ClutchFans
un:
pw:
ClutchFans
Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Notices

Page 3 of 4
12 34

Tags:  case keenum, cool, football, houston texans, nfl, texans, video, youtube Tags
htownrox1 is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:18 PM
    Reply With Quote   #41
htownrox1
htownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43851
Well, the good thing is that Kubiak always carries 3 QBs so Keenum should make the roster for sure.

Sponsored Link
rezdawg is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:43 PM
    Reply With Quote   #42
rezdawg
Contributing Member
rezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1294
I don't see Keenum getting the 3rd spot without some competition. I think we will bring someone in to compete.

mokalus is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:49 PM
    Reply With Quote   #43
mokalus
mokalus is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47586
Even if Kubiak didn't carry around 3 QBs, Case Keenum would still make a better receiver than Jacoby did last year. But I've met Case, and he's a nice, down-to-earth guy. Glad he got signed, but I hope he doesn't see the field this year.

http://www.gymclassallstars.com/2012...se-keenum.html

MIAGI99 is offline Old 05-03-2012, 04:12 PM
    Reply With Quote   #44
MIAGI99
MIAGI99 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #32662
I can see him making the squad with his mental makeup just like T.J. Yates last year. Kubes likes guys who are mentally strong i.e. Ben Jones in this draft. He can work on their ability and has proven that.

rrj_gamz is offline Old 05-06-2012, 12:12 PM
    Reply With Quote   #45
rrj_gamz
Contributing Member
rrj_gamz is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrrj_gamz is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision340 View Post
"Coach, that's Houston. It's the 3rd Ward!!"
Favorite quote...great video, who knows what the future holds. But he'll prepare and do what it takes to make the roster...

PSN = rrj_gamz

Big Dogzz is offline Old 05-07-2012, 02:25 AM
    Reply With Quote   #46
Big Dogzz
Big Dogzz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #278
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownrox1 View Post
Well, the good thing is that Kubiak always carries 3 QBs so Keenum should make the roster for sure.
Kubiak doesn't necessarily always bring 3 QB's to the roster a la the year they had Schaub and Sage.

And the criticism of TJ Yates on this thread btw is ridiculous. It was a lockout yr and the guy STILL picked up the playbook enough to be ready. He won HUGE games for us and when the team's back was to the wall (enough so that his parents couldn't even watch) he went out and clinched a PLAYOFF BIRTH) against a playoff caliber team. Oh btw he was a rookie. THAT'S AN NFL CALIBER QUARTERBACK.

See majority of all other scenarios where the #1 QB goes down and the team didn't collapse.

Lastly TJ was our 3rd QB last yr bc he made our roster LEGITLY. If he had gotten cut or got placed on the Practice Squad he would have gotten picked up on another roster (or atleast the Texans thought so). Keenum will probably not have the same consideration around the league seeing as to how he didn't even get drafted so the Texans probably will feel safe placing him on Practice Squad. Whether he's NFL quality or not however will be up to him.

got em COACH is online now Old 05-07-2012, 04:36 PM
    Reply With Quote   #47
got em COACH
Contributing Member
got em COACH is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heregot em COACH is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heregot em COACH is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heregot em COACH is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heregot em COACH is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heregot em COACH is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heregot em COACH is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heregot em COACH is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33663
Quote:
Coach Gary Kubiak spoke today about former Univ. of Houston QB Case Keenum: "I just think he fits what we do. He can move, he’s smart. It’s a good fresh start for him. I know he’s disappointed not getting drafted, but it may work out well for him, so we’re looking forward to it.” Prospect profile
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...c-909eef744fcf

Old Man Rock is offline Old 05-07-2012, 10:48 PM
    Reply With Quote   #48
Old Man Rock
Contributing Member
Old Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #913
Case talks about Drew Brees' size and Case is a hair taller. They both have almost identical combine numbers. Plus Keenum blew Brees' college numbers out the water and threw with much more accuracy and only 3 ints. to 43 TD's. While Brees had 12 ints and 26 td's. Yet Brees was rated the number 2 best qb in 2001 by the combine scouts and Case was rated 16th best QB this year. Amazing how stupid the scouts are. Too big a discrepancy to call it anything else.

josephnicks is offline Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
    Reply With Quote   #49
josephnicks
josephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Rock View Post
Case talks about Drew Brees' size and Case is a hair taller. They both have almost identical combine numbers. Plus Keenum blew Brees' college numbers out the water and threw with much more accuracy and only 3 ints. to 43 TD's. While Brees had 12 ints and 26 td's. Yet Brees was rated the number 2 best qb in 2001 by the combine scouts and Case was rated 16th best QB this year. Amazing how stupid the scouts are. Too big a discrepancy to call it anything else.
you dont think that brees coming from the BIG10 had anything to do with it compared to keenum coming from Conference-USA

Gutter Snipe is offline Old 05-09-2012, 11:08 PM
    Reply With Quote   #50
Gutter Snipe
Contributing Member
Gutter Snipe is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2927
Case did just fine against Big 10 competition in the bowl game.

I'm not sure the competition argument is a good one for QBs. For offensive and defensive linemen and safeties, etc, yeah.

But for quarterbacks? A lot of the time QBs will look good because they stood behind a great line and had some huge tight ends to throw to.

People were saying Case had a noodle arm...Gruden didn't seem to think so.

Old Man Rock is offline Old 05-10-2012, 03:46 AM
    Reply With Quote   #51
Old Man Rock
Contributing Member
Old Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #913
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephnicks View Post
you dont think that brees coming from the BIG10 had anything to do with it compared to keenum coming from Conference-USA
As Gutter just said he beat up a top twenty Penn State the last game of the season. He beat up UCLA completing 75% of his passes. In 2009 they beat a top ten ranked Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Mississippi State, led by a great passing by Case. That year they finished the season 10-4. The next year Case starts off the season winning the first 2 games and then gets hurt in in the first half of the UCLA game and the Cougars proceed to go 3-7 the rest of the season. The Next year they go 13-1 and would have beaten Southern Miss if the recievers wouldn't have dropped 10 passes. They basically had the same team from one year to the next. Case was the main reason they went 13-1. Keenum is a winner. He runs good and passes amazingly accurate. He knows how to win. That matters.

Shroopy2 is offline Old 05-11-2012, 02:57 AM
    Reply With Quote   #52
Shroopy2
Contributing Member
Shroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10896
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopatmc View Post
I'm not saying he's better. Don't know until we see him in action. What I like is his attitude. Yates seems like a good kid. Case has got some kick to him that I don't see in Yates. Doesn't mean he'll be successful. But he's smart and he's got a winner's mentality and attitude. That goes a long way.
I think Yates displayed those qualities too really, more noticable than Schaub. The "field general" type attributes. I want to see Keenum do well too, but tough to discount Yates in favor of Keenum right off the bat.

In far lesser snaps, TJ Yates played as well as 1st round pick Andy Dalton. Some football show guys even said Kubiak tightened the reins TOO much on Yates (though we could see why in the Baltimore game). Its to say there was enough encouraging things Yates displayed to trust him to make plays with his arm.

One thing Keenum and Yates have in common, both are OLD coming in the league So maybe that oldness translate over for Keenum just as well.

TheChosenOne is offline Old 05-11-2012, 07:53 AM
    Reply With Quote   #53
TheChosenOne
Contributing Member
TheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Rock View Post
As Gutter just said he beat up a top twenty Penn State the last game of the season. He beat up UCLA completing 75% of his passes. In 2009 they beat a top ten ranked Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Mississippi State, led by a great passing by Case. That year they finished the season 10-4. The next year Case starts off the season winning the first 2 games and then gets hurt in in the first half of the UCLA game and the Cougars proceed to go 3-7 the rest of the season. The Next year they go 13-1 and would have beaten Southern Miss if the recievers wouldn't have dropped 10 passes. They basically had the same team from one year to the next. Case was the main reason they went 13-1. Keenum is a winner. He runs good and passes amazingly accurate. He knows how to win. That matters.
eh hehehehehehehe

SevenMinuteAbs is offline Old 11-06-2013, 02:09 PM
    Reply With Quote   #54
SevenMinuteAbs
SevenMinuteAbs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51630
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephnicks View Post
Yates>>>>Keenum

delusional UH homers. case wont make the final 53. best case hell be a PS player..
Lol, he's slightly exceeded your expectations thus far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMing#1 View Post
Hahahah a undrafted qb is better than a 5th round qb prospect who played better than all but 2 qbs picked ahead of him in the nfl. Lol

I love the coogs but c'mon guys don't be such homers we have both u can be a homer for yates. Keenum wasn't even drafted but we picked him up so the texans must see something in him to give him this great chance. With that said Yates has great pocket presence as a rookie and has a rocket with shaky accuracy not bad though he has th size and tools along with the athletic ability to be a top 5 qb in 5 yrs give Yates time to grow the texans know what there doing and he's the future for now.

Yeah, that one didn't quite pan out either..

It's funny seeing the replies from over a year ago.
I'll admit, i wanted him to succeed, but i was skeptical.

But the real reason i stumbled upon this thread was looking for the Gruden QB camp vid of Case. Does anyone have it or know here i can find it? They seem to have taken it down everywhere.

clubberclyde is offline Old 11-06-2013, 04:41 PM
    Reply With Quote   #55
clubberclyde
clubberclyde is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodclubberclyde is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51124
Many doubters eating crow.

FLASH21 is offline Old 11-06-2013, 04:42 PM
    Reply With Quote   #56
FLASH21
FLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31877
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFS View Post
Lol Gruden likes everybody...
Lol yep.

Mike Mayock is the only one that tells it like it is. Strengths to weaknesses.

He should have his own QB camp.

Ha!

Every time I see James I get a little Harden.

SevenMinuteAbs is offline Old 11-06-2013, 04:51 PM
    Reply With Quote   #57
SevenMinuteAbs
SevenMinuteAbs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51630
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubberclyde View Post
MoesTavern19 might have to retire from clutchfans

meh is offline Old 11-06-2013, 08:57 PM
    Reply With Quote   #58
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
IMO, what people(including myself) seem to be wrong about is the difficulty of playing the QB position. For my entire football watching lifetime, I was told over and over about how "QBs needs to be groomed", "they need to learn the playbook", "they need to learn to read defenses", "they need to adjust to NFL speed", etc. And David Carr getting pounded only reinforced that notion.

However, in recent years all these conventional wisdom have pretty much been totally erased by a slew of young QBs who were not high picks, didn't need much "grooming", and have tons of success. The game is changing, but fans perspective have not caught up.

That said, I still want the Texans to draft a QB high if said QB can become elite.

ryano2009 is offline Old 11-06-2013, 09:55 PM
    Reply With Quote   #59
ryano2009
ryano2009 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodryano2009 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38330
Quote:
Originally Posted by moestavern19 View Post
Like Case but I will retire from clutchfans if he... Well, you get the point.
So are you gonna hung it up....?

hooroo is offline Old 11-06-2013, 10:17 PM
    Reply With Quote   #60
hooroo
hooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14431
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubberclyde View Post
Too early, still needs to show up in the second half...

Page 3 of 4
12 34