ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Why is Jordan Hill starting??? Dalembert!!!
Tags:  basketball, bucks, houston rockets, jordan hill, nba Tags
cookies18 is offline Old 01-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
cookies18
cookies18 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49279
Hill looks terrible offensively and defensively. I do not see why he starts. He has no offensive game. He has an average defensive game. I say put him as backup.

Dalembert is making 7mil. Why isnt he starting? We paying him big bucks to come off the bench. Wow. He has a great defensive game and amazing rebounding skills. A better offensive game than Hill too. With Dalembert starting I see a him averaging 8pts and 12 rebounds with 2 blocks a game.

Start Dalember please!

Sponsored Link
JoeBarelyCares is offline Old 01-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
JoeBarelyCares
Contributing Member
JoeBarelyCares is Omer Asik -- working the boardsJoeBarelyCares is Omer Asik -- working the boardsJoeBarelyCares is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2113
Second game in a row with zero blocks by the entire team. I thought we were going to have some rim protection this year?

Burko is offline Old 01-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
Burko
Burko is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47952
Dalembert needs to learn the Offensive sets

Dei is offline Old 01-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burko View Post
Most probable reason. Hill seems to be McHale's favorite, too. He's worked intensely with him and has had flashes. I guess McHale has some of that teaching conceit.

Rockets12 is offline Old 01-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
Rockets12
Rockets12 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRockets12 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRockets12 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48390
Matt Bullard answered your question during the game, he said dalembert is about 40-50% fit and management will not start him until he is 75-80...which he will get there by playing games since there isn't much time to practice anymore

cookies18 is offline Old 01-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #6
cookies18
cookies18 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei View Post
Most probable reason. Hill seems to be McHale's favorite, too. He's worked intensely with him and has had flashes. I guess McHale has some of that teaching conceit.
Watching hill play is like watching Ryan Bowen play. He looks terrible out there on the court. I dont see him as backup material either. Thabeet seems better than him.

DCkid is offline Old 01-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
DCkid
Contributing Member
DCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burko View Post
Honestly, who gives a damn...this team is pretty much unwatchable due to their defense. And forget starting...why the well wasn't he at least playing in garbage time last night over Adrien? Would have been a good opportunity to at least work on his conditioning.

It's very possible Dalembert won't have the effect on defense we're hoping for, but him contributing is really the only chance the Rockets have of being respectable this year. Please pick up the pace on getting him up to speed!

emcitymisfit is offline Old 01-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #8
emcitymisfit
emcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineemcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineemcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40365
Because according to Bullard, Dally is out of shape.

And according to Scott Steiner -

- ilookOK

opticon is offline Old 01-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #9
opticon
opticon is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodopticon is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18155
Dally does not look as lean as he did in his Philly days. Which where not that long ago. I won't be surprised if he is not in NBA shape till March.

PinoyRocket is offline Old 01-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
PinoyRocket
PinoyRocket is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2010
Member: #46060
If he starts, he'll start to suck.

JayGoogle is offline Old 01-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #11
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
We need to play Hill at PF, it's always been that way. These Centers are way too big for him.

I bet when we trade him away the next team will play him at PF and he'll have a solid year.

Z-Ro&Trae is offline Old 01-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
Z-Ro&Trae
Z-Ro&Trae is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43495
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookies18 View Post
Watching hill play is like watching Ryan Bowen play. He looks terrible out there on the court. I dont see him as backup material either. Thabeet seems better than him.
Ryan Bowen had his moments when he at least played solid D. Hill has one good game, then completely falls off and only gets 3 points and 4 rebounds in 30 minutes 5 games later. Hill is too inconsistent, and now he is consistently being bad at the center position.

c1utchfan925 is offline Old 01-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
c1utchfan925
Contributing Member
c1utchfan925 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #19546
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoogle View Post
We need to play Hill at PF, it's always been that way. These Centers are way too big for him.

I bet when we trade him away the next team will play him at PF and he'll have a solid year.
agreed, I don't understand why they don't use him more at the PF position. He still seems out of place playing the C position but he's slightly improving on the defensive end. I wish he were better at boxing out and attempting to block shots. Also wish Hasheem could get it together mentally and actually motivate himself to play.. nice pipe dreams..

"Hakeem changes -- he's at peace with himself. He reinvents his game. Dominates, yet gets his teammates involved. The 1992-93 Rockets are suddenly a championship-contending ballclub and the next year Hakeem simply does it all. Defensive player of the year. League MVP. NBA Finals MVP. Same Season. Still the only player in league history to do it." -(Clutch)

daywalker02 is offline Old 01-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Member: #19255
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1utchfan925 View Post
agreed, I don't understand why they don't use him more at the PF position. He still seems out of place playing the C position but he's slightly improving on the defensive end. I wish he were better at boxing out and attempting to block shots. Also wish Hasheem could get it together mentally and actually motivate himself to play.. nice pipe dreams..
Time to scout out the next Hasheem. an improved version.

DaDakota is offline Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
It turns out that both Hill and Dalembert are pretty bad.

Hasheem may get his shot soon.

DD

Carl Herrera is offline Old 01-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDakota View Post
It turns out that both Hill and Dalembert are pretty bad.

Hasheem may get his shot soon.

DD
Not as long as Patterson is alive.

Miracles Boys33 is offline Old 01-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
Miracles Boys33
Miracles Boys33 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50100
call me drunk but I'll take 2pat over hill and thabeet

Rockets_Texans is offline Old 01-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
Rockets_Texans
Rockets_Texans is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49964
You wanna know why Jordan Hill starts instead of Samuel Dalembert? Becuase Kevin McFail is the coach!

Rockets_Texans is offline Old 01-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
Rockets_Texans
Rockets_Texans is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracles Boys33 View Post
call me drunk but I'll take 2pat over hill and thabeet
You aren't drunk. Patrick Patterson is actually really good. He just needs a little bit more time, but Thabeet and J. Hill are garbage.

Drew_Le is offline Old 01-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #20
Drew_Le
Drew_Le is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2651
We shouldn't have signed this scrub. Cookies, get off clutchfans and go do your homework.