ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Morey wants Dragic back - (Twitter)
Tags:  basketball, daryl morey, goran dragic, houston rockets, nba, twitter Tags
MambaJoe is offline Old 04-28-2012, 03:44 AM   #201
MambaJoe
MambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43157
I stilled wished that the Rockets would have cut Flynn instead of Lin but they know they can get more back by trading Flynn than Lin because Lin was unproven while Flynn, most team still think he can make a turn around and having a young lottery picked PG that did very well his Rookie season but struggled because of his injury but some teams believes that he could recover to his original self.

The only thing that I wished would happened is that the if the Rockets would show the NBA the type of player Lin is when he first came to NY and his stock would rises up much higher so we could trade him for a much better deal instead of waiving him and cut Flynn instead or trade him also. The only one thing I kind of regret about this situation is that if the Rockets would just hold on to Lin and when one of our PGs went down, they could of use him badly and his stock value would have rises and then we could trade him for a higher value than cutting him and get absolutely nothing in return. Thats the downside.

No Government in our country can lawfully stifle free speech and fine those who exercise it; the NBA under present circumstances can both stifle and fine players and coaches who speak up.

Sponsored Link
deshen is offline Old 04-28-2012, 03:55 AM   #202
deshen
deshen is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16839
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
The crazy arent allowed to call others crazy...
1. He played only less than half shorten season as a starter in a weak team.
2. He got a solid, not great stats in a contract year.

What is your rational that you think he could be paid near 10m or even max as some suggested.

Akim523 is offline Old 04-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #203
Akim523
Akim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAkim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2008
Member: #31714
This is retarded. We are doing this every ****ing year... Morey, if you want him back then shut the **** up and pay this man for ****s sake!

MambaJoe is offline Old 04-28-2012, 04:01 AM   #204
MambaJoe
MambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObamaFan View Post
Trade Lowry to the Hornets for the 10th overall pick, Jason Smith and a Lottery protected pick in 2013 (top 5)

Draft Perry Jones 10th overall

Draft Jeremy Lamb 14th overall

Draft Tony Wroten 16th overall

----

We will then have the biggest and tallest team in the NBA

PG- Goran Dragic( 6'3), Tony Wroten( 6'5)
SG Kevin Martin (6'7), Jeremy Lamb( 6'6), Courtney Lee( 6'5)
SF- Chandler Parsons (6'10), Perry Jones( 6'11), Marcus Morris( 6'8)
PF- Luis Scola ( 6'9), Donatas Motiejunas( 7'0), Patrick Patterson( 6'9)
C- Sam Dalembert ( 6'11), Jason Smith( 7'0), Greg Smith ( 6'10)

We would be the tallest team in the league
We can do that but I much rather trade Lowry plus Scola to the heat for Bosh and we can use our pick a long with some young pieces to move up the draft to pick a young highly potential PG in the draft. I love Lowry and I would feel bad for us to trade him to a crappy team. I love Lowry to death and I would love for him to play for a contender. Just my opinion. The heat would get a good physical PG in Lowry to compliment James and Wade well and he is just the type of player they would need. While the Rockets would get a All Star PF back in return plus we can sign Dragic because he is getting better and better every year.... The only thing that concerns me about Dragic is that he gets out of control sometimes and that kills me inside.

No Government in our country can lawfully stifle free speech and fine those who exercise it; the NBA under present circumstances can both stifle and fine players and coaches who speak up.

gogigorangone is offline Old 04-28-2012, 04:56 AM   #205
gogigorangone
gogigorangone is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50520
If Lin was here in Houstons this season instead of Flynn, there would be no Linsanity.
He got chance in NY when knicks was in trouble. He shined there after..

People should not compare Jeremy Lin with Lowry and Dragic. It's a different story.

comehere2 is offline Old 04-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #206
comehere2
comehere2 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29572
Talk is cheap. pay up or shut up. Stop playing this kind of game already. It's getting funny. No wonder almost no star wants to play here.

Carl Herrera is online now Old 04-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #207
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
Originally Posted by comehere2 View Post
Talk is cheap. pay up or shut up. Stop playing this kind of game already. It's getting funny. No wonder almost no star wants to play here.
Given that free agency doesn't start until July 1st, there is no "pay up" for a few months. So, do the Rockets have to stay totally silent about Dragic until then?

TXRoxBBall is offline Old 04-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #208
TXRoxBBall
TXRoxBBall is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30244
Would be better to stop asking fans to go after players for you and start treating them like people instead of assets so they will want to play for us.