1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone take stuff in the D&D personally?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by RedRedemption, Mar 27, 2012.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Ironic. See your sig :grin:

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

I dunno it seems the GARM is worse than D&D these days.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The GARM was worse when the Rockets were "contenders". The GARM was hell during the Yao-Tmac era.

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I can get worked up over intentional ignorance, but the vast majority of the time, it does not affect me personally. The one exception: when people misspell hypocrisy or don't know the difference between there, their, and they're or your and you're. I imagine these people sitting in a pair of overalls without a shirt, showing off their enormous amount of bad tattoos, smoking cheap cigs, and alternating between typing and skinning a bass while smug in the knowledge that they learned all there is to know huntin' with Pa-Paw. Those people piss me off.

1 person likes this.
  5. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

so.....I should wear a shirt?:confused:

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I see no spelling or major grammar issues with your post. You can leave your shirt off.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Funny stuff.

The instances when I get miffed (and therefore usually don't post) are when well-read, high-IQ users intentionally slander the "other side" and come off as painfully myopic, regardless of the importance of the topic. I swear there are more than a handful of people who do not realize that there are two sides to every story. There are even several people that have something of a fan club and will drop in threads to grace us all with their ideological rants, like a thread isn't properly christened without their hardline rhetoric. It's times like that when I'm thankful I'm interacting with them on the internet, and not in reality.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Amusing, as per usual, and I don't believe you for a second. Your race baiting comments are deliberate and designed to piss people off. You are far too intelligent to really believe the crap you put out in D&D, tinytexxx.

As for D&D and taking stuff personally? I've backed away from it (the forum) some (I haven't even looked into the Trayvon Martin thread, for example). Not because I don't value it. I do, and feel like I know a lot of really smart, interesting folks there, who love to talk politics and other issues of interest that don't belong in Hangout, and have nothing to do with basketball. And they are on all sides of those issues, especially politics. It's what bugs me about people like you, littletexxx, and basso, since you both could contribute a lot to those discussions, but instead do the blog equivalent of yelling "FIRE!!" in a theatre, and then run away from replying to the responses your grenade produced, and that's intellectual cowardice, in my opinion. And you do that over and over again, and have for years. Your twin brother, Trader_J, used to do the same, but he was more entertaining.

But do I take it personally? Do I take any of the stuff that goes on there personally? Sometimes, although not nearly as much as I did in years past. In fact, I get more ticked off by comments from liberal independents and Democrats (and you know who you are!), then I do from comments from comedians like you. Go figure. Yet I enjoy your posts outside of D&D, just as I enjoy basso's. My wish is that one could place a member on ignore in a particular forum, but see their posts in the others. Not only would that help make life easier for me in D&D, but in the GARM, as well. There are people I dislike reading in the GARM that I enjoy reading in D&D. Again, go figure.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Spare me your above the fray self righteousness.

I've written you off as a poster, due to your incessant insult hurling. I've said this before, but when you have to constantly hurl insults, it means you cannot successfully defend your position with the adults. I haven't put you on ignore, but I typically only briefly scan your posts due to their limited worth.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ha ha! I love it. :-D-