ClutchFans Latest:
DuBose: Rockets-Blazers: Behind the numbers

Go Back   ClutchFans > Sports > Fantasy Sports

BobFinn Classic Fantasy Hoops 2011-12 Trash Talk
Tags:  2011, basketball, fantasy sports, playoffs, roster, schedule Tags
fadeaway is offline Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #101
fadeaway
Contributing Member
fadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boardsfadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boardsfadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boardsfadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2000
Member: #1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH21 View Post
I actually think the keeper baseball league thru Fanstar is pretty neat.

Would it be too much of a hassle to make next years draft for the basketball league the beginning of a new keeper league?
I only endorse this suggestion if I get Lebron.

Winner of All Time Clutchfans NBA Draft #3, 2012

Clutch Leagues Championship History
A fantasy sports tradition since 2000.

Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!

Sponsored Link
FLASH21 is offline Old 02-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #102
FLASH21
FLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31877
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway View Post
I only endorse this suggestion if I get Lebron.
LOL, I figured people would take this type of approach to it BUT I was in a FFL a few years back that only allowed us to keep the players that were selected after the 3rd round and back with only 3 players being kept per year...

It was so that we could still circulate the superstars and yet keep it a yearly competitive league with the keepers selected.

The only thing about that league is that if you kept a player you'd have to relinquish the rights to the draft pick of the earlier round, for example, I kept Wes Welker one year (4th round pick) had to relinquish my rights to the 3rd round pick to keep the draft even and not to allow us to overload on talent.

This is a little tougher to manage with all that draft pick jargon involved but really makes you think hard about your strategy in the draft. And if you get lucky and pick up say a Sidney Rice type when he was coming on, a few years back, in Free Agency you only give up what would usually be a 12th round pick in the FFL.

I know its complicated but just a friendly suggestion to make the league that much more interesting. It's probably not even possible in this league that way. *shrug*

Ha!

Every time I see James I get a little Harden.

Ziggy is offline Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #103
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
I've always wanted to do a keeper.

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

Pete Chilcutt is offline Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #104
Pete Chilcutt
Contributing Member
Pete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36210
I would like to.add Wilson Chandler F Denver

Ziggy is offline Old 02-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #105
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Chilcutt View Post
I would like to.add Wilson Chandler F Denver
I was hoping to add him. Emailed the commish about it. But still haven't seen that he is officially signed. Did I miss the article? Still don't see that it is official.

FLASH21 is offline Old 02-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #106
FLASH21
FLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
I was hoping to add him. Emailed the commish about it. But still haven't seen that he is officially signed. Did I miss the article? Still don't see that it is official.
I just got an update saying he met with the Raptors but hasn't signed with anyone today.

So no.

Ha!

Ziggy is offline Old 02-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #107
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH21 View Post
I just got an update saying he met with the Raptors but hasn't signed with anyone today.

So no.
The lockout has really made this a weird season. Having to play pee-pee games to sign players.

RocketsPimp is offline Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #108
RocketsPimp
Contributing Member
RocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
It's not official and no one is picking up any players not currently under contract, otherwise I would have sat on him since the beginning of the season. Making everyone (including myself) wait for his signing to hit the news is the only fair way to do it.

Ziggy is offline Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #109
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsPimp View Post
It's not official and no one is picking up any players not currently under contract, otherwise I would have sat on him since the beginning of the season. Making everyone (including myself) wait for his signing to hit the news is the only fair way to do it.
Yes, no complaints from me.

RocketsPimp is offline Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #110
RocketsPimp
Contributing Member
RocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since there are no games today everyone will have until tomorrow to post lineups. I'm not sure how the system will handle it, so just submit your lineup prior to the 6pm deadline tomorrow (which I will get) and if there is a problem we can address it here.

RocketsPimp is offline Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #111
RocketsPimp
Contributing Member
Fade, go kick some Alien ass this week, although I'm not gonna hold my breath with Devin Harris and Sammy D in there.

fadeaway is offline Old 02-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #112
fadeaway
Contributing Member
fadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boardsfadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boardsfadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boardsfadeaway is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Quote:
Fade, go kick some Alien ass this week, although I'm not gonna hold my breath with Devin Harris and Sammy D in there.
LOL... nice.

Injuries to Nene and Bagnani combined with the Pacers' 2 game schedule makes this week a killer.

SamCassell is offline Old 02-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #113
SamCassell
Contributing Member
SamCassell is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSamCassell is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSamCassell is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #123
Ah, Pimp. Resorting to hoping for Fade to beat my inferior, mediocre team? I thought I was just temporarily holding down 1st place, until you rightfully took it from me? What happened to that?

I will say that, starting around week 4, Fade's impressed me more than any other team. Those cyberfish guys are for real.

RocketsPimp is offline Old 02-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #114
RocketsPimp
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCassell View Post
Ah, Pimp. Resorting to hoping for Fade to beat my inferior, mediocre team? I thought I was just temporarily holding down 1st place, until you rightfully took it from me? What happened to that?

I will say that, starting around week 4, Fade's impressed me more than any other team. Those cyberfish guys are for real.
Yep, I'll still take all the help I can get until I can rip 1st place from your slimy alien grip in week 15 (if not sooner).

FLASH21 is offline Old 03-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #115
FLASH21
These are gonna be some rough last 5 games...

at Fade
at CCP
vs Plungers
vs Sam
vs Truth Score

All you guys are at least .500 record right now. Ugh.

Ha!

RocketsPimp is offline Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #116
RocketsPimp
Contributing Member
Quote:
Yep, I'll still take all the help I can get until I can rip 1st place from your slimy alien grip in week 15 (if not sooner).
Well, that loss kinda ruins that plan. Joe Johnson sitting and Nate Robinson sucking pretty much sealed that one up. Oh well....looks like I'm going to need a wild card to get into the playoffs.

SamCassell is offline Old 03-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #117
SamCassell
Contributing Member
SamCassell is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSamCassell is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSamCassell is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #123
Down goes Frazier! Week 10 was a great week for Aliens everywhere.

FLASH21 is offline Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #118
FLASH21
Would fade or RP be able to update a few of my players? It looks like they've acheived super sayian status, uh I mean other position status.

Ty Lawson PG/SG
DJ Augustin PG/SG
Boris Diaw SF/PF/C
Evan Turner, you probably don't have to worry about him too much cause knowing me I'll drop him someone will pick him up and he'll start killing it. But he's a SF/SG also.

Thanks for your help guys.

Ha!

fadeaway is offline Old 03-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #119
fadeaway
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCassell View Post

I think this post was the kiss of death for me. It has been all downhill since then.

fadeaway is offline Old 03-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #120
fadeaway
Contributing Member
Pimp -- I think we need to trim one week off the league schedule. The way things are currently, our championship period will take place during the very last week of the NBA regular season, which is a shortened week, with some teams only playing one time (plus some teams will be resting their stars for the playoffs).

Deleting the week 15 match-ups from our league schedule will correct this oversight. Do you agree?