ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

View Poll Results: Will Kobe go for the scoring title?
yes, hes kobe 99 76.74%
no, he dont care bout scoring averages 30 23.26%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Will Kobe play the Kings thursday for the scoring title?
Tags:  basketball, injury, kings, kobe bryant, nba, playoffs, san antonio Tags
goodbug is offline Old 04-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #21
goodbug
Contributing Member
goodbug is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #8492
It's not age, it's style. And a shooting big gives you more room to go for layup. Exactly what LeBron has for his entire career.

It's all about getting the team better, not personal stats better. Kobe does the former, LeBron does the latter.

And Kobe still gets more double than LeBron, because he works on the post for most of his points, while LeBron starts from the top of key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_mac1 View Post
Kobe faced single coverage when he played with Shaq. The best he did was 46%. It's just age, and the fact that he's declining that he's shooting in the low 40s.

Sponsored Link
t_mac1 is offline Old 04-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
t_mac1
Contributing Member
t_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29872
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbug View Post
It's not age, it's style. And a shooting big gives you more room to go for layup. Exactly what LeBron has for his entire career.

It's all about getting the team better, not personal stats better. Kobe does the former, LeBron does the latter.

And Kobe still gets more double than LeBron, because he works on the post for most of his points, while LeBron starts from the top of key.
Do you even watch Laker games? Do you know who Mychael Thompson (a huge Laker homer as he was a former Laker) is? Go listen to him on the radio while having the games on TV. See how he assesses the Laker play-by-play and Kobe's play in particular and come back and talk to me.

goodbug is offline Old 04-26-2012, 02:53 AM   #23
goodbug
Contributing Member
LOL, do you watch games at all? Do you understand top of key is the meaningless position to double a guy with ball while all teams will double a star player like Kobe in the post when he backs down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_mac1 View Post
Do you even watch Laker games? Do you know who Mychael Thompson (a huge Laker homer as he was a former Laker) is? Go listen to him on the
radio while having the games on TV. See how he assesses the Laker play-by-play and Kobe's play in particular and come back and talk to me.

AstroRocket is offline Old 04-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #24
AstroRocket
AstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 1999
Member: #526
Damn it, forgot my rule to avoid all Dish threads with Kobe or LeBron in the title because the same posters routinely turn them into sh-tfests every time instead of realizing that, even on the internet, there comes a point where you have to just freaking agree to disagree.

Sorry, carry on...

AstroRocket. Owner of the 300,000th Hangout post. Woohoo!

Your friendly neighborhood RATS (Rockets/Astros/Texans/Sooners) fan

Check out the ClutchFans wiki, NBA Social Media Index, Rockets game download links, NBA Championship Belt, and my twitter (lots of us CFers on there. Come join the #RedNation clique!)

bullardfan is offline Old 04-26-2012, 04:26 AM   #25
bullardfan
Contributing Member
bullardfan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebullardfan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebullardfan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32575
He cares about the scoring title and he needs to win the championship this year. i dont know if he could have gone for 50 against SA. i think hes a little butthurt tho. Lebron said smthg similar when KD won before. i think it's ridiculous to brush off the scoring title. It isnt meaningless and MJ has a crapload of them even in the same year of his championships. Kobe is a great player but it kinda puts kobe to shame in comparison.

jank1434 is offline Old 04-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #26
jank1434
Contributing Member
jank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43799
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullardfan View Post
He cares about the scoring title and he needs to win the championship this year. i dont know if he could have gone for 50 against SA. i think hes a little butthurt tho. Lebron said smthg similar when KD won before. i think it's ridiculous to brush off the scoring title. It isnt meaningless and MJ has a crapload of them even in the same year of his championships. Kobe is a great player but it kinda puts kobe to shame in comparison.
I would say that the scoring title is meaningless meaningful (if that makes sense)... 11 scoring champions have won an NBA championship in the same year (Shaq X1, Jordan X6, Kareem X1, Mikan X2, Fulks X1), which are not great numbers considering that it's only 5 players. Although it does seem that scoring champs are in the playoffs most of the time. I do agree though that players certainly gun for the points title.

Shakee is offline Old 04-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #27
Shakee
Shakee is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48088
Of course Kobe is gonna go for the scoring title. Unfortunately he will have more shot attempts than actual points. Lol He will ignore Bynum and Gasol in the post as usual.

goodbug is offline Old 04-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
goodbug
Contributing Member
I don't know if he could have gone for 50 against SA, but he certainly could
have gone for more than 18 points, 7-12 shooting that night. In fact, three games in a row.
He shot 20, 12, 26 times, with 26 shots coming off a double OT game. All lower than his season average (23 FG/38 min) when normalized with minutes.

This suspicion is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullardfan View Post

Last edited by goodbug; 04-26-2012 at 02:00 PM.

J.R. is offline Old 04-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #29
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628

Sleepy Flloyd is offline Old 04-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #30
Sleepy Flloyd
Sleepy Flloyd is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45816
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsf09 View Post

Awww!

way to concede

I wanted to see kobe go kobe and take 50 shots

red_alertz is offline Old 04-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #31
red_alertz
red_alertz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Flloyd View Post
Awww!

way to concede

I wanted to see kobe go kobe and take 50 shots
it's cool bro, u can see kobe go kobe when he gets the ring

Sleepy Flloyd is offline Old 04-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #32
Sleepy Flloyd
Sleepy Flloyd is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45816
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_alertz View Post
it's cool bro, u can see kobe go kobe when he gets the ring
Its possible! Lakers still have a deadly frontline

htownrox1 is offline Old 04-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #33
htownrox1
htownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43851
He's not gonna play tonight, they just said on sportscenter.