Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50494
Austin Rivers comes first.
Then Jeffrey Taylor.

Sponsored Link
coachbadlee is online now Old 04-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeRight View Post
Austin Rivers comes first.
Then Jeffrey Taylor.
Taylor has been a better shooter and defender than Rivers. Rivers appeal is his volume shooting. Thats it.

Cohete Rojo is offline Old 04-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #23
Cohete Rojo
Contributing Member
Cohete Rojo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCohete Rojo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCohete Rojo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCohete Rojo is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43759
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
For those of you saying that he is too far down to jump and be selected at #14, remember Tristan Thompson?
That was a weak draft year. This year will not be the same.

Taylor is a great athlete with some above average offensive skills and he could turn out to be a near elite level defender. But he was not the only player on the Vandy team. John Jenkins (SG) is projected as an early 2nd round as is Festus Ezeli (C).

daywalker02 is offline Old 04-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #24
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
Quote:
Playing with a traditional point guard( Gogi ) will allow him to play more to his strengths and his role will likely consist of spotting up around the perimeter, finishing in transition and off of cuts to the basket, and occasionally taking his man off of the dribble.
Gogi is not a traditional PG, is a shooting and passing PG that does not impact the half court game as much as the running game...
He is better in transition

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballholic
Well you shouldn't. Morris is an NBA player and will probably be a better NBA player for his career than Jones will. Derrick Williams is better than Morris. He was at Arizona. He is now.
D-Ho over HO Chen

coachbadlee is online now Old 04-30-2012, 02:33 AM   #25
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
Gogi is not a traditional PG, is a shooting and passing PG that does not impact the half court game as much as the running game...
He is better in transition
This is where Taylors playing well off the ball will come in to play.
I think he will shine the most as a spot up shooter in transition plays.

Mkieke is offline Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #26
Mkieke
Mkieke is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #45284
Quote:
Neither of Davis or Beal will fall to 14. Taylor is currently at #20 on DX.
He is a very good spot-up shooter.
50% fg shooting.
One of the best defenders in the draft. Capable of defending the 1,2 and the 3 positions.
Moves well without the ball.
Obviously Davis/Beal won't drop to 14, I was merely saying we need a potential superstar. By the way, you've essentially just described a combination of Budinger (shooting) & Parsons (great defender/moves well w/out ball), so I'm asking again - why do we need to draft Taylor when we already have a pair of guys who produce as well as/better than him??

Only way I see him getting picked up is if Parsons is part of some trade.

MrButtocks is offline Old 04-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #27
MrButtocks
Contributing Member
MrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2005
Member: #16215
Taylor is on the same level as a prospect as Danny Green or a Mario Chalmers. Zero star potential and zero bust potential. I liked all those guys when we had Yao and were picking in the 20's, but considering where our team is now we should pass on Jeff Taylor.

HMMMHMM is offline Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #28
HMMMHMM
Contributing Member
HMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkieke View Post
Obviously Davis/Beal won't drop to 14, I was merely saying we need a potential superstar. By the way, you've essentially just described a combination of Budinger (shooting) & Parsons (great defender/moves well w/out ball), so I'm asking again - why do we need to draft Taylor when we already have a pair of guys who produce as well as/better than him??

We don't draft on need though.

That said I do agree with Mr Buttocks. Taylor will be nice role player for years, but he'll never be special. A good pick if you don't love anybody in the mid/late-mid first round.

coachbadlee is online now Old 04-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #29
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkieke View Post

Our two most pressing needs are at center and SG. The idea is to draft Taylor to play SG. He has been known to guard the 1-4 positions. Putting a good defender/spot up shooter( sorta like Courtney Lee ) on the bench behind Lee would be a step in solidifying our bench.

Mkieke is offline Old 04-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #30
Mkieke
Mkieke is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #45284
Quote:
Our two most pressing needs are at center and SG. The idea is to draft Taylor to play SG. He has been known to guard the 1-4 positions. Putting a good defender/spot up shooter( sorta like Courtney Lee ) on the bench behind Lee would be a step in solidifying our bench.
Ahh ok, that makes sense, especially with Martin likely on the way out. This was mentioned by Carl, but I bet Houston could move down to the 21/22 range (Boston picks) in exchange for our 14 so that they can nab Rivers. 21 would probably be a better place to draft Taylor, with the most recent mocks having Taylor at 25 (Ford's 4.0).

coachbadlee is online now Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #31
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
Going up against Parsons in some of this one.

Painting_Shade is offline Old 05-02-2012, 01:30 AM   #32
Painting_Shade
Contributing Member
Painting_Shade is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2005
Member: #16279
Quote:
I don't think he's going before 20, but I do agree with you on the assessment that he's lottery material. If we could get him to play the 2 that would be fantastic. he's a bigger, better courtney lee IMO, but I think if we could get boston to bite on 16 for rivers for their 21 and 22, we could take something like taylor + one of white/melo/moultrie (if he falls)

coachbadlee is online now Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 AM   #33
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painting_Shade View Post
If we could get him to play the 2 that would be fantastic. he's a bigger, better courtney lee IMO,
This is what i mean. No knock on Courtney, but there are times that defenders are taller and shoot over him. Getting one of the best defenders in the college game today would definitely shore that position up.

Quote:
but I think if we could get boston to bite on 16 for rivers for their 21 and 22, we could take something like taylor + one of white/melo/moultrie (if he falls)
That would be great. Getting Rivers at 14, trading him + playerx to Boston for 21 and 22. Get Taylor at 16, White at 21 and Melo at 22. Lets not forget D-Mo.

coachbadlee is online now Old 05-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #34
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painting_Shade View Post
I don't think he's going before 20, but I do agree with you on the assessment that he's lottery material. If we could get him to play the 2 that would be fantastic. he's a bigger, better courtney lee IMO, but I think if we could get boston to bite on 16 for rivers for their 21 and 22, we could take something like taylor + one of white/melo/moultrie (if he falls)
I actually think his worst case scenario would be a taller Courtney Lee.

Painting_Shade is offline Old 05-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #35
Painting_Shade
Contributing Member
Painting_Shade is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2005
Member: #16279
Quote:
This is what i mean. No knock on Courtney, but there are times that defenders are taller and shoot over him. Getting one of the best defenders in the college game today would definitely shore that position up.

That would be great. Getting Rivers at 14, trading him + playerx to Boston for 21 and 22. Get Taylor at 16, White at 21 and Melo at 22. Lets not forget D-Mo.
I think Taylor will be available at 21 though. I agree on taking a flyer on White. I wouldn't mind Melo but I'm skeptical about his ability.

14 for 21/22 by itself is actually pretty fair. 16 we could take leonard, then taylor and white at 21/22.

Joe Joe is online now Old 05-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #36
Joe Joe
Contributing Member
Joe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 1999
Member: #467
If Rockets keep 14th and 16th pick, I don't see Taylor being available at 17. Morey likes production. It would take two guys with excellent potential to fall for Morey to pass on Taylor twice.

Jones - 70%, DMo - 61% in restricted area.

coachbadlee is online now Old 05-07-2012, 02:26 AM   #37
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
Real highlights!

Check out the defense!

sgl_carlos is offline Old 05-07-2012, 03:57 AM   #38
sgl_carlos
sgl_carlos is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2010
Member: #46137
Quote:
Real highlights!

Check out the defense!
some of his shots are over Parsons!!

jopatmc is offline Old 05-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #39
jopatmc
Contributing Member
jopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7003
He'll have a better career in the NBA than all but 5-10 guys drafted in 2012.

Now we have to build a team that can beat the Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.

coachbadlee is online now Old 05-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #40
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
Ruh Roh!! Bold prediction time!!!

If Jeffrey Taylor is not picked in the lottery, the system is flawed.
Jeffrey Taylor, aka "In Between"(because of his ability to play 4 positions sucessfully), will be in the running for 2012-2013 ROY.