ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner
Carl Herrera is offline Old 04-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-miami-madness

Rockets mentions:

Quote:
24. In case you were wondering, here are my dream Round 1 matchups (and the ones I think you should root for, although it's a free country and you should do whatever you want):

L.A. Lakers (3) vs. Houston (6): An interesting one because you'd have The Team That Isn't Going to Beat Itself (Houston) playing The Volatile and Aging Contender That Could End Up Beating Itself at Any Time (the Lakers). I live in Los Angeles and have yet to meet a Lakers fan who'd trust Mike Brown to place a Starbucks order, much less coach their team for an entire playoff series.
Quote:
27. I can't believe I haven't mentioned Goran Dragic's epic free agency run yet! Thrust into Houston's starting lineup with Kyle Lowry sidelined, Dragic morphed into a delightful cross between Steve Nash, Manu Ginobili and Tiny Archibald and helped keep Houston's playoff hopes glimmering. In 20 games as a starter, he's averaging 18.2 points and 8.7 rebounds with 50/42/84 shooting splits, and that doesn't even tell the whole story because he's a killer at the end of games. According to 82games.com, he's shooting a sizzling 70 percent in crunch time. Seventy percent!!!!

Given that he's only 25, what's Dragic worth on the open market to a team with cap space like Portland, Indiana, Toronto or Dallas? Or would Houston be better off re-signing Dragic, then dealing Lowry with their two first-rounders (theirs and New York's) and/or Kevin Martin/Luis Scola for a proven All-Star like LaMarcus Aldridge, Chris Bosh or (in the irony of ironies) Pau Gasol? And by the way, shouldn't we mention that Dragic (a throw-in for the vetoed L.A./N.O./Houston three-teamer) is now more valuable than anyone in that trade except for Chris Paul and Eric Gordon (the prize of New Orleans's eventual haul for Chris Paul)? You gotta love the NBA! There can't be a weirder sport. There just can't.

Also, I liked what he said about Charlotte, a truly historically horrible team.

Quote:
1. Do you realize Charlotte has a chance to finish with the NBA's worst winning percentage ever? The '73 Sixers own the worst 82-game record (9-73); the '99 Grizzlies own the worst strike-shortened record (8-42); and the '48 Providence Steamers set the records for fewest wins (they went 6-42) and most times someone said, "They put a team THERE?" (215,563 times and counting). The Bobcats have blown 50 of their 57 games for a remarkable winning percentage of … (wait for it) … .123.

.123!!!!!!

They could win one more game and still set the record (.121), but if they blow their last nine and finish 7-59, that drops them to an unfathomable (and record-setting) .108. Even better, that means Michael Jordan would have direct ties to the best regular-season team ever (the '96 Bulls) and the worst regular-season team ever (the '12 Bobcats). Stay classy, MJ.

2. Sorry, we have to run the Bobcats back because you won't ever witness a more worthless professional basketball team. You can't even call them ****ty because it's an insult to ****. It seems impossible that an NBA team could finish with a point differential of negative double digits (even the 8-42 Grizzlies finished -8.94 in 1999), but Charlotte's opponents have outscored them by a staggering 13.3 points per game. The Bobcats have lost 31 games by 10 points or more. They're 2-30 against teams .500 or better. They're 4-23 at home. They've had losing streaks of 15 and 14 (the current one). They tied a record this week by losing their third straight home game by 20 points or more. They don't have a single player averaging more than 15 points, 6.5 assists or 5.6 rebounds. Their three best players (Kemba Walker, Gerald Henderson and Byron Mullens) wouldn't play a lick for ANY of the league's 10 best teams.

Did I mention that the most homicidally competitive athlete of our lifetime owns this franchise? What the hell? How can Michael Jordan live with himself? And how can we reward this putridity (is that even a word?) by giving them the 'Brow in two months? That reminds me …

Sponsored Link
Rockets Jones is offline Old 04-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Rockets Jones
Rockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31634
Dragic is 70% in crunch time? We should let him shoot more at the end of games then

RV6 is offline Old 04-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
I didn't realize the % was that high, but he's clearly been really clutch as a starter.

And he obviously meant 8.7 assists, not rebounds

LCII is offline Old 04-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
LCII
Contributing Member
LCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20646
Yeah, if dragic can keep this up, Morey would have to seriously consider trading Lowry and K-Mart for an Allstar. Ironic since at the beginning of the season, no one, including the fans, would have wanted to do that.

Dei is offline Old 04-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Truly, what delights me most of all seeing Dragic flourish into the player he is now is how it also smears Stern's face with feces.

rolyat93 is offline Old 04-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #6
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei View Post
Truly, what delights me most of all seeing Dragic flourish into the player he is now is how it also smears Stern's face with feces.

Dear Jesus, this is the greatest comment on Clutchfans in a long while.

Dreamin is offline Old 04-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
Dreamin
Dreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47905
why 33?

Cleepy is offline Old 04-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #8
Cleepy
Cleepy is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46552
Quote:
Given that he's only 25, what's Dragic worth on the open market to a team with cap space like Portland, Indiana, Toronto or Dallas? Or would Houston be better off re-signing Dragic, then dealing Lowry with their two first-rounders (theirs and New York's) and/or Kevin Martin/Luis Scola for a proven All-Star like LaMarcus Aldridge, Chris Bosh or (in the irony of ironies) Pau Gasol?
I would do the trade for Aldridge in a heartbeat. I just don't think the Trailblazers would.

heypartner is offline Old 04-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #9
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
why 33?
do you need a hint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill simmons
[Thinking.]

[No way I'm jinxing this.]

[Enjoy the weekend.]
good luck charm number

mdoggnic is offline Old 04-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #10
mdoggnic
Contributing Member
mdoggnic is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29894
Quote:
Originally Posted by heypartner View Post
do you need a hint?

good luck charm number
Id like to buy a vowel.

Red: [narrating]" I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."
-Shawshank Redemption