1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Soccer] US vs Spain & 2011 Gold Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Jun 1, 2011.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Time to get revenge from Azteca...USA USA USA

3. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

IT was a GOAL. Refs won't call it a handball unless the player is using the hand as an "unnatural movement", which in this case it might be that the hand or arm was together with the body. This, in turn, is legal... and referees won't call something that doesn't seem blatant. This one didn't show like that, or even the Honduran peeps would have been screaming FOUL. :eek:
    :confused: but not the 5-0 2009 Gold Cup game?

The Azteca game was for qualifiers... I doubt U.S.A.'s fans see it as having the same importance, I know, but... it's the other cup game. ;)

#204 SwoLy-D, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Azteca meant a lot more to us..Gold Cup in 09 didn't matter we didn't even have our best players because they were resting from the Confederations Cup

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

barely legal chicks?

The refs let them play but turned it off after the header figuring it was over...

It's on Saturday night!

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I barely remembered about that thrashing. Of course, it was our C-team (at best) in that tournament.

Saturday is going to be fun. A sold out Rose Bowl for the Gold Cup and a spot in the 2013 Confederations Cup on the line between the best 2 teams in CONCACAF = AWESOME

8. SwoLy-D

Call it whatever you want, but MEXICO would never let any of our team get beat by your D, A, or Z team in Mexico. :cool: I don't know what it is about the U.S.A. that they will always continue to bring up "it wasn't important", yet the players will play the game anyway... :confused: sacrificial lambs???? ...

Oh, it's going to be ON. Rest assured the tables will start turning again... y'all owned us since the 2000's... but it's a whole new decade now... and the first meeting of the 2010's.

May the best one win cleanly and fairly. :eek:

9. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

great great games yesterday!

motherland vs birthplace on saturday! i don't care who's the winner for this game. Go USA & Mexico!

10. SwoLy-D

I think you're lying about the first statement, madam. :p

What colors will you be wearing on Saturday when you watch the game? ;)

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

mexico won the tournament. Can't take that away nor diminish it. But you can't argue that it was a vastly weaker team than what had just played weeks before in the Confederations Cup. No Donovan. No Bradley. No Dempsey. No Howard. No Gooch. No Altidore. Only Freddy Adu, Luis Robles, Charlie Davies and Heath Pearce went from South Africa to the Gold Cup.

That would be a nice change should mexico win. ;)

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wonder what Lebron would say?

Hmmmm?

"Well, if Mexico wins, those people still have to wake up to their own miserably lives and realize they live in a piss ant poor squalor ridden country like Mexico."

Yeah, that is probably what he would say....

:)

DD

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Time for a USA vs Mexico thread?

Let's go USA!

Too bad I'll be floating the river so I'll have to catch this on the DVR....or if I'm back on shore on time, I'll play it on my phone if there's reception.

14. SwoLy-D

Classy, DaDakota... classy... :rolleyes:

I deleted my knee-jerk reaction post earlier to your dumb comment... but I will assume you're just being your uneducated, anger-inciting, classless self at this time.

No need for your insulting comments, sir. I won't quote them, either.

Nah, I don't think so. This is the 2011 Gold Cup thread and still applies.

#214 SwoLy-D, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  15. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

the best part was when the Mexico fan ran on the field and did some flips:grin:

Mexico wins 2-0.

16. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

DD sounds like he is turning into lebron:(

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

yeah that was awesome,
    dude got away from security, did like 2 somersaults and landed on his belly and laid there to be arrested

18. DaDakota

Wah wah wah Swoly, I was clearly just having a laugh with what LeBron would say.

This is war....USA USA USA baby !!

DD

19. DaDakota

But keep Hernandez healthy, we need him for United's next premier league season !

DD

20. SwoLy-D

STFU. Don't insult the real people out there fighting real WARs. Even THEY have more class than you and don't insult an entire country about their living conditions with arrogant and bigot comments.

STFU and GTFO this thread. You have no real comments and the first one you made was just out of left field to just insult. That's no laugh.

You want to talk football or soccer about the Gold Cup and its remaining game or what's transpired? Be my guest or STFU.