ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Completely pointless waste of a season for the third year in a row!!!
Tags:  basketball, charlotte bobcats, houston rockets, nba, playoffs, pointless, tanks for the memories? no thanks! Tags
Jerry36 is offline Old 04-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #61
Jerry36
Jerry36 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2424
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
OKAY NOW THATS ENOUGH!!!! HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!! Morey is a genius dammit!!!

Enough with this that Morey is genius!!! You can't be a genius when the team you put together is average. Why don't rockets have a superstar right now? A genius would've had that covered. Why are the rockets not competeing for championship? If you're a genius, that's covered. A genius don't remain average for 6 years.

Sponsored Link
Don FakeFan is offline Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #62
Don FakeFan
Don FakeFan is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47045
something must be wrong.

Talks:
"no tanking ever"
"try the best to win"
"always trying to improve the team"
"Morey is a genius"

results:
#14 pick in 3 years.

JuanValdez is offline Old 04-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #63
JuanValdez
Contributing Member
JuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogo View Post
The tankers couldn't take one season of winning 30 games, much less 3 or more.
2001-2002 we won 28 games, and it was a hell of a lot more enjoyable than this one. Francis missed a bunch of games with migraines. But, we had hope looking at a long future of Francis, Mobley, Eddie Griffin (okay, he was fool's gold, but we didn't know it at the time), and an impending high draft pick (that turned out to be Yao). Even the mediocre Francis years where we won 40+ games and missed the playoffs were still satisfying because we had young, high-potential guys gaining experience. I can guarantee that if we had Irving on our roster, I'd be more upbeat -- even with half the wins.

mylilpony is offline Old 04-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #64
mylilpony
mylilpony is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmylilpony is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmylilpony is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmylilpony is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmylilpony is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34025
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanValdez View Post
2001-2002 we won 28 games, and it was a hell of a lot more enjoyable than this one. Francis missed a bunch of games with migraines. But, we had hope looking at a long future of Francis, Mobley, Eddie Griffin (okay, he was fool's gold, but we didn't know it at the time), and an impending high draft pick (that turned out to be Yao). Even the mediocre Francis years where we won 40+ games and missed the playoffs were still satisfying because we had young, high-potential guys gaining experience. I can guarantee that if we had Irving on our roster, I'd be more upbeat -- even with half the wins.
i feel better about cleveland than i do us. someone can get a call on that team. apparently flinging your head back and jumping into people doesnt work for non-stars anymore.

Kevin,
You're what the french call "les incompetents."

inishi is offline Old 04-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #65
inishi
inishi is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big MAK View Post
He had a couple good moves and everyone hangs on his nutts. I think his bad decisions are far greater than the good.
this is really easy to say, but I would love to see the evidence backing this up.

inishi is offline Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #66
inishi
inishi is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32174
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggNRox View Post
every team wants them except pau, an over hill player. some teams were smart enough to know they had no chance so they don't try. just like there are millions ppl who don't buy lottery tickets. they know the chance to get lottery is smaller than getting strike by lightening. try means nothing if your chance is zero. rox needs both, try hard and try smart not just hard.

houston is not a place to attract elite players unless you have one already. since yao gone, we don't have chance to trade for one elite player so we should go other way, drafting player. so getting the highest picks is more improtant than trying hard to trade for a superstar, game changer.
Oh come the **** on dude, did you really just bash an "over the hill " 7 foot PF that averaged 17.4 10.4 3.7 along with 1.4 blocks a game on 50% shooting. And that's playing next to Andrew Bynum and Kobe Bryant. Point out the downside, pls.

Hakeemtheking is offline Old 04-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #67
Hakeemtheking
Hakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38940
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Show me a fan base in the NBA that's rabid for a team that has accomplished as little as this franchise has accomplished over the last 15 seasons.
Max has it correct. We have been a model for mediocrity, stuck in mud just like an automobile in a rainy day in the Alabama's backwoods.

We want results, no more excuses about this and that. This once proud franchise is now being treated like the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA --> we get no respect, not from the media, not from the refs, not from Stern, etc.., except for the likes of JVG.

Rockets fans, reflect on where we have been for more than a generation while you watch other teams play this weekend. It sucks!

acjeitherocket is offline Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #68
acjeitherocket
acjeitherocket is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
What have we achieved as a team since the demise of YAO? - Absolutely nothing.

Where are we as a team since YAO? - Absolutely nowhere.

Oh well. Next season.
that should be our permanent slogan

acjeibeats.com
youtube.com/acjei
twitter.com/acjei
R.I.P. MJ The King :-(

jocar is offline Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #69
jocar
jocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27834
Quote:
Originally Posted by MostLoyalFan View Post
it's the black Chris Griffin

Phillyrocket is offline Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #70
Phillyrocket
Phillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4640
Those of you who would rather our roster than the Bobcats or Raptors are completely delusional. Those teams have at least some young talent with real potential to be stars and also top picks. We have nothing but overhyped role players. Every year on this board someone has a little bit of success and people jump to overrate our mediocre players. Brooks, Bud, PPat, Lowry, and now Parsons and Dragic. If the best hope for your franchise and the brightest part of your season was half a year of Lowry playing well, half a year of Dragic playing well and a decent year from a second round pick then your franchise is in serious trouble.

jmwilliamson is offline Old 04-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #71
jmwilliamson
Contributing Member
jmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9133
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcity View Post
C'mon Dude - Absolute waste of time? accomplished nothing?

I saw some of the most compelling, Amazing, Exciting Rockets games This year - Don't know about you - but the Bulls Lakers Comeback wins on the road did not waste my time !!

We didn't accomplish the goal of making the playoffs - but We learned a lot about future stars in Dragic, Parsons - got a solid year from Courtney and Luis. just Need one more piece - to say this team is a waste and accomplished nothing is a slap to the guys we have - who brought it every night.

Disappointing we didn't make the postseason - YES

Waste of time - Not mine, Dude
I agree with you - IF THAT PIECE IS A PRIME HAKEEM OLAJUWON! Otherwise, we're not watching the same team. Also, Dragic and Parsons will never be stars. Book it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanValdez View Post
THIS X 1,000,000!

Last edited by jmwilliamson; 04-27-2012 at 11:05 PM.

SuperMarioBro is offline Old 04-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #72
SuperMarioBro
SuperMarioBro is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20082
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Show me a fan base in the NBA that's rabid for a team that has accomplished as little as this franchise has accomplished over the last 15 seasons.
A. I can name you several. Oakland, Portland, Sacto (the latter two made it out of the 1st round once or twice, but not much more, and have had to deal with even more hopeless seasons)

B. Again, more importantly, WTF does that have to do with anything I'm saying? DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY KEYBOARD???

SuperMarioBro is offline Old 04-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #73
SuperMarioBro
SuperMarioBro is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20082
^^^
For the record, the list of teams doesn't end there, either. But yeah, it's pretty clear that you're insecure about the fact that you're a terrible fan surrounded by terrible fans.

Blaster_333 is offline Old 04-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #74
Blaster_333
Blaster_333 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50220
Team did not reach the intended goal of making the playoffs, but can't say I didn't enjoy the season, at least until this last losing streak where it appeared they didn't give it their all. The upsets, development of Parsons & Dragic, renewed hope for the playoffs after Kyle went down, Camby's arrival, alot of good stuff, and an interesting offseason to look forward to.

Gotta enjoy the journey, as I know many of the fans on this forum did. Negativity really doesn't get you anywhere but down in the dumps, trying to bring others along with you because misery loves company. Have fun downers, pouting and whining until November

Pieman2005 is offline Old 04-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #75
Pieman2005
Pieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43599
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMarioBro View Post
it's pretty clear that you're insecure about the fact that you're a terrible fan surrounded by terrible fans.
What a stupid statement. He's unhappy with the way the franchise has done nothing the last 3 years. Wow what a bad fan.
It's funny how the people who are happy being .500 and think it's a great step call themselves "real fans" I've seen it multiple times already.

Germany - 7
Brazil - 1

My autographed Trevor Ariza jersey isn't useless anymore!

tellitlikeitis is offline Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #76
tellitlikeitis
Contributing Member
tellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtellitlikeitis is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42038
Woohoo! Three straight seasons of stagnation!!!!

Rockets_Texans is offline Old 04-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #77
Rockets_Texans
Rockets_Texans is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49964
i blame Morey and Kevin McFail

Z-Ro&Trae is offline Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #78
Z-Ro&Trae
Z-Ro&Trae is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43495
fuck patrick patterson turned into a worthless bum since the injury, and im tired of depending on low 1st round draft picks, and low risk trades to carry this team. morey hasn't delivered us an all star since we traded for artest in his prime. i haven't complertely given up on morey entirely, but i'm just about almost knocking on that door. it's all stars that willing to play on this team, it's just that morey is too busy trying to get something for nothing, and GMs ain't falling for the bs anymore.

gmoney411 is offline Old 04-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #79
gmoney411
gmoney411 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodgmoney411 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyrocket View Post
Those of you who would rather our roster than the Bobcats or Raptors are completely delusional. Those teams have at least some young talent with real potential to be stars and also top picks. We have nothing but overhyped role players. Every year on this board someone has a little bit of success and people jump to overrate our mediocre players. Brooks, Bud, PPat, Lowry, and now Parsons and Dragic. If the best hope for your franchise and the brightest part of your season was half a year of Lowry playing well, half a year of Dragic playing well and a decent year from a second round pick then your franchise is in serious trouble.
The Bobcats do not have a better roster than us. Who on that team has real potential to be a star? The Raptors roster is debatable because they have Valančiūnas coming over but outside of him they really don't have any players with star potential. However, I do agree that their high picks are something I wish we had but I'm not sure if that is enough to take on their crappy rosters unless one of them ends up with the number one pick and Davis.

juanm34 is offline Old 04-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #80
juanm34
juanm34 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38405
Thank god league pass was free.