ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
gmoney411 is offline Old 05-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #21
gmoney411
gmoney411 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodgmoney411 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bit View Post
Relieved?

I'm pissed b/c the Rockets always play the Spurs well. It would have been better competition than watching blowout after blowout.
We played all our games against the Spurs early in the season before they starting playing well. Our last game against the Spurs was when they were 13-9. After their so so start to the season they went 37-7. Watching the Rockets finish up the season as badly as they did there is no real reason to believe that we would be competing with the Spurs.

Sponsored Link
nadman89 is offline Old 05-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #22
nadman89
nadman89 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48205
a blessing in disguise is not being in the playoffs and being pummeled by san antonio like utah wed be wishing for the 14th pick after we got swept honestly

duluth111222 is offline Old 05-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #23
duluth111222
duluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodduluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16689
Speaking of blessing in disguise, Brandon Roy comes to mind. Remember the pain of missing him by one pick?

ObamaFan is offline Old 05-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #24
ObamaFan
ObamaFan is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2012
Member: #50760
I'd still take him

Raiden87 is offline Old 05-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #25
Raiden87
Raiden87 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44821
a blessing in disguise would be if stern gives us a top 3 pick

dntrwl is offline Old 05-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #26
dntrwl
dntrwl is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously gooddntrwl is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2007
Member: #23234
Just put it all in perspective. Lets see, the past few off-seasons have been...

Reports have always been: Rockets actively pursuing trade

What does this actually means to other teams?
Everyone wants to win in a deal, that's why we will never have a true star through trade.

What happens: Person we try to trade for absolutely has no interest in Houston, or isn't traded, or goes somewhere else.

We have two mediocre 1st round picks in a semi-strong draft, and are apparently committing all of our efforts towards re-signing a guy we traded Aaron Brooks for, who broke out, as our 'star' PG Lowry went out, and was pretty dang good for a few months. Hey! So was Mike James with the Toronto Raptors a long time ago, (just an analogy, I know that team was completely different and sucked way much more David Stern phallus than we did this year)

Lowry comes back, not in full form. Everyone now wants Kyle Lowry to be traded, since Dragic was laying pipe, yet we still continued to...kinda lose.

So now what do other teams really care about Kyle Lowry when they can just sign Goran Dragic to a larger contract? Who wants an offense only, aging Luis Scola and injury prone Kevin Martin in return to give up a player that can consistently dominate games??

How do we combine our two mid-level first round picks, for a better one? That won't work, we have to add a player in the mix for a really good one, right?

Value of players on this team is so distorted that teams probably look at the Rockets' players and say "how would they fit on my team? The Rockets constantly have under-performers step up and all of the sudden become "assets"

Saw that with Donte Greene, which was actually a good move, but I think that GM's of other teams tend to ignore the Rockets, as do players, not only because of the past movements, but because of the cost-benefit aspect that is perceived of our organization.

I honestly think we have to build a star, not trade for one. We have a long road ahead of us, and as long as this continual mediocrity of 'almost there, but kind of not really' reality remains, we're screwed.

TLDR? Too long, didn't read. Then don't read. I'm not DaDakota or BimaThug, I don't analyze every game to a pin point, just the honest thoughts from a different perspective. I feel like we have isolated ourselves from true gain by having no allure for star players to play in Houston, we're stuck in a tar pit, trying to get out by grabbing on to twigs, when all of the big sticks are in a different area.

In summation,

HillBoy is offline Old 05-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #27
HillBoy
Contributing Member
HillBoy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHillBoy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHillBoy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHillBoy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11812
Hmmm, three straightyears in the NBA lotto looking at the 14th pick. Funny, I don't feel very blessed...

sugrlndkid is online now Old 05-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #28
sugrlndkid
sugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2012
Member: #50762
The Real blessing is that we werent matched up with the freaking Spurs...
The scores would have been worse...Spurs are the best team in the playoffs from the West...Seriously I really cant wait to see the Heat lose another year...This time Wade will cry...Bosh will have a seizure...and LeBron will...say something stupid...again...

dragonwill is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #29
dragonwill
dragonwill is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5325
The real blessing in disguise is we didn't trade away Robert Horry and
he came back real strong and won 2 championship for us.

JuanValdez is offline Old 05-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #30
JuanValdez
Contributing Member
JuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #35
I'm perplexed by all the sugar-coating in here. There is no silver-lining. I think this thread is for people stuck in Stage 3 of grief. It's time to move on to Stage 4, depression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warning-Sign View Post
I'm a little relieved now that it's not the Rockets getting destroyed by the Spurs. Dodged a bullet maybe?
I doubt the humiliation that the Spurs could dish the Rockets in Round 1 still isn't equal to the humiliation the Rockets dealt themselves by choking away the season to the likes of Utah and Denver. At least the Spurs are a good team. There isn't much difference between picking #14 and #17 in the draft, but there's a big difference in talking to free agents as a playoff team and as a lotto team. And there's a big difference in player development in fighting one of the best teams in the league in a high-stakes series and watching such a fight on TV. All things considered, I'd prefer getting destroyed by the Spurs right now.

J.R. is offline Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #31
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Missing the playoffs a blessing in disguise for sure!

Between Miami/NY, OKC/DAL, SA/UTA,...well uh good luck! There are contenders and there are pretenders

"Our goal is to make the playoffs." No, no, no!

amaru is offline Old 05-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #32
amaru
amaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Fozzey View Post
Its kinda funny how things panned out this season, I mean really if we acquired Dwight before the trade deadline and he went out injured just before the playoffs we'd all be believing we were cursed like Portland. It would have been Yao all over again... We "should" have a TON of cap space and 2 valuable draft picks this off season, unlike the past 2-3 i'm genuinely excited to see what pans out and who we sign. Although i do believe if Les and Morey don't get something done this time round the writing will be on the great wall (Yao pun).
Then we would be in full rebuild mode.....not more average players and another average season. Missing out on Dwight was a curse.....not a blessing.

"Who are we? We are the descendants of slaves...We are the heirs of a past of rope, fire, and murder. I for one am not ashamed of this past. My shame is for those who became so inhuman that they could inflict this torture upon us"

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

IN MOREY I TRUST!

onreego is offline Old 05-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #33
onreego
onreego is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodonreego is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #30073
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsf09 View Post
Missing the playoffs a blessing in disguise for sure!

Between Miami/NY, OKC/DAL, SA/UTA,...well uh good luck! There are contenders and there are pretenders

"Our goal is to make the playoffs." No, no, no!
Pretty much. If the Rockets made the playoffs it would have hurt our chances of getting the 14th pick.

thething is offline Old 05-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #34
thething
Contributing Member
thething is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodthething is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32375
I'm hanging on to the hope of us winning the draft lottery.

Come on .5% chance!

Naija Texan is offline Old 05-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #35
Naija Texan
Naija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNaija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38304
Only blessing is that we have two first round picks and unless Morey and his team are smoking some of the best drugs South America has to offer, we know they will be targeting a center or offensive capable power forward in the draft or free agency, along with a PG because we all know either Lowry or Dragic are on their way out.

We know what we have to do and we have the ability to get it done unless our front office is actually terrible and plan on tanking NEXT season.

daywalker02 is offline Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #36
daywalker02
daywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedaywalker02 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naija Texan View Post
Only blessing is that we have two first round picks and unless Morey and his team are smoking some of the best drugs South America has to offer, we know they will be targeting a center or offensive capable power forward in the draft or free agency, along with a PG because we all know either Lowry or Dragic are on their way out.

We know what we have to do and we have the ability to get it done unless our front office is actually terrible and plan on tanking NEXT season.
..... Undersized PGs and PFs and SFs in the second round.....

Would like to have them take a high profile swing man for a change SG-SF

[CBS] It's hard to say what could really get Howard back in the good graces of the public eye other than winning. The Rockets probably have to make at least the second round this season and he needs to be the best player on the team.

Ashes is offline Old 05-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #37
Ashes
Ashes is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodAshes is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24356
Valuable draft picks?

Yeah, sure.

Naija Texan is offline Old 05-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #38
Naija Texan
Naija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNaija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38304
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
..... Undersized PGs and PFs and SFs in the second round.....

Would like to have them take a high profile swing man for a change SG-SF
That is another thing, I am pretty sure unless we do a trade, we don't have any second round draft picks. We just have the two first rounders at 14 and the Knicks pick.

kjayp is offline Old 05-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #39
kjayp
Contributing Member
kjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook View Post
The Rockets have the flexibility to amnesty Scola and/or trade Martin creating ample caproom if they want to.
I agree! DM has put himself into a nice scenario with tons of flexibility - dependig on who he can procure. Plus with the increase in luxury tax expenses, I think some teams are gonna part ways with some high ticket players and lottery picks will have increased value...

We didn't tank - and we're on the rise.... remember that the next time you wanna rail about some 'treadmill of mediocrity...' I'll take DM's ability over the randomness of some ping pong balls anyday!