ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

Suit questions
weslinder is offline Old 04-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #21
weslinder
Contributing Member
weslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
i wear a tshirt with an Irish flag on it sometimes....I didn't realize I was calling my U.S. citizenship into question
Marked as a terrorist.

Guys, this is not a reliable journalistic source. Hold off on the torches and pitchforks. Who the hell even is Jeff Balke? Never heard of him. Houstonpress.com is also just a blog, not a credible source.

Sponsored Link
arkoe is offline Old 04-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #22
arkoe
Contributing Member
arkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donearkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donearkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donearkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donearkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donearkoe is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2001
Member: #3346
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
i wear a tshirt with an Irish flag on it sometimes....I didn't realize I was calling my U.S. citizenship into question
Why don't you go play in the Olympics for Ireland.

For some reason I feel a lapel pin has more significance than a tshirt. When I see a person wearing an "I Fling Poo" tshirt, I don't believe them... unless that person is actually a monkey. Or a baby. If you were wearing an "I Fling Poo" lapel pin though, I would absolutely believe that you have flung and will fling more poo.

Apps is offline Old 04-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #23
Apps
Apps is Omer Asik -- working the boardsApps is Omer Asik -- working the boardsApps is Omer Asik -- working the boardsApps is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31831
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc89 View Post
I prefer shawl lapels.
Very interesting. I always figured shawl lapels to be a more leisurely look, like something you'd wear by your fireplace while swilling brandy.

Also, I figure a cravat would only really work at a formal event rather than a business event. And only with a three piece suit [beneath the vest].

It's interesting to see that the sentiment towards lapel pins has been largely antagonistic.

bigtexxx is offline Old 04-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #24
bigtexxx
Contributing Member
bigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apps View Post
How would you feel if someone wore a lapel pin of another country's flag but still identified themselves as American?
what country?

Apps is offline Old 04-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #25
Apps
Apps is Omer Asik -- working the boardsApps is Omer Asik -- working the boardsApps is Omer Asik -- working the boardsApps is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31831
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexxx View Post
what country?
Let us assume that it is the flag of a "subversive" nation (e.g. Russia, Cuba, Iran, China, Venezuela, etc). Just for the sake of discussion.

bigtexxx is offline Old 04-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #26
bigtexxx
Contributing Member
bigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apps View Post
Let us assume that it is the flag of a "subversive" nation (e.g. Russia, Cuba, Iran, China, Venezuela, etc). Just for the sake of discussion.
somebody would call the police or worse

ok maybe not for Russia and China

DonkeyMagic is offline Old 04-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #27
DonkeyMagic
Contributing Member
DonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #18051
No lapel pin. Just no reason for it in an everyday setting. Maybe it's it's a holiday or something but that's all

Peaked lapel, I'm not a fan in normal setting. Only for something more formal, but even then, I'm personally not a fan

Single breasted for the most part. Double breasted should be reserved for more rare formal occasions. They also look best on taller and medium sized guys

Tie...full Windsor