ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > Hot Deals and Classifieds

Auction for NBA Spalding Basketball signed by entire 1999-2000 Rockets roster
Tags:  archer, basketball, charles barkley, cool, cool story, ebay, hakeem olajuwon, houston, houston rockets, memorabilia, nba, retro rockets, roster, steve francis, texas Tags
cma710 is offline Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
cma710
cma710 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50283
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to auction an NBA basketball signed by the entire 1999-2000 Houston Rockets roster. This roster included Hall of Famers Charles Barkley and Hakeem Okajuwon, as well as 1999-2000 ROY Steve Francis. You can visit the auction here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130645251667...#ht_500wt_1287

The ball has a cool story behind it too. It was given to me by my grandfather, former congressman Bill Archer, who served the 7th Texas District from 1970-2000. It was given to him by the Rockets organization when he retired, in appreciation for his service to the city as well as for promoting the construction of the new arena. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the gift, it does not include any authentication card, but I guarantee the signatures are 100% real, as it was given to him by the Rockets organization.

Thanks guys and GO ROCKETS!!!

Sponsored Link
roflmcwaffles is offline Old 02-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
roflmcwaffles
roflmcwaffles is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineroflmcwaffles is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineroflmcwaffles is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #17195
You'll have a hard time selling it without it being deemed authentic from an expert.

I'd send it to someone who can confirm it's authenticity then sell it. You will get A LOT more money for it.

bobrek is offline Old 02-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
bobrek
Vamos Los Astros
bobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #724
Quote:
Originally Posted by cma710 View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to auction an NBA basketball signed by the entire 1999-2000 Houston Rockets roster. This roster included Hall of Famers Charles Barkley and Hakeem Okajuwon, as well as 1999-2000 ROY Steve Francis. You can visit the auction here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130645251667...#ht_500wt_1287

The ball has a cool story behind it too. It was given to me by my grandfather, former congressman Bill Archer, who served the 7th Texas District from 1970-2000. It was given to him by the Rockets organization when he retired, in appreciation for his service to the city as well as for promoting the construction of the new arena. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the gift, it does not include any authentication card, but I guarantee the signatures are 100% real, as it was given to him by the Rockets organization.

Thanks guys and GO ROCKETS!!!
Totally off topic, how are you related to Sharon Archer? Son or Nephew?

All of Jordan's championships are tainted, because he never had to face Michael Jordan in the playoffs.

cma710 is offline Old 02-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
cma710
cma710 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50283
If by Sharon Archer you mean Sharon Funk (she's married now), then I am her nephew.

bobrek is offline Old 02-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
bobrek
Vamos Los Astros
bobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeembobrek is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #724
Quote:
Originally Posted by cma710 View Post
If by Sharon Archer you mean Sharon Funk (she's married now), then I am her nephew.
It's been a long time. We used to play softball with her back in the late 80s. She was a very good 3rd baseman on our coed team. If you remember, next time you see her, ask if she remember Bob and Celeste from softball ages ago.

Good luck with your auction.

I believe she used to date a relatively famous Houstonian.

All of Jordan's championships are tainted, because he never had to face Michael Jordan in the playoffs.