ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

Assassin's Creed III
Tags:  british, justice, tyranny, voice, washington, youtube Tags
Dei is offline Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029

Set against the backdrop of the American Revolution in the late 18th century, Assassin's Creed III introduces a new hero, Ratohnhaké:ton, of Native American and English heritage. Adopting the name Connor, he becomes the new voice for justice in the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars. Players become an Assassin in the war for liberty against ruthless tyranny in the most stylized and fluid combat experiences in the franchise to date. Assassin's Creed III spans the Revolutionary War, taking gamers from the vibrant, untamed frontier to bustling colonial towns and the intense, chaotic battlefields where George Washington's Continental Army clashed with the imposing British Army.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having it set in America feels so wrong.

Sponsored Link
Dei is offline Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points

QdoubleA is offline Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
QdoubleA
QdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24521
Was not a fan of the last AC, might wait for the price drop to buy this one.

Rox11 is offline Old 04-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
Rox11
Rox11 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRox11 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRox11 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36318
There is another thread from when the game was announced....
This is why everyone should get the search option imo (me too).

D-Lite is offline Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
D-Lite
Contributing Member
D-Lite is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2007
Member: #23733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox11 View Post
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread...ssin%27s+creed

GO ROCKETS

Rox11 is offline Old 04-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Rox11
Rox11 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRox11 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRox11 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lite View Post
Lol thanks....so did you try to look for it first?
Anyhow it looks sick.....i just don't want them to get rid of the feel of the previous games.
And yea America is questionable but i think they will find ways to tie everything together nicely.

Cannonball is offline Old 04-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
Cannonball
Contributing Member
Cannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Member: #19677
Quote:
Google is helpful.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=clutchfans+assassin%27s+creed+iii

HAYJON02 is offline Old 04-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #8
HAYJON02
Contributing Member
HAYJON02 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHAYJON02 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2002
Member: #4238
I hope the plot has an emphasis on Enlightenment values and is not just derpy nationalist chest thumping. Using history for your game is always risky.

ketchupNmustard is offline Old 04-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #9
ketchupNmustard
ketchupNmustard is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47083
Damn, I'm only halfway through the first and the second.

Dei is offline Old 04-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #10
Dei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchupNmustard View Post
Damn, I'm only halfway through the first and the second.
So you've finished the first... what?

Uprising is offline Old 04-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #11
Uprising
Contributing Member
Uprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2086
Never finished the first.....got too repetitive. Same thing over and over....and got bored of it.

Clutchfans STEAM group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Clutchfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetics80 View Post
Lin > Harden

rhino17 is online now Old 04-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
rhino17
rhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #19214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Never finished the first.....got too repetitive. Same thing over and over....and got bored of it.
Yeah, the first one had a ton of problems. They fixed all that crap in the sequels

Cannonball is offline Old 04-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #13
Cannonball
Contributing Member
Cannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAYJON02 View Post
I hope the plot has an emphasis on Enlightenment values and is not just derpy nationalist chest thumping. Using history for your game is always risky.
From what I understand, Connor doesn't really have a side. He has his own agenda and there are Templars on both sides so he'll be killing both British as well as American soldiers. Connor is half British but also half Mohawk who fought on both sides but mostly for the Brits, so it seems like he has more incentive to be on the British side than anything.

mvpcrossxover is offline Old 04-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #14
mvpcrossxover
mvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33363
bought revelation and still haven't even open it

ClutchFans' Achievement

Rox11 is offline Old 04-18-2012, 01:57 AM   #15
Rox11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
You sir need an award!

Rox11 is offline Old 11-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #16
Rox11
Anyone else playing this? Just finished it...

jank1434 is offline Old 11-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #17
jank1434
Contributing Member
jank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43799
Quote:
Anyone else playing this? Just finished it...
I think I am in sequence 6. It's okay so far, but I heard the ending was pretty surprising.

I think I will like it a lot more once I get in more of the battle sequences.

G0 R0CKETS is offline Old 11-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #18
G0 R0CKETS
G0 R0CKETS is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #31238
I was going to rent this. Is it worth it?

Cannonball is offline Old 11-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #19
Cannonball
Contributing Member
I enjoyed the game a lot. It does take a while for it to get going though. Also, the present day Desmond ending is kind of crappy. Not totally awful like Mass Effect 3, but not really satisfying either. They're definitely setting up for the next series of AC games, but the ending to Desmond's story could've (and should've) been a lot better.

The story of the main part of the game is great though. I think it was a lot easier to follow than past AC games due to the setting being one that I'm already familiar with. The missions are varied quite nicely. Boston and New York are nice big cities and the Frontier is huge. There's a lot to do outside of the main story line and the naval parts are really well done.

Oh, and when you beat the game, they put you back into the world where you have to find "pivots". When you do, they unlock cheats within the game like invincibility, infinite ammo, not being detected by guards, and changing the weather and time of day.

rhino17 is online now Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #20
rhino17
rhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #19214
Just picked it up today