ClutchFans
un:
pw:
ClutchFans
Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Notices

Page 4 of 5
« 23 45

Tags:  devier posey, football, houston, houston texans, nfl, nfl draft, texans, youtube Tags
DonnyMost is online now Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 AM
    Reply With Quote   #61
DonnyMost
Contributing Member
DonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 2003
Member: #12152
seems like a natural replacement for Kevin Walter in 2014.

Sponsored Link
FLASH21 is offline Old 04-28-2012, 09:20 AM
    Reply With Quote   #62
FLASH21
FLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31877
Quote:
Originally Posted by MourningWood View Post
Posey on Twitter...
Eeesh, would not wanna be the recipient of the responses to THAT statement.

Hopefully he's not the only receiver we pick up, really hoping we go after a project with high potential i.e. Tommy Streeter.

Ha!

Every time I see James I get a little Harden.

DieHard Rocket is online now Old 04-28-2012, 11:54 AM
    Reply With Quote   #63
DieHard Rocket
Contributing Member
DieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1882
Here is the 610 interview with Posey. Great listen. (bottom of article)

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/04/...ted-by-texans/

NewRoxFan is offline Old 04-28-2012, 01:21 PM
    Reply With Quote   #64
NewRoxFan
Contributing Member
NewRoxFan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineNewRoxFan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineNewRoxFan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3523
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRoxFan View Post
I am OK with the pick but I'd like the Texans to get a speed receiver to stretch the defense.
Heh... Keyshawn Martin... Mission Accomplished.

REEKO_HTOWN is online now Old 04-28-2012, 05:28 PM
    Reply With Quote   #65
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #32179
I hope we didn't just replace Jacoby Jones with well, Jacoby Jones.

tallanvor is offline Old 04-28-2012, 05:35 PM
    Reply With Quote   #66
tallanvor
Contributing Member
tallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25649
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEKO_HTOWN View Post
I hope we didn't just replace Jacoby Jones with well, Jacoby Jones.
why? we would be saving tons of money for the same production.

REEKO_HTOWN is online now Old 04-28-2012, 05:45 PM
    Reply With Quote   #67
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #32179
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
why? we would be saving tons of money for the same production.
The problem was never money but production.

Rip Van Rocket is offline Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 PM
    Reply With Quote   #68
Rip Van Rocket
Contributing Member
Rip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2002
Member: #4070
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimbaud View Post
The only problem with your theory is Kubes has no track record with receivers. Name one good one drafted during the Kubiak era.
You are correct, Kubiak has very little track record drafting WR's period. He's drafted one bad one and no good ones in rounds 1-5. Since Kubiak got here in 2006, the Texans have only drafted one WR before the 6th round. That one pick was Jacoby Jones. It's not like Kubiak has had multiple screw ups picking WR's in the draft.

2006-David Anderson(7th)
2007-Jacoby Jones(3rd)
2010-Dorin Dickerson(7th)
2010-Holliday(6th)

And Dickerson was really a tight end/wide receiver. I have high hopes that at least one of our two new WR's will make an immediate impact. It's about time we drafted some quality receivers.

Last edited by Rip Van Rocket; 04-28-2012 at 09:02 PM.

HayesStreet is offline Old 04-29-2012, 02:22 PM
    Reply With Quote   #69
HayesStreet
Contributing Member
HayesStreet is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHayesStreet is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2671
I read that he continued to be a leader on the practice field and locker room for younger players through his suspension last year. I like the sound of that - apparently he focused on helping the younger players.

magnetik is offline Old 05-02-2012, 07:36 PM
    Reply With Quote   #70
magnetik
Contributing Member
magnetik is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmagnetik is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmagnetik is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmagnetik is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmagnetik is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2005
Member: #16293
awesome article on Posey... don't feel quite as nervous after reading it. He get's some mighty high comparisons from Tressel, who's coached some pretty good WR's.

LINK
Jim Tressel: DeVier Posey’s Character Should Not Be Questioned
Quote:
...It’s hard to say where Posey, who had put together back-to-back 800-yard receiving seasons as a sophomore and junior, would have gone in the draft. But Tressel says Posey compares very favorable to Notre Dame’s Michael Floyd, who went 13th overall to the Arizona Cardinals.

Tressel recruited Floyd during the same time as Posey so he has some frame reference for how the two compare.

“I thought Michael and DeVier were similar,” Tressel said. “I think Michael got heavier than DeVier but I don’t know that he has quite the fluidity that DeVier has.”

In fact Tressel went on to say DeVier stacks up fairly well to the five first-round wide receiver selections from Ohio State during his 10-year tenure. Michael Jenkins was taken in the first round by the Atlanta Falcons in 2004, Santonio Holmes was taken by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2006 and Anthony Gonzalez was selected by Indianapolis in 2007.

“I would say that DeVier is fluid like Gonzalez his explosiveness approaches Santonio,” Tressel said. “I think Santonio would have the edge in explosiveness. But I would expect DeVier to have a similar or even better career than Michael Jenkins has and Michael has been solid.”Posey comes into a situation where he doesn’t have to be instant star, just a player who can be a nice complement to veterans Kevin Walter and Johnson. His 4.4 speed and ability to make difficult catches should make Posey a viable target for quarterback Matt Schaub.

Tressel is certainly believes he can make an immediate impact.

"He has the ability to catch things that just had to be thrown to a certain spot because it couldn’t be thrown near the body. I think he does an excellent job there,” Tressel said. “He’s a smart player and I think he will be a very humble kid who will grab a hold of those veteran receivers and try to go to school on them. He’ll be a great citizen. I just think you got a steal.

“Had he not had his hiccup I think he would have been a first round pick. That’s my opinion.”

BetterThanI is offline Old 05-03-2012, 12:11 PM
    Reply With Quote   #71
BetterThanI
Contributing Member
BetterThanI is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBetterThanI is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBetterThanI is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBetterThanI is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBetterThanI is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBetterThanI is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBetterThanI is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBetterThanI is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24131
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetik View Post
awesome article on Posey... don't feel quite as nervous after reading it. He get's some mighty high comparisons from Tressel, who's coached some pretty good WR's.

LINK
Jim Tressel: DeVier Posey’s Character Should Not Be Questioned
A statement about character from Jim Tressel is not exactly a ringing endorsement. Having said that, I think the kid deserves a chance to prove himself in the NFL, and what better place to get it than here? I saw great chemistry and leadership in the Texans locker room last season. I think it's much more probable that the good character of guys like AJ will rub off on him, instead of the opposite.

The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.

Hey Now! is offline Old 05-03-2012, 01:08 PM
    Reply With Quote   #72
Hey Now!
Contributing Member
Hey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHey Now! is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2000
Member: #1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimbaud View Post
The only problem with your theory is Kubes has no track record with receivers. Name one good one drafted during the Kubiak era.
I think you're underrating his work with WRs. He inherited AJ, so that has obviously taken a considerable amount of pressure off him. But I think you could make a decent case that he turned an already great WR into a better one. He also plucked a former 7th round pick off the Bengals' bench and cranked out several above-average seasons from Kevin Walter. And, on a relevant note, has had ample success with Daniels and Dressen as pass-catching tight ends. And Denver won Super Bowls with UFA Rod Smith, 7th rounder Shannon Sharpe and 3rd rounder Ed McCafferty - Kubiak was their offensive coordinator.

He never elevated Jacoby Jones to anything beyond WR3 - but that may be as much Jones' fault as Kubiak's. One thing we do know is his system is terrific, and consistently puts players in position to succeed. If Posey is smart, runs good routes... he should be perfectly OK.

asianballa23 is offline Old 05-03-2012, 01:43 PM
    Reply With Quote   #73
asianballa23
asianballa23 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2003
Member: #12287
we should sign gaffney as an insurance.

bobmarley is offline Old 05-03-2012, 01:59 PM
    Reply With Quote   #74
bobmarley
Contributing Member
bobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13144
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianballa23 View Post

1st loser 2011-2012 DonnyMost NFL Pick 'Em
Winner 2009 Clutchfan's Second Chance NFL Pick 'Em

crose is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:03 PM
    Reply With Quote   #75
crose
Contributing Member
crose is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finecrose is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finecrose is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2005
Member: #16095
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianballa23 View Post
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...gland-patriots

...there goes the season

jEXCLUSIVE is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:19 PM
    Reply With Quote   #76
jEXCLUSIVE
jEXCLUSIVE is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36189
Quote:
Originally Posted by crose View Post
Wait... The Texans' season depended upon them signing Jabar Gaffney?

Ziggy is online now Old 05-03-2012, 02:25 PM
    Reply With Quote   #77
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
Put me down on the official not expecting much from Posey list.

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

rezdawg is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:42 PM
    Reply With Quote   #78
rezdawg
Contributing Member
rezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1294
So the patriots just signed their 8th receiver...very necessary move.

Mr. Clutch is offline Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM
    Reply With Quote   #79
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
Every scouting report says Posey adjusts to the ball and makes tough catches.

I like that.

Spacemoth is offline Old 05-03-2012, 04:31 PM
    Reply With Quote   #80
Spacemoth
Contributing Member
Spacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24898
I think he'll need some time, especially with our offensive coaching staff who rely on rookies as little as possible.

If anything, just based on footage I think Martin is much more pro-ready and a fit for the holes in our offense. Posey's going to have to wait his turn to do his thing in our offense, but the people that were lambasting Kendall Wright because he was not an X or potential #1 WR should be happy with it. I think Posey has an outside shot to be your prototypical #1, but Martin has a much more likely probability of taking that slot position and running off with it. And in the NFL these days, slot might be just as valuable as any other WR position (see Welker, Wes and Cruz, Victor).

Page 4 of 5
« 23 45