Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

David West just went down with a major injury
Tags:  basketball, hornets, houston rockets, injury, nba Tags
ribbit is offline Old 03-25-2011, 12:34 AM   #41
ribbit
ribbit is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48100
I don't know if this is good or bad for the Rockets' playoff chances. Rudy Gay got injured, MEM is still winning. David West got injured, NOH still won against UTA.

Let's see if NOH can still win against PHX tomorrow.

Sponsored Link
engr chris is offline Old 03-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #42
engr chris
engr chris is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2007
Member: #25392
This thread just jinxed our playoff hopes

Shaud is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #43
Shaud
Shaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30631
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun View Post
what the ****?? wats wrong you u old ass piece of ****??

i said i hate to see it happen...u reply saying U HOPE I GET INJURED?? and then u say that im retarded for defending myself??

just cuz ur having a horrible day..probably havent been laid in years if you are still young enough to raise ur penis....doesn't mean u have to take out ur frustrations on clutchfans....u dimwit, i dont wish bad upon anyone unlike you..whose life is probably so bad you wish bad upon others so they will be as miserable as you...retarded ****

My twitter

Shaud is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:14 AM   #44
Shaud
Shaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob View Post
it's called sarcasm, retard.. i think it's pretty ironic that a wannabe funny man can't recognize a basic tool used to generate laughs
How in the world was his post sarcasm?

My twitter

Zacatecas is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #45
Zacatecas
Zacatecas is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3473
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun View Post
totally messed up his knee....hate to see it...but this will DEFINITELY hurt the hornets down the stretch....maybe the ROCKETS CAN TAKE THEIR PLAYOFF SPOT!!!
I don't know but that is bad Karma (at least the grin faces)... Honestly if the Rockets won out and missed the playoffs, I would not be upset. I watch for the quality of play. And the Rockets are playing exceptionally well.

Too bad for West, he is a good player. Hornets will miss him. It's now up to Landry to step it up.

Zacatecas is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #46
Zacatecas
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
"Fighting on the internet is like running in the special Olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded."
lol....

BleedRocketsRed is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #47
BleedRocketsRed
Contributing Member
BleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43195
It was difficult to watch.

The guy was on the ground screaming in what seemed like intense pain while the game is still going on (5 on 4 on the other end).

Didn't really see what exactly happened at first but after seeing the replay (the way he landed, all of his weight onto one leg going down on the ground), it looked really ugly.

I do hope he is okay and can recover back to form. That was really rough.

AroundTheWorld is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #48
AroundTheWorld
Contributing Member
AroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1115
It did hurt to even watch this.

comment removed

OCCUPY UNSORTED!
KEEP UNSORTED ALIVE!

Zacatecas is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:30 AM   #49
Zacatecas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacatecas View Post
lol....
I'd like to take that comment back, now I am real stupid and feel real guilty for laughing. That's not cool. I am truly ashamed at my childish behavior

Those people who compete in the special Olympics are inspirations to watch. It gives greater significance to what life is all about. It talks about the drive and desire of humans to be proactive in this world.

RV6 is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:31 AM   #50
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
looks like a torn ACL to me...it'll be interesting to see if they can deal with the injury like Memphis has.

jets fool is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:38 AM   #51
jets fool
jets fool is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2011
Member: #48561
no mercy on dem fools

fonzie_004 is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #52
fonzie_004
fonzie_004 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44371
Damn that's nasty. Guy is heading into free agency, a real blow for him.

qetwr111 is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:50 AM   #53
qetwr111
qetwr111 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29601
They still have Landry.

I might be one of the only posters here who thinks this recent Rockets' win streak is a fluke. It just doesn't seem sustainable. Even if West goes down for a prolonged stretch, I don't think Houston will make the playoffs.

underrated015 is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:52 AM   #54
underrated015
underrated015 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35218
ima die hard rockets fan and i was pulling for utah until the injury. just felt bad for the hornets and david west. he was screaming like no other. hope hes okay. i dont wish on any injuries for us making the playoffs and making it in the right way is the best. great time to be a fan of basketball now.

rocketier1 is offline Old 03-25-2011, 01:56 AM   #55
rocketier1
rocketier1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2009
Member: #42260
Just saw the clip of him landing and yeah... that definitely didn't look pleasant at all. Get better David West

Treeza is offline Old 03-25-2011, 02:04 AM   #56
Treeza
Treeza is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45055
Just about everyone on this thread wants the rockets to make the playoffs, it's not okay to be excited about an injury though. Get better David West, injury looked bad.

UTAllTheWay is offline Old 03-25-2011, 02:15 AM   #57
UTAllTheWay
UTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36546
Hate to see a guy get hurt like that... even when he's a big part of a team the Rockets are trying to catch up to.

West is a very solid player, and I hope it just looks worse than it actually is. If it truly is bad, I really hope he can come back from it strong, whenever that is.

SunsRocketsfan is offline Old 03-25-2011, 02:40 AM   #58
SunsRocketsfan
SunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydeffect View Post
Its good for us but don't be happy that ANY player gets injured.
unless it's Karl Malone... Scott Williams FTW!

Uprising is offline Old 03-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #59
Uprising
Contributing Member
Uprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2086
I never understood why people get mad at other posters when it comes to injuries.

Clutchfans STEAM group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Clutchfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetics80 View Post
Lin > Harden

Amel is online now Old 03-25-2011, 03:07 AM   #60
Amel
Contributing Member
Amel is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAmel is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAmel is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAmel is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAmel is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAmel is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
I never understood why people get mad at other posters when it comes to injuries.
It's hard for them, very emotional

I knew exactly the thread on our forums he was referring to. A user had reacted prematurely to T-Will’s rough first half against the Spurs only to get clowned by the community for the rest of the game as Williams hit 7 of his last 9 shots in the second half.