1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prediction: Jeffery Taylor Will Be a Lotto Pick

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by coachbadlee, Mar 5, 2012.

1. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Austin Rivers comes first.
    Then Jeffrey Taylor.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Taylor has been a better shooter and defender than Rivers. Rivers appeal is his volume shooting. Thats it.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

That was a weak draft year. This year will not be the same.

Taylor is a great athlete with some above average offensive skills and he could turn out to be a near elite level defender. But he was not the only player on the Vandy team. John Jenkins (SG) is projected as an early 2nd round as is Festus Ezeli (C).

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gogi is not a traditional PG, is a shooting and passing PG that does not impact the half court game as much as the running game...
    He is better in transition

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is where Taylors playing well off the ball will come in to play.
    I think he will shine the most as a spot up shooter in transition plays.

6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Obviously Davis/Beal won't drop to 14, I was merely saying we need a potential superstar. By the way, you've essentially just described a combination of Budinger (shooting) & Parsons (great defender/moves well w/out ball), so I'm asking again - why do we need to draft Taylor when we already have a pair of guys who produce as well as/better than him??

Only way I see him getting picked up is if Parsons is part of some trade.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Taylor is on the same level as a prospect as Danny Green or a Mario Chalmers. Zero star potential and zero bust potential. I liked all those guys when we had Yao and were picking in the 20's, but considering where our team is now we should pass on Jeff Taylor.

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

We don't draft on need though. :)

That said I do agree with Mr Buttocks. Taylor will be nice role player for years, but he'll never be special. A good pick if you don't love anybody in the mid/late-mid first round.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Our two most pressing needs are at center and SG. The idea is to draft Taylor to play SG. He has been known to guard the 1-4 positions. Putting a good defender/spot up shooter( sorta like Courtney Lee ) on the bench behind Lee would be a step in solidifying our bench.

10. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Ahh ok, that makes sense, especially with Martin likely on the way out. This was mentioned by Carl, but I bet Houston could move down to the 21/22 range (Boston picks) in exchange for our 14 so that they can nab Rivers. 21 would probably be a better place to draft Taylor, with the most recent mocks having Taylor at 25 (Ford's 4.0).

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Going up against Parsons in some of this one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8ztsD-M5TPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I don't think he's going before 20, but I do agree with you on the assessment that he's lottery material. If we could get him to play the 2 that would be fantastic. he's a bigger, better courtney lee IMO, but I think if we could get boston to bite on 16 for rivers for their 21 and 22, we could take something like taylor + one of white/melo/moultrie (if he falls)

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is what i mean. No knock on Courtney, but there are times that defenders are taller and shoot over him. Getting one of the best defenders in the college game today would definitely shore that position up.

That would be great. Getting Rivers at 14, trading him + playerx to Boston for 21 and 22. Get Taylor at 16, White at 21 and Melo at 22. Lets not forget D-Mo.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I actually think his worst case scenario would be a taller Courtney Lee.

15. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I think Taylor will be available at 21 though. I agree on taking a flyer on White. I wouldn't mind Melo but I'm skeptical about his ability.

14 for 21/22 by itself is actually pretty fair. 16 we could take leonard, then taylor and white at 21/22.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If Rockets keep 14th and 16th pick, I don't see Taylor being available at 17. Morey likes production. It would take two guys with excellent potential to fall for Morey to pass on Taylor twice.

1 person likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Real highlights!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QjAvd_3oiJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Check out the defense!:eek::eek:

18. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

some of his shots are over Parsons!! :eek::eek:

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He'll have a better career in the NBA than all but 5-10 guys drafted in 2012.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ruh Roh!! Bold prediction time!!!

If Jeffrey Taylor is not picked in the lottery, the system is flawed.
    Jeffrey Taylor, aka "In Between"(because of his ability to play 4 positions sucessfully), will be in the running for 2012-2013 ROY.;)