such an all-pro that he can't win it outright. And on defense, you can never have too much depth. It just makes your rotation larger and the opposing offense that much more tired.
I find Crick to be interesting. He may not be the best against double teams, but the Texans front seven should make give him plenty of opportunity to work one on one.

Raven Lunatic is offline Old 05-05-2012, 03:45 PM
    Reply With Quote   #27
Raven Lunatic
Contributing Member
Raven Lunatic is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRaven Lunatic is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRaven Lunatic is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRaven Lunatic is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1589
I think Brooks Reed busts (which just gives way to Mercilus breaking out). I think Schaub "busts" in that his foot is not ready to get him on the field until mid season and even then he is so tentative on it that he is not effective.

I think Keshawn Martin breaks out as well as Earl Mitchell.

You'll be amazed at the friends you have there on your trip.

Commodore is offline Old 05-05-2012, 04:12 PM
    Reply With Quote   #28
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
Kubiak seems very high on Jean

Phillyrocket is offline Old 05-05-2012, 08:23 PM
    Reply With Quote   #29
Phillyrocket
Phillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4640
Brandon Harris is a guy who got very few chances last year but the staff is very high on him. Crick IMO will be a poor man's Watt and will eventually replace ninja who will be cut after this season. So I say Jackson, Crick, Mercilus, and Harris for breakouts. Ninja, Smith, and Caldwell for slumps.

justtxyank is offline Old 05-05-2012, 08:49 PM
    Reply With Quote   #30
justtxyank
Contributing Member
justtxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2005
Member: #16238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Lunatic View Post
I think Brooks Reed busts (which just gives way to Mercilus breaking out). I think Schaub "busts" in that his foot is not ready to get him on the field until mid season and even then he is so tentative on it that he is not effective.

So you think next year is basically a disaster?

tallanvor is offline Old 05-05-2012, 09:00 PM
    Reply With Quote   #31
tallanvor
Contributing Member
tallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Lunatic View Post

I agree that Brooks Reed will probably bust.

TEXNIFICENT is offline Old 05-05-2012, 11:05 PM
    Reply With Quote   #32
TEXNIFICENT
TEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32178
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
considering he's already done the first two things, its Superbowl or bust.
Uhhh....Are you serious? The guy has put up some good stats, but he's come small in critical situations plenty of times before. (I can think of at least few costly interceptions). And the last time I checked you got to win a few playoff games (pressure games) before you get to the Super Bowl. I like Schaub, but there are plenty of things Schaub can do to "break out".

DonnyMost is offline Old 05-05-2012, 11:24 PM
    Reply With Quote   #33
DonnyMost
Contributing Member
DonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 2003
Member: #12152
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXNIFICENT View Post
Uhhh....Are you serious? The guy has put up some good stats, but he's come small in critical situations plenty of times before.
This has been discussed and analyzed and shown about a dozen or more times in this forum. Schaub's clutch record is quite impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXNIFICENT View Post
And the last time I checked you got to win a few playoff games (pressure games) before you get to the Super Bowl. I like Schaub, but there are plenty of things Schaub can do to "break out".
So all he has to do to "break out" is get some team achievements checked off his list. Got it.

To me, "break out" means you perform well after having not played at a note-worthy level before. Schaub has been a top 10 QB for years. His performance expectations can't get much higher. If he has a Brady or Manning-esqe year with a 100QBR and 40+ TDs, then that might qualify, but short of team achievements (which are unfair to place solely on him), there's not much else he can do to "break out" or advance his play.

Last edited by DonnyMost; 05-05-2012 at 11:34 PM.

pradaxpimp is offline Old 05-06-2012, 10:12 AM
    Reply With Quote   #34
pradaxpimp
Contributing Member
pradaxpimp is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finepradaxpimp is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6428
Chandler Parsons breakout and Scola flops next year.

You can book it.

arkoe is offline Old 05-06-2012, 01:10 PM
    Reply With Quote   #35
arkoe
Contributing Member
arkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donearkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donearkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donearkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donearkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donearkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2001
Member: #3346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
To me, "break out" means you perform well after having not played at a note-worthy level before. Schaub has been a top 10 QB for years. His performance expectations can't get much higher. If he has a Brady or Manning-esqe year with a 100QBR and 40+ TDs, then that might qualify, but short of team achievements (which are unfair to place solely on him), there's not much else he can do to "break out" or advance his play.
It remains to be seen how he comes back in terms of his injury though. Will he be his old self, or merely a shadow of the player he was before the injury? I largely agree with you on defining "break out", but in terms of how he comes back from his injury... I hope he does have a break out year.

Ziggy is offline Old 05-06-2012, 01:37 PM
    Reply With Quote   #36
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
Breakouts - Graham, Harris, Crick, Brooks, Bullock. I think you could put Sharpton here too but I'm not sure how much tie James will take away from him.

Busts - all the rookies WR's.

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

ROXRAN is offline Old 05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
    Reply With Quote   #37
ROXRAN
Contributing Member
ROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2000
Member: #1945
Break out:
This may be surprising considering Arian is already considered by many as the best overall RB, but I think Arian takes his production to another ridiculous level ... something like 1800+ rushing yards with 500+ yards receiving, 20 TD -if he does this and gets 2500 yards from scrimmage, a serious MVP threat

Mercilus Whitney - I think he will outshine, and exceed some expectations

Defense as a whole - I think overall, the defensive players and scheme will be even better- Watt had his break out in the 2nd have of last year- he will continue to shine

Posey - not sure if he will have extreme star numbers but think he can exceed some thoughts about him overall

Flops:
Brooks Reed - who knows he may play lights out & I could be wrong, but he slowed down a bit last year in 2nd half- I think Whitney makes it difficult as well

All the WR's except Posey - I just don't see them contributing so much as Posey, and when you have proven weapons in AJ, Arian, Casey, Daniels, opportunity will be limited- not that this is really a flop, but you get the idea

Can't freaking wait for season! ! !

josephnicks is offline Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 PM
    Reply With Quote   #38
josephnicks
josephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47394
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROXRAN View Post
Flops:
Brooks Reed - who knows he may play lights out & I could be wrong, but he slowed down a bit last year in 2nd half- I think Whitney makes it difficult as well
!
yup he slowed down.. he only had 2 AND A HALF sacks in the baltimore game and 3.5 in the playoffs.. shame on him..

ROXRAN is offline Old 05-06-2012, 06:47 PM
    Reply With Quote   #39
ROXRAN
Contributing Member
ROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2000
Member: #1945
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephnicks View Post
yup he slowed down.. he only had 2 AND A HALF sacks in the baltimore game and 3.5 in the playoffs.. shame on him..
well, it appeared he slowed down to me but he did have a surge in those games you mentioned. but overall, he and Watt shined very well - If Whitney plays lights out, it may diminish Reeds' productivity (i.e. numbers), but if Reed & Whitney plays on fire, then that will be something! Hope I'm wrong on anyone "flopping"....& can't wait for season ! !

Hey Now! is offline Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
    Reply With Quote   #40
Hey Now!
Contributing Member
Hey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2000
Member: #1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemoth View Post
I'm SOOO thankful Wade forced the hand of management to draft another pass rusher early. You can find a fast receiver or a big lineman throughout the draft, but physical specimens like Mercilus are first round material.
Yes, because if there was one thing this regime, pre-Wade, was known for, it was drafting WRs and OL ahead of defensive players.

Page 2 of 4
1 234