ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
ascaptjack is offline Old 10-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #41
ascaptjack
ascaptjack is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodascaptjack is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Sep 2011
Member: #49574

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
As much as i would hate to trade away Thabeet now, Biedrins for Thabeet is a no brainer. Also, i don't think Haywood is better than Biedrins. Maybe healthier, but not better.
Wait, I thought you said Thabeet was gonna be a superstar?

Sponsored Link
coachbadlee is offline Old 10-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #42
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascaptjack View Post
Now come on ACJ, not once did i say that Thabeet was going to be a superstar. If you can find where i said that, please show me. All the things i said about Thabett were to get him some playing time to one day becoming a decent role player for the team. No way he's going to be a superstar. I just want him to be that extra 5 that we need to help down low. We had a lay-up drill problem for the last two seasons.

coachbadlee is offline Old 10-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #43
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Member: #45147

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascaptjack View Post
BTW, you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that i would think something like that.

Garner is offline Old 10-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #44
Garner
Garner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
Would any of you guys take up the likes of Diop, Beidrins or Hawyood for the exprings on Flynn and Thabeet?

Out of the 3, Haywood is the best player but has the worst contract. Diop is the cheapest but the worst player. Beidrins has a short but hefty contract, he is injury prone but capable of solid double doubles when in form.

I dont think Warriors and Dallas are that desperate for salary dumps. Maybe Jordan (mr cut-costs) will want to give up Diop for Thabeet. Diop would be solid for 20 MPG, but he costs $14 mill over this and next season.
All contingent on the new labor agreement.

ascaptjack is offline Old 10-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #45
ascaptjack
ascaptjack is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodascaptjack is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Sep 2011
Member: #49574

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
BTW, you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that i would think something like that.

fattz is offline Old 10-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #46
fattz
fattz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43739

Help out your old fat freind here, did we not offer Hill and Thabeet for Biedrins and Golden State turned us down just this year? I like the trade, too. BUT the other team has to say YES for it to happen...

LINK:
http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba..._and_hill.html

batkins is offline Old 10-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #47
batkins
Contributing Member
batkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20051

Trade Luis Scola, Goran Dragic, Jordan Hill, Jonny Flynn, & a future first round draft pick (maybe two?) to the Golden State Warriors for Monta Ellis & Andris Biedrins.

1) Kyle Lowry / Monta Ellis
2) Kevin Martin / Courtney Lee
3) Marcus Morris / Chase Budinger
4) Patrick Patterson / Donatas Motiejunas / Jordan Hill
5) Andris Biedrins / Chuck Hayes / Hasheem Thabeet

Is this realistic?

joesr is offline Old 10-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #48
joesr
joesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejoesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33500

Quote:
Originally Posted by batkins View Post
Trade Luis Scola, Goran Dragic, Jordan Hill, Jonny Flynn, & a future first round draft pick (maybe two?) to the Golden State Warriors for Monta Ellis & Andris Biedrins.

1) Kyle Lowry / Monta Ellis
2) Kevin Martin / Courtney Lee
3) Marcus Morris / Chase Budinger
4) Patrick Patterson / Donatas Motiejunas / Jordan Hill
5) Andris Biedrins / Chuck Hayes / Hasheem Thabeet

Is this realistic?
they have Dlee at the Pf spot though.

MyPlayer on NextGen, please change 'The Park' method of multi-player.

batkins is offline Old 10-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #49
batkins
Contributing Member
batkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20051

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesr View Post
they have Dlee at the Pf spot though.
Damn. You're right. I guess a third team would need to get involved to take Scola.

da_juice is offline Old 10-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #50
da_juice
da_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44535

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=42sebb9

Throw in picks, we might be able to get this through, especially because the Knicks have nothing they could give.

joesr is offline Old 10-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #51
joesr
joesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejoesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33500

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_juice View Post
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=42sebb9

Throw in picks, we might be able to get this through, especially because the Knicks have nothing they could give.
still dont see happening

MyPlayer on NextGen, please change 'The Park' method of multi-player.

fattz is offline Old 10-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #52
fattz

If you all want Biedrins, than here we go

Bucks:
In Scola & Budinger
Out Carlos Delfino, Ersan Ilyasova & first round pick
-Upgrade their front-court....Bogut & Scola = SOLID
-three years left on both
-give their 2011 pick time to grow
-Budinger is a deal for the money he is paid

Golden State:
In Carlos Delfino & Ersan Ilyasova
Out Andris Biedrins
-Save money by moving Biedrins(9m) and only taking back 6m
-Carlos Delfino & Ersan Ilyasova are both solid players
-both are in the last year of contracts (could save G.S. even more money)

Rockets
In Andris Biedrins & Bucks first round pick
Out Scola & Budinger
-You all wanted him (2012 Salary: $9,000,000 3 years remaining)
-Scola for Biedrins & C.Bud for a first rounder

(My Rockets team going forward is better IMO)

dobro1229 is offline Old 10-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #53
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Member: #45354

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattz View Post
If you all want Biedrins, than here we go

Bucks:
In Scola & Budinger
Out Carlos Delfino, Ersan Ilyasova & first round pick
-Upgrade their front-court....Bogut & Scola = SOLID
-three years left on both
-give their 2011 pick time to grow
-Budinger is a deal for the money he is paid

Golden State:
In Carlos Delfino & Ersan Ilyasova
Out Andris Biedrins
-Save money by moving Biedrins(9m) and only taking back 6m
-Carlos Delfino & Ersan Ilyasova are both solid players
-both are in the last year of contracts (could save G.S. even more money)

Rockets
In Andris Biedrins & Bucks first round pick
Out Scola & Budinger
-You all wanted him (2012 Salary: $9,000,000 3 years remaining)
-Scola for Biedrins & C.Bud for a first rounder

(My Rockets team going forward is better IMO)
I think I like the trade that was on the verge of happening on draft day this summer.

Hill + Thabeet for Biedrins & ? (assuming Morey wanted a draft pick as well)

If Biedrins doesnt pan out next season then guess what... Amnesty his A$*

fattz is offline Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #54
fattz

^^^^
I do, too; but, Golden State didn't. From what I read Thabeet & Hill for Biedrins was the deal and G.S. said no. Maybe they didn't want to suffer through Thabeet & Hill for a year to save money and will just...Amnesty his A$$ themself. Then maybe just maybe we can pick him up on the cheap.

The trade I made up was just looking a spare peices / parts and then team needs / wants...

the lockout (-_-)

larsv8 is offline Old 10-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #55
larsv8
Contributing Member
larsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28004

I don't think we ever wanted Beidrins. I think they wanted to draft Biyombo and were willing to take on his contract to get thier pick. From what I remember, "talks stopped abruptly when Charlotte picked Biyombo".

I can't envision us taking on his salary with the 2 of the biggest free agency periods approaching for us.

Morey is smarter, more aggressive and actually gets big stars that he didn't draft. The odds are against us now. Our FO just doesn't compare to theirs. We can beat them in the draft but the Bulls have never traded for a player as good as Harden or signed a player as good as Howard.

dobro1229 is offline Old 10-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #56
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Member: #45354

Quote:
^^^^
I do, too; but, Golden State didn't. From what I read Thabeet & Hill for Biedrins was the deal and G.S. said no. Maybe they didn't want to suffer through Thabeet & Hill for a year to save money and will just...Amnesty his A$$ themself. Then maybe just maybe we can pick him up on the cheap.

The trade I made up was just looking a spare peices / parts and then team needs / wants...

the lockout (-_-)
Im almost positive Feigan reported that it was Morey that hung up the deal due to wanting something extra, but I could be wrong of course. Ill have to try and dig up the comment somewhere off of Chron.com if I can so we can get some clarification.

If you find something that reinforces your position than Id like to see it. As Morey has said before in interviews, some deals take years to make happen. With the looming lockout this summer, they had good reasons to wait. The ability to get a better center in free agency being the main one for the Rockets.

Regardless, Im sure both sides could pick this deal back up as soon as the lockout ends as a backup plan. GS has every reason to try and get rid of Biedrins, and Houston really shouldn't do this trade unless there is a cherry on top to make up for the salary cap he will eat up. Who knows, maybe Houston is better off with Hill/Thabeet, but Id be willing to gamble that Biedrins will give you better quality minutes as a rotational center in the next 3 years.

fattz is offline Old 10-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #57
fattz

^^^^^^^

Quote:
Help out your old fat freind here, did we not offer Hill and Thabeet for Biedrins and Golden State turned us down just this year? I like the trade, too. BUT the other team has to say YES for it to happen...

LINK:
http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba..._and_hill.html

fattz is offline Old 10-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #58
fattz

Here is a link to their forum:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2011...away-biedrins/

HMMMHMM is offline Old 10-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #59
HMMMHMM
Contributing Member
HMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47207

^

Quote:
Houston indeed offered Hasheem Thabeet for Andris Biedrins but its package included Brad Miller, not Jordan Hill.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...#ixzz1c7SaEaB7

Quote:
Warriors director of basketball operations Kirk Lacob said a Biedrins-for-Thabeet-and-Hill deal was not discussed, but the three players were part of potential multiplayer deals that probably would have included other Warriors assets.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPVL1K3D3J.DTL

fattz is offline Old 10-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #60
fattz

I just read what I read and took at face value at the time I read it.

I thank you for the enlightenment, hmmmhmm

Closed Thread